Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2018, 07:07 AM

18,529 posts, read 18,761,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean-Francois View Post
First off, there is a TV commercial over here, for an optician chain, it features people a tad optically challenged, in humorous situations, the strap line is, “Should have gone to SpecSavers.”
Personally, I could care less if MM was green, or blue with crimson polka dots, but if you can’t see that she is bi-racial, then maybe you “Should go to SpecSavers.”
Plus I think that you can rest easy about marrying into royalty, you probably have about as much chance of that, as I have of getting elected into the White House.

Nice one Dave, I love it, and I don’t mean toe sucking, I mean your sardonic humour.
You have to laugh on some of these posts.... you really do....

Old 01-12-2018, 08:41 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,752,932 times
Quote:
First off, there is a TV commercial over here, for an optician chain, it features people a tad optically challenged, in humorous situations, the strap line is, “Should have gone to SpecSavers.”
Personally, I could care less if MM was green, or blue with crimson polka dots, but if you can’t see that she is bi-racial, then maybe you “Should go to SpecSavers.”
Plus I think that you can rest easy about marrying into royalty, you probably have about as much chance of that, as I have of getting elected into the White House.
Well, she just doesn't look mixed-race to me, more like an Iranian or Arab, or Latina.
And she looks like she had plastic surgery that didn't go well.

Not 'chance', risk. I like normal, middle-class, genetically healthy women that are not the result of centuries of extended inbreeding. Royal families are an absurdity these days, be it in Britain, be it in Spain. Glad Portugal retired their royals a century ago...

Old 01-12-2018, 09:09 AM

5,238 posts, read 4,064,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
How is that bizarre?

I think it's more bizarre to wear a see through garment in your engagement photos.
What exactly can you see, through this “see through garment” that she wore? Because I can’t see anything!

Quote:
Considering her father-in-law and brother-in-law will be head of The Anglican Church, and considering that in order to covert to Judaism she has to reject Christ's divinity, and now she is going to conveniently accept Christ again...

...yeah, she is not the best choice.
Surely your Christ would want you to be nice about the upcoming marriage of Harry and Meghan, eh?

Old 01-12-2018, 09:20 AM

5,238 posts, read 4,064,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Oh god they need you for the new....Nostradamus... they really do.. the wise seer of the 21st century...
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
As long as Meghan avoids getting her toes sucked by someone other than her husband, she should be ok.....
Quote:
Lol! It’s that “British humour” the Americans talk about!

Old 01-12-2018, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star10101 View Post
Lol! It’s that “British humour” the Americans talk about!
well at least you get it Star hahah.

Old 01-15-2018, 03:20 PM

34 posts, read 28,608 times
Harry is fortunate to be engaged to her. She may not be the traditional choice but Harry isn't exactly the traditional Prince. I hope they are happy together.

Old 01-16-2018, 07:15 AM

5,126 posts, read 7,412,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star10101 View Post

What exactly can you see, through this “see through garment” that she wore?

Because I can’t see anything!
NOTHING. Someone obviously doesn't understand the construction of formal dresses with sheer fabric on top and liners underneath.

Also . . .

Meghan Markle was forced to leave one of her dogs because he had health issues and the vet advised her that he wasn't strong enough to make the trip. She was said to be heartbroken over it, but the dog is being cared for by someone she trusts.

As far as changing her religion, she has no choice in the matter if she wants to marry Prince Harry. It's all ancient royal rules - the monarch is titled "Defender of The Faith" and that's taken seriously. I doubt she'll change what she believes on the inside. I remember reading articles from ages ago suggesting that some members of the royal family don't believe in Christianity, but they are required to appear to.

It's a stifling life of rules when you're royal.

Also, the comment that Meghan got divorced because the marriage couldn't survive distance, and asking how she was okay with a long-distance relationship with Harry doesn't make sense. The long-distance part was the courtship. She and Harry aren't going to have a long-distance marriage.

I'm not a fan of monarchy in general, though William and Harry seem especially likable. Harry and Meghan strike me as one of those "love at first sight" stories. They were already plotting their second date while on their first. They seem to be crazy about each other.

Meghan already had an exciting life full of exotic travel and fun before she met Harry. Ever seen her Instagram? The girl was living! She will be consigned to a lot of strict rules and mandatory appearances and public criticism now. Who would want to take that on if love isn't the reason?

She's losing a lot of free spirited freedom.

Old 01-16-2018, 07:22 AM

5,126 posts, read 7,412,423 times
Quote:

I am not the one who called MM "vulgar", but I would say:

--her engagement photos were like a magazine photo shoot, instead of the traditional style of previous royal couples

--acts like an ingenue when she is a 36 year old who has already been around the block at least once
HER engagement photos? I seem to recall Harry being part of them, so they are HIS engagement photos also. Why no criticism of him?

I thought the photos were lovely.

And how does one "act like an ingenue"? Like, what does that entail?

Old 01-16-2018, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
NOTHING. Someone obviously doesn't understand the construction of formal dresses with sheer fabric on top and liners underneath.

Also . . .

Meghan Markle was forced to leave one of her dogs because he had health issues and the vet advised her that he wasn't strong enough to make the trip. She was said to be heartbroken over it, but the dog is being cared for by someone she trusts.

As far as changing her religion, she has no choice in the matter if she wants to marry Prince Harry. It's all ancient royal rules - the monarch is titled "Defender of The Faith" and that's taken seriously. I doubt she'll change what she believes on the inside. I remember reading articles from ages ago suggesting that some members of the royal family don't believe in Christianity, but they are required to appear to.

Also, the comment that Meghan got divorced because the marriage couldn't survive distance, and asking how she was okay with a long-distance relationship with Harry doesn't make sense. The long-distance part was the courtship. She and Harry aren't going to have a long-distance marriage.

I'm not a fan of monarchy in general, though William and Harry seem especially likable. Harry and Meghan strike me as one of those "love at first sight" stories. They were already plotting their second date while on their first. They seem to be crazy about each other.

Meghan already had an exciting life full of exotic travel and fun before she met Harry. Ever seen her Instagram? The girl was living! She will be consigned to a lot of strict rules and mandatory appearances and public criticism now. Who would want to take that on if love isn't the reason?

I like this.....

Old 01-16-2018, 07:51 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,075,105 times
Quote:

Also . . .

And what would she actually believe "on the inside"? Would that be her original Christianity, or the Judaism she converted to for her first husband, or ??? Is she having a faux conversion to The Anglican Church because she HAS to so she can marry Harry? And you find nothing hypocritical about this? It seems as if, when it comes to matters of faith, she has all the conviction of a weather vane.

So, Meghan's first marriage vows meant nothing? If her first marriage was in trouble due to distance, perhaps she could have, oh I don't know, quit her job so she could move back home and make her marriage work? Why would she do that with Harry but not her first husband? Is it because Harry is a Prince? And you wonder why people accuse Meghan of being a social climber.

Love at first sight...we all know that's a solid foundation for a marriage, especially one in the public eye.

Quote:
HER engagement photos? I seem to recall Harry being part of them, so they are HIS engagement photos also. Why no criticism of him?

I thought the photos were lovely.

And how does one "act like an ingenue"? Like, what does that entail?
Right, because straight men care so much about their engagement photos.

Ingenue: "The ingénue /ˈɑːnʒeɪnuː/ is a stock character in literature, film, and a role type in the theatre; generally a girl or a young woman who is endearingly innocent and wholesome. Ingénue may also refer to a new young actress or one typecast in such roles."

Oh, gee, let's think: Meghan is out in public, and she starts giggling at the crowds. Giggling. A 36 year old actress who has been on photo calls and at premiers. Meghan tells the cameras, "I didn't know anything about Harry". Please. You can't stand in line at the grocery store in this country without seeing Harry plastered all over "People" Magazine for his entire life. Moreover, innocent and wholesome? You said it yourself: "Meghan already had an exciting life full of exotic travel and fun before she met Harry. Ever seen her Instagram? The girl was living!"

As far as her gown, no need for your sarcasm....perhaps you would like to see what the New York Times had to say about it:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/22/f...ait-dress.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom