Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2018, 05:43 AM

5,126 posts, read 7,412,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post

Harry has met her mother.... hes in quite a few photos with the woman... her father though I dont know about, and dont think theyve met each other.....
Harry has not met her father yet. He did phone him to ask permission to marry his daughter though.

Both her parents were supposed to be there this week to have time to get to know their new in-laws and get settled before the wedding. So this latest development is a wrench in the plans.

Old 05-15-2018, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post

It's a huge mess. The Royal Family is going all out to make everything perfect for a new life, and she is putting old grudges squarely in the spot lights. She should have taken the high road and invited her entire family to attend her wedding, and she should have helped her father out financially so he didn't have to embarrass himself with fake photos to pay the bills.
I totally agree. When you invite a lot of famous people to your wedding, and leave out your family, you look like the worst social climber ever.

The only dis-invite that makes sense, is the half-sister, who said ugly things about Meghan the minute she heard that she was dating Harry. Then she tried to smooth it over once they were engaged, in an effort to ingratiate herself. She has been jealous of Meghan since she was born and became their father's favorite child. Though I do think she was telling the truth when she said she once asked Meghan to help out their father financially, because he had sacrificed so much for their family and for Meghan specifically. She said Meghan started making big money after she landed her role in "Suits", but she didn't help. The sad thing is that Meghan's Instagram showed her going on lavish trips continually and indulging in fine dining. How do you spoil yourself while your father goes bankrupt after he's done so much for you? Her half-sister said what Meghan spent in a weekend alone would have helped their father greatly.

Her half-brother only said nice things about Meghan until he realized he was left out, and then unfortunately wrote that open letter asking Harry to cancel the wedding. I don't think he's stable, but he never would have lashed out if he hadn't felt so hurt. And let's face it, hearing through Meghan's attorney that he is a "distant relative" and "she doesn't know those people" is hurtful. A half-brother is not a distant relative and they lived under the same roof at their father's house when Meghan was very young.

Meghan also has aunts and uncles who've been wonderful to her that were not invited.

You know, it's come out through Andrew Morton, who's written a book about Meghan, that she has a tendency to drop people when they are of no use to her. I think she loves Harry and I actually think their marriage will last, but this is not a pretty side of her.

Old 05-15-2018, 06:41 AM

Yikes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yun_Y4bNNaA

Old 05-15-2018, 07:51 AM

5,544 posts, read 8,319,034 times
I have no stake in this matter and am only semi-interested in this wedding. May be one of the few females who will pass on it.

Haven't changed my opinion from my previous post, but Harry is a grown man and he should act like it if he intends to be a married man. Take control of the situation, get on that private plane, go get Dad, and find Dad a nice place where he can peacefully participate, explain to wife to be that she handled this sticky social situation badly and will be expected to be perfection in her new role, and make sure everybody involved knows that if they step one foot wrong they have him to answer to.

Dad has been treated poorly by his daughter and soon to be son in law. Media has speculated and embarrassed the poor man. And I wouldn't blame him for any anxiety he feels.

Am with Prince Philip. You folks have a never ending soap opera with this one.

Blast away but I do love the UK and the Queen.
She will always be that teenage girl in a mechanics uniform doing vehicle maintenance during WWII to me.

Old 05-15-2018, 07:55 AM

18,529 posts, read 18,761,435 times
Its a very last minute disaster to be honest as the rehearsals will be taking place for the procession, this has muddled it up a lot... shame on her father....countdown to the big day in detail.... https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...atest-updates/

Last edited by dizzybint; 05-15-2018 at 08:04 AM..

Old 05-15-2018, 07:59 AM

Meghan's father is having chest pains again, and says he's checking back into the hospital. Harry won't be able to get him there.

Yes, the media has been bad, but the Daily Mail's coverage has been nothing less than horrific. They said Meghan's mother lived in an area that was "straight outta Compton" and worse, which isn't true. They portrayed her neighborhood as gang-infested.

Old 05-15-2018, 08:02 AM

5,544 posts, read 8,319,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
Meghan's father is having chest pains again, and says he's checking back into the hospital. Harry won't be able to get him there.
Yep from an old country music song "it is a little too late to do the right thing now"

Old 05-15-2018, 08:05 AM

18,529 posts, read 18,761,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoldnorthstate View Post
Yep from an old country music song "it is a little too late to do the right thing now"
Have to agree the mans made a mess of this big time....and Whos Sorry Now...

Old 05-15-2018, 08:17 AM

5,238 posts, read 4,064,154 times
Unfortunately, dysfunctional families and weddings do not mix well. There will always be some drama going on. And I suspect that the drama will continue to go on, with this wedding - even until after the wedding has happened!

My own dysfunctional family had many dramas with my brother’s wedding, a few year’s ago. I don’t want to bog down this thread with stories of my brother’s wedding, so I’ll write below some of the things that happened, if anyone is interested:

Spoiler
A couple of weeks before my brother’s wedding, my mother announced that she was going to divorce my father (she says this every few years or so ). After that, my brother’s wife complained that the wedding photos would “look stupid with your mother and father split up”.

Then my father said he “may or may not go to the wedding”. So, my brother’s wife said she didn’t want any of our family at the wedding! She did change her mind eventually, and we were ‘allowed’ to go. But there was more to come...

A few day’s before the wedding, my daughter (who was due to be a bridesmaid), felt ill. There was a bug going around her class. I informed my brother about this, to which he said “We’ll see what happens, on the day...”.

Anyway, the day of the wedding arrived. We went to a hotel near the wedding venue, but when we got there, my daughter was sick. She didn’t feel well enough to attend the wedding, and was very upset about this. So, I went on my own, while Mr Star stayed at the hotel to look after our daughter.

After the wedding, my brother’s wife got really annoyed with me, claiming that I had “kept <daughter> away from the wedding on purpose”!! I also got an angry text from her, telling us to keep away from all of them!

She hasn’t spoken to any of us since then. We also hardly ever see my brother, and their child, as my brother has to do whatever he’s told by her.

Old 05-15-2018, 08:20 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,959,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
It does seem strange the gal's parents weren't brought over at least a week ago. This is going to be a massive media circus, and they won't be used to anything like this.

They should have been prepared for this, and have nerves settled. Put 'em up in Buckingham Palace, and have a few drinks with the Queen. Just let 'em know she's just your ordinary billionaire, who lives in a massive tax payer funded home in central London.

There will be telly cameras everywhere on the day, and it will be very unsettling for the parents of the bride. I can quite understand her father losing his nerve.

I thought I'd seen it all with the Royals, and they had learned some lessons from the Diana fiasco. But nope, they have managed to mess this up. Their underlings are the ones really to blame. The Queen is a very old woman, can't blame her for this mess.

I am sure the old girl will put a nice hat on, and smile on Saturday. Phil on the other hand may not......
I'm definitely going to watch it now! I have taken no interest in it at all until it's started to hit the fan!!
Meghan's mom has been in the UK since May 10th from my understanding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom