Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2018, 02:51 AM

18,531 posts, read 18,765,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by matisse12 View Post
What is vulgar about her?
absolutely nothing I think maybe this poster is upset over a scene in Suits...

Old 01-04-2018, 03:34 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,877,240 times
Default yes but she's a "modern wimin"

Quote:
many children? she is age 36 right now.

she looks like the kind of "snowflake" who will procreate with IVF very late in her years, just to make a point...

Old 01-04-2018, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
she looks like the kind of "snowflake" who will procreate with IVF very late in her years, just to make a point...
shocking

Old 01-04-2018, 11:29 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,500,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
I just have to ask because it sounds interesting. What are nippy eyes?

"Nippy eyes". Gotta love how people post stuff like that without giving it a moments consideration.

Old 01-06-2018, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
"Nippy eyes". Gotta love how people post stuff like that without giving it a moments consideration.
oh but I did, its the way we describe a face or eyes here in Glasgow..loosen up...... what consideration...

Old 01-07-2018, 03:58 AM

3,565 posts, read 2,117,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
This is just the start of what's going to be a real-life soap opera played out on the tabloid pages á lá Lady Di.
Harry's a decent chap but like all of the Windsor family not blessed in the brains department.The combination of his inherent dim-wittedness and the C-list actress Meghan and here My Name Is Earl family he is marrying into does not bode well.
But the train crash is going to be fun to watch.
This is my biggest fear for the couple.

The tabloids haven't had much to bite on in terms of the Royals just lately. Perhaps the advisers for some members of the Royal family have learnt from past errors regarding Charles & Camilla, and of course Diana. As a consequence I don't think the RedTops have had much luck digging for dirt on the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.

However, I rather think this may all change given Meghan's not-so-favourable past, and as a consequence the tabloids will be in ecstasy because of it!

The ironic thing about this, is that the public criticise the tabloids for digging the dirt, and yet millions of people still want to read more about it! And inevitably, the more news/fake-news the likes of the Daily Mail publish, the more swayed its readership will become. And I rather think the DM will do a hatchet job on Meghan, if they haven't all ready (I don't read the DM).

I don't think Harry & Meghan will have quite the easy ride William & Kate are having in terms of winning the nation's hearts.

Old 01-07-2018, 03:24 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,076,623 times
Quote:
What is vulgar about her?
I am not the one who called MM "vulgar", but I would say:

--she wore a see through garment in her engagement photos
--she wore a $75,000 garment in her engagement photos
--her engagement photos were like a magazine photo shoot, instead of the traditional style of previous royal couples
--she is now changing her religion for the 3rd time to suit the man she is marrying (no true religious conviction)
--she stuck out her tongue at the crowd at Sandringham, on Christmas day, in front of church
--she seems to not understand protocol (she walks ahead of Harry, she hugs and high fives the crowd, she is always clinging to Harry, she talked over him in the engagement interview)
--divorced once; was living with someone when she met Harry, and dumped him for Harry
--the sex acts on TV
--claims criticism of her is due to "racism"
--she talked about her relationship to Vanity Fair
--holier than thou attitude (maybe that is just annoying, and not vulgar)
--acts like an ingenue when she is a 36 year old who has already been around the block at least once

Old 01-07-2018, 04:18 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,708,450 times
I guess if she were not an actress I wouldn't be so concerned. That's the only thing about her that could possibly seem "vulgar" to me. I don't think of Hollywood people as being real life people. I think of them as fake.

Then there's the fact that both of them came from troubled backgrounds and that could be the main thing that's holding them together. It may turn out to be a very important, life long factor or it may turn out to just be a fleeting need that temporarily connects them.

She does seem to understand what he's gone through. BUT, remember when Diana understood what Charles had gone through? IIRC, she sat and listened to him talk about his problems and she thought she truly understood him and could help him. Was that enough?

Old 01-07-2018, 05:56 PM

5,606 posts, read 3,514,310 times
The Royal Family and theatrical types are a bad mix.
Lillie Langtry & King Edward VII
Prince Andrew & Koo Stark
Prince Edward and those chorus boys.

Old 01-07-2018, 06:25 PM

1,956 posts, read 1,520,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star10101 View Post
At least he looks happier with her than those blonde bimbos he used to go out with - Chelsy Davy and that Cressida Whatever.

He should have chosen the brunette ladies earlier. Once you have brunette, you don’t go back... apparently...

MAYBE is a way of rebelling against the Monarchy? There is a reason why he has chosen "bimbos" in the past, and this time a bi-racial lady? Trying to make some of them angry?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom