Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2018, 10:54 PM

5,126 posts, read 7,412,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post

And what would she actually believe "on the inside"? Would that be her original Christianity, or the Judaism she converted to for her first husband, or ??? Is she having a faux conversion to The Anglican Church because she HAS to so she can marry Harry? And you find nothing hypocritical about this? It seems as if, when it comes to matters of faith, she has all the conviction of a weather vane.
Who the hell cares what she believes on the inside?! Are you aware how many people convert only because of marriage? Royal rules dictate that she has to convert and she has to raise any children as Anglican. If you're so concerned about hypocrisy, why not question what everyone in the royal family believes on the inside? If you're hoping for purity of faith from them, you will be sorely disappointed.

Why don't you question the hundreds of thousands of Americans who changed their religion for a partner? You have no idea the subtleties of how a person navigates religion. A lot of people just focus on the community aspect and personal guidelines aspect of their religion.

Quote:

So, Meghan's first marriage vows meant nothing? If her first marriage was in trouble due to distance, perhaps she could have, oh I don't know, quit her job so she could move back home and make her marriage work? Why would she do that with Harry but not her first husband? Is it because Harry is a Prince? And you wonder why people accuse Meghan of being a social climber.
Perhaps her husband should have quit HIS job and made it work! You go really hard on the women don't you?

As someone who is divorced for MANY reasons, I don't think any divorced person owes it to anyone to explain why their marriage didn't work out. There are always multiple reasons. Do you want Meghan to hand over a detailed list of what went wrong? Doesn't her ex deserve privacy? People in the public eye often give vague reasons for a divorce, because frankly it's too personal and no ones business!

Quote:

Love at first sight...we all know that's a solid foundation for a marriage, especially one in the public eye.
Everyone doesn't feel as jaded as you do. I have known plenty of "love at first sight" couples who've been together for decades. My own grandparents who are long deceased were one of them.

Harry and Meghan followed up their immediate attraction with getting to know each other, and Harry didn't even tell his own family until he'd spend quite a bit of time getting to know Meghan privately. I also think they had in common an interest in charity work.

Quote:

Right, because straight men care so much about their engagement photos.
Oh, I see, it's all the woman's fault again. Some straight men DO care.

Regardless, you are forgetting one important thing. Their engagement photos have to be approved by the queen. Everything about the engagement and wedding must be approved by her. Harry isn't even allowed to marry anyone without her permission. I guess you are far more disturbed by the photos than Her Majesty.

Quote:

Ingenue: "The ingénue /ˈɑːnʒeɪnuː/ is a stock character in literature, film, and a role type in the theatre; generally a girl or a young woman who is endearingly innocent and wholesome. Ingénue may also refer to a new young actress or one typecast in such roles."

Oh, gee, let's think: Meghan is out in public, and she starts giggling at the crowds. Giggling. A 36 year old actress who has been on photo calls and at premiers. Meghan tells the cameras, "I didn't know anything about Harry". Please. You can't stand in line at the grocery store in this country without seeing Harry plastered all over "People" Magazine for his entire life.

Moreover, innocent and wholesome? You said it yourself: "Meghan already had an exciting life full of exotic travel and fun before she met Harry. Ever seen her Instagram? The girl was living!"
You're the one saying she acts like an "ingenue", not me.

Meghan has always had a bubbly personality. Always. Watch interviews with her long before Harry. I don't think personality transplants are a thing, so I wouldn't expect her to change. People don't grow out of their personality either, so the "ingenue" argument is weird.

Also, I don't think anyone is required to READ the gossip magazines at the grocery store, so what would Meghan "know" about Harry except for how he looks?

Quote:

As far as her gown, no need for your sarcasm....perhaps you would like to see what the New York Times had to say about it:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/22/f...ait-dress.html
I can't read the article because it behind a pay wall, and I don't care about an opinion piece anyway. Again, no official portraits go out without the queen's approval.

It's been said that the queen and royal family have gotten on famously with Meghan, and they're very happy with Harry's choice. Harry said William and Kate are thrilled with Meghan. If only they would listen to you.

If you had anything of substance to say, I would have listened, but it's all a bunch of spurious nonsense.

Old 01-16-2018, 11:34 PM

Quote:

Oh, gee, let's think: Meghan is out in public, and she starts giggling at the crowds. Giggling. A 36 year old actress who has been on photo calls and at premiers.
Remember that time when Harry created an uproar by wearing a Nazi costume? He apologized for it being a bad joke.

Remember that time he had to answer for the naked photo of him in a Las Vegas hotel room playing strip poker with Americans he'd just met?

If that had been Meghan, you'd have had a field day with her.

Maybe they are well-matched in personality.

Old 01-17-2018, 11:06 AM

9,546 posts, read 7,075,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
Who the hell cares what she believes on the inside?! Are you aware how many people convert only because of marriage? Royal rules dictate that she has to convert and she has to raise any children as Anglican. If you're so concerned about hypocrisy, why not question what everyone in the royal family believes on the inside? If you're hoping for purity of faith from them, you will be sorely disappointed.

Why don't you question the hundreds of thousands of Americans who changed their religion for a partner? You have no idea the subtleties of how a person navigates religion. A lot of people just focus on the community aspect and personal guidelines aspect of their religion.

Perhaps her husband should have quit HIS job and made it work! You go really hard on the women don't you?

As someone who is divorced for MANY reasons, I don't think any divorced person owes it to anyone to explain why their marriage didn't work out. There are always multiple reasons. Do you want Meghan to hand over a detailed list of what went wrong? Doesn't her ex deserve privacy? People in the public eye often give vague reasons for a divorce, because frankly it's too personal and no ones business!

Everyone doesn't feel as jaded as you do. I have known plenty of "love at first sight" couples who've been together for decades. My own grandparents who are long deceased were one of them.

Harry and Meghan followed up their immediate attraction with getting to know each other, and Harry didn't even tell his own family until he'd spend quite a bit of time getting to know Meghan privately. I also think they had in common an interest in charity work.

Oh, I see, it's all the woman's fault again. Some straight men DO care.

Regardless, you are forgetting one important thing. Their engagement photos have to be approved by the queen. Everything about the engagement and wedding must be approved by her. Harry isn't even allowed to marry anyone without her permission. I guess you are far more disturbed by the photos than Her Majesty.

You're the one saying she acts like an "ingenue", not me.

Meghan has always had a bubbly personality. Always. Watch interviews with her long before Harry. I don't think personality transplants are a thing, so I wouldn't expect her to change. People don't grow out of their personality either, so the "ingenue" argument is weird.

Also, I don't think anyone is required to READ the gossip magazines at the grocery store, so what would Meghan "know" about Harry except for how he looks?

I can't read the article because it behind a pay wall, and I don't care about an opinion piece anyway. Again, no official portraits go out without the queen's approval.

It's been said that the queen and royal family have gotten on famously with Meghan, and they're very happy with Harry's choice. Harry said William and Kate are thrilled with Meghan. If only they would listen to you.

If you had anything of substance to say, I would have listened, but it's all a bunch of spurious nonsense.

That sure is a long and emotional reply considering you think I wrote "nonsense".

Why do you care so much?

Weird.

Old 01-17-2018, 11:36 AM

18,529 posts, read 18,761,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasie123 View Post
MAYBE is a way of rebelling against the Monarchy? There is a reason why he has chosen "bimbos" in the past, and this time a bi-racial lady? Trying to make some of them angry?
one of his "bimbos" is a lawyer..

Old 01-19-2018, 02:58 AM

Quote:

That sure is a long and emotional reply considering you think I wrote "nonsense".

Why do you care so much?

Weird.
In other words, you have no response.

In case you have amnesia, you've typed a lot of alphabet letters on this subject yourself. Why do YOU care so much?

My words are no more "emotional" than yours are, so GTFO.

(My finger slipped on the mouse and accidentally gave you a "thumbs up". Ignore it.)

Old 01-19-2018, 06:34 AM

9,546 posts, read 7,075,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
In other words, you have no response.

In case you have amnesia, you've typed a lot of alphabet letters on this subject yourself. Why do YOU care so much?

My words are no more "emotional" than yours are, so GTFO.

(My finger slipped on the mouse and accidentally gave you a "thumbs up". Ignore it.)

Oh, I have a response.

My response is a shrug.

I simply don't care that much. It doesn't matter in the big scheme of things.

You, however, seem to be in a tizzy.

Cursing at strangers over the Internet because you disagree with them?

SMH.

Old 01-21-2018, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Oh, I have a response.

My response is a shrug.

I simply don't care that much. It doesn't matter in the big scheme of things.

You, however, seem to be in a tizzy.

Cursing at strangers over the Internet because you disagree with them?

SMH.
You don't care that much? You already had created TEN posts on this subject before I even weighed in.

I didn't curse at you because of disagreement. I basically told you to shove off because of your dishonesty in portraying my words as somehow more "emotional" than yours. I wrote with logic and you have not refuted any of it.

Characterizing my posts as "emotional" and saying I'm "in a tizzy" is just a transparent ad hominem attack. It's a tactic used by people who have no rebuttal, so they lazily resort to personal attacks instead.

Old 01-21-2018, 02:02 AM

For everyone else, here's an interesting mini-documentary about Harry and Meghan just prior to their engagement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bU6FkiSfFhU

Old 01-21-2018, 10:47 AM

18,529 posts, read 18,761,435 times
Ive never seen Harry looking so happy. and if thats what love does, then long may it continue.. you go Harry .. and have a wonderful life with your lovely woman..

Old 01-21-2018, 12:05 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,474,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Ive never seen Harry looking so happy. and if thats what love does, then long may it continue.. you go Harry .. and have a wonderful life with your lovely woman..
^This! It’s so sad that there are those who bitterly oppose the happiness of others. Really quite pathetic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom