Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2018, 06:25 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,903,577 times

Advertisements

Shrink: "My wife's from Ar-KAN-sas"

Meghan: "AR-kan-saw??"

Shrink: "God bless you."

Hilarious!

Old 05-10-2018, 06:30 PM

Meghan's father seems to be a quiet, self-effacing man who does not seek the limelight. I hope he has a wonderful time at his daughter's wedding and afterwards can return to the sort of life he prefers.

Old 05-10-2018, 06:47 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,697,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Meghan's father seems to be a quiet, self-effacing man who does not seek the limelight. I hope he has a wonderful time at his daughter's wedding and afterwards can return to the sort of life he prefers.
I don't know. If we can believe what we read, he could be a nutcase who drinks too much and is obese from eating junk food. A nut who went bankrupt. Someone who could have been successful but turned into a loser. OR he could be a sweet person who failed in his first married but truly loved his second wife and their daughter, Meghan. He loved her so much that he spent big money on her education and gave her everything.

At first I thought--if he's a drunk, they'd better get him over there fast and keep him sober. Tame him down and make him presentable. But then, if the other story is true and he's just more or less a sad case of someone down on his luck, then go ahead and fit him for his wedding attire and fly him over there later on.

He STILL has not met any of the royal family. Prince Harry apparently asked Meghan's mother for permission to marry, not the dad. Stay tuned.

Old 05-10-2018, 08:06 PM

5,126 posts, read 7,412,423 times
Hmmm. I read that Harry did ask her father. I thought Harry said so in their engagement interview?

Old 05-10-2018, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
Hmmm. I read that Harry did ask her father. I thought Harry said so in their engagement interview?
Probably by phone or Skype. Or email. Or texting. Or...

Naw, phone.

Old 05-10-2018, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
I don't know. If we can believe what we read, he could be a nutcase who drinks too much and is obese from eating junk food. A nut who went bankrupt. Someone who could have been successful but turned into a loser. OR he could be a sweet person who failed in his first married but truly loved his second wife and their daughter, Meghan. He loved her so much that he spent big money on her education and gave her everything.

At first I thought--if he's a drunk, they'd better get him over there fast and keep him sober. Tame him down and make him presentable. But then, if the other story is true and he's just more or less a sad case of someone down on his luck, then go ahead and fit him for his wedding attire and fly him over there later on.

He STILL has not met any of the royal family. Prince Harry apparently asked Meghan's mother for permission to marry, not the dad. Stay tuned.
Meghan's mother is already in London and said to be staying with the happy pair or next door in KP.

Her father is on his way and should be there in 24-48 hours.

As for the rumors, it's obvious Mr. Markle is older and out of shape. So were Princess Diana and Fergie's fathers, as I recall, and the Queen Mum wasn't exactly slender once she turned 40 or so. Prince Andrew has been a bit hefty from time to time as well, though he appears to be in pretty good shape nowadays.

It's not really an issue, and I don't know that anyone's been watching Mr. Markle eat regularly enough to know what his diet might consist of. It appears that his older children are bitterly jealous of their much younger half-sister Meghan, and they seem to have no issue with spreading dirty laundry all over the tabloids for all to see. Seems to me that reflects on them, mostly...but I can see why they were not invited to the wedding.

I wouldn't want to have anything to do with them either, in Meghan's position.

There's no question there's considerable dysfunction in Meghan Markle's family - as others have noted, the same could be said for the Windsors, not so many years ago. They've managed to move along and appear to be doing considerably better at communicating effectively and improving mutual understanding within their family these days - let's hope the same will be true of the Markle-Ragsdale clan.

Old 05-10-2018, 09:12 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,697,006 times
So he will be there soon? Meghan's dad. That's good. I don't hear much about him but I did read that he subsists on junk food. We can't really tell that much about anyone because it's all hearsay anyway. I did read that Harry spoke with the dad on the phone.

Naw, I wouldn't invite those terrible siblings either. They are acting so jealous and hateful that they might do something rotten and mean at the wedding to mess things up for her. I wouldn't trust them.

Both Harry and Meghan come from dysfunctional families and maybe that's partly what draws them together. They are trying to make some sense out of all the confusion. I just hope they can do it.

Old 05-11-2018, 06:26 AM

18,529 posts, read 18,761,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I don't think that face with the tongue stuck out is going to sell many magazines. Clowns get old really fast. Thank goodness we will have Kate to look at. Do you think they will really be married? I have doubts about it. No boxing day? I don't think she is compatible with England. She has a lot to learn.

Since I am American with English roots, I doubt it matters what I think. I have already seen enough of that woman though. She sounds controlling. When you marry you should accept your mate and his traditions.
and he hers hahaha..if I had married for my mates traditions Id have been in the pub half of my life , thankfully I didnt..

Old 05-11-2018, 06:52 AM

2,072 posts, read 1,070,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Ha! Being married to a Brit I've run into a little bit of those language issues. Thank goodness my family was English so I already knew some of it--mostly our problems used to be things like him telling me to get a kitchen towel--and I would get a kitchen towel. But he wanted a PAPER towel. I know about bog rolls and feeling knackered. And I already knew about popping your clogs and codswallop. Didn't know about snogging though.

That's the biggest problem: the vocabulary. People think they can't understand the accent but I tell them it's not the accent, it's the actual words. It works better when I'm there to translate the words for him.

BTW, we DO know how to say fish and chips. So that video is WRONG about that. We say fish and CHIPS. Just the way you do. I've never heard anyone say FISH and chips the way she did in the video. How insulting to us, lol. Actually I think the real Meghan will have learned to speak by now--it doesn't take very long when you're with the person a lot. You start speaking a form of pidgin English when you're together, your own made up hodge podge of a language.

Thanks for the video. Any more out there?
I haven't been keeping up with Harry and Megan but that video was hysterical.

"what? I'm not a princess????"

Old 05-12-2018, 03:58 PM

5,455 posts, read 3,390,454 times
I live in a constitutional monarchy (former British colony) and Queen Elizabeth II is my queen too.

I want the royal family to remain European. It is a matter of tradition and I believe that traditions help keep our commonwealth stable. It remains peaceful this way. Watch the monarchy fizzle out after this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom