Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2018, 07:28 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,498,681 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I wish them both the best and I have no issue at all with anything racial, or political or whatever - that's their own business and if they both agree on on values then that's a huge step in the direction of a successful marriage.

What does concern me now that more is coming out, are some of these points (by "concern" I don't mean I'm losing any sleep over any of this - just noting these points!):

1. She gave up one of her dogs - I don't understand why that was necessary but oh well. I can't imagine leaving either of my dogs behind when moving overseas.

2. Harry either knows more than the story given to the public, or doesn't know her family as well as he thinks he does, based on his comment about his family being "the family she never had." What the heck was that all about?

3. So he hasn't even met her dad yet? Wow, that's an interesting tidbit.

4. She changes her religion like a teenager changing sweaters in the spring. Apparently her "religion" depends on who she's marrying at the time. Interesting. Not in a good way.

Anyway, just a few observations. Time will tell. I hope everything works out for them.
Religion is mostly symbolic these days, so I don't think it will play a huge role.

Old 01-07-2018, 08:53 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,048,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
oh but I did, its the way we describe a face or eyes here in Glasgow..loosen up...... what consideration...

That still doesn't answer my question. What are nippy eyes? You never responded when I asked, you just ignored it. That is the consideration, or rather the lack of it.

Saying now that it's the way you describe a face or eyes in Glasgow is still meaningless to me, it's telling me nothing. For all I know it could be that in Glasgow it means a person with nippy eyes is someone who is blind and possesses no eyes at all and that the person has a Glaswegian mouth with no teeth.

So what are nippy eyes? Is it possible it means something really obscene and vulgar or smacks of racist bigotry and that's why you don't want to answer?

Old 01-07-2018, 10:20 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,959,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
Religion is mostly symbolic these days, so I don't think it will play a huge role.
I'm sure some people see it that way. Others, not so much.

Old 01-07-2018, 10:41 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,075,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
Considering her father-in-law and brother-in-law will be head of The Anglican Church, and considering that in order to covert to Judaism she has to reject Christ's divinity, and now she is going to conveniently accept Christ again...

...yeah, she is not the best choice.

Old 01-08-2018, 08:10 AM

5,544 posts, read 8,319,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
That still doesn't answer my question. What are nippy eyes? You never responded when I asked, you just ignored it. That is the consideration, or rather the lack of it.

Saying now that it's the way you describe a face or eyes in Glasgow is still meaningless to me, it's telling me nothing. For all I know it could be that in Glasgow it means a person with nippy eyes is someone who is blind and possesses no eyes at all and that the person has a Glaswegian mouth with no teeth.

So what are nippy eyes? Is it possible it means something really obscene and vulgar or smacks of racist bigotry and that's why you don't want to answer?

when I looked it up on the internet in Scottish Slang it seems to lean toward stinging. perhaps scolding or bad tempered.

so a personality trait not obscene, vulgar, or racist.

and given her behavior during the engagement announcement interview and outtakes, she definitely whupped Harry up good as we would say in my neck of the woods. He could barely get a word in edgewise and said so. just assuming that is what he wants...

Old 01-08-2018, 08:46 AM

18,529 posts, read 18,761,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post

Do you want it to be obscene or racist... give over.. it means not soft looking eyes like her sister.. smarting eyes maybe ..I dont know what you use for that term.... witchy eyes maybe.. or thats going to far but shes not sweet looking like Kate... A Glasgow mouth with no teeth hahahah now whos being racist..you just want a fight mate and not on.. go play elsewhere.

Old 01-08-2018, 06:37 PM

2,587 posts, read 1,596,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Star the Pippa thing gave me the boaks, shes quite ordinary and has nippy eyes like her mother , I didnt get the sexy bum thing in the bridesmaids dress at all or that she outsone her beautiful sister. load of media tosh...

Being as you're of the female persuasion diz, I wouldn't expect Pippa's rear end to have done anything for you, (oh, and I had to ask my Scots niece to translate boaks),
and even though I'm old enough to know better, my eyes were doing cartwheels as she followed her sister into the Abbey, be still my foolish heart.
Pippa is definitely attractive, but I think that Kate has her beat in the looks department.
Getting back to the thread, there were some excruciating photo-shopped pictures and non PC cartoon WhatsApps flying around on social media, I'm surprised that no one got banged up in The Tower.

Old 01-09-2018, 12:50 AM

14,735 posts, read 15,048,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoldnorthstate View Post
when I looked it up on the internet in Scottish Slang it seems to lean toward stinging. perhaps scolding or bad tempered.

so a personality trait not obscene, vulgar, or racist.

and given her behavior during the engagement announcement interview and outtakes, she definitely whupped Harry up good as we would say in my neck of the woods. He could barely get a word in edgewise and said so. just assuming that is what he wants...

Thanks for that information about what nippy means in Scottish slang. Here in Canada nippy means biting cold winter temperatures. As in "It's nippy outside tonight." Or it can mean a dog or horse that is nippy, as in it uses it's teeth to suddently, unexpectedly nip at others.

Just for clarification, it was Pippa Middleton and her mother that Dizzybint had referred to as having nippy eyes, not Meghan Markle. I didn't know what it meant and was (still am) puzzled by such a comment about a mother and daughter who both seem to be ordinary but pleasant and inoffensive looking women in their appearance. I think they have nice eyes.

I think Catherine is very attractive and classy in looks, mannerisms and demeanour as befits her station. Hopefully Meghan will develop more classy looks and mannerisms as she grows into her new station

Old 01-09-2018, 08:26 AM

4,096 posts, read 3,727,746 times
Harry & Megan are in Brixton as I write, on my home turf. At least they get to see it before it's completely changed most probably for the worse. I like the fact they're making time for community radio.

Old 01-09-2018, 11:46 AM

9,546 posts, read 7,075,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pueblofuerte View Post
Harry & Megan are in Brixton as I write, on my home turf. At least they get to see it before it's completely changed most probably for the worse. I like the fact they're making time for community radio.
I guess you didn't see them in person?

I saw the photos of Meghan blowing kisses, hugging "fans", giggling behind her hand, and clinging to Harry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom