Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2018, 01:52 PM

4,096 posts, read 3,727,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
I guess you didn't see them in person?

I saw the photos of Meghan blowing kisses, hugging "fans", giggling behind her hand, and clinging to Harry.
I didn't I was at work but mum did get a couple of photos and videos. She didn't seem all that clingy this time round she did giggle though, she's definitely no classy Kate but hey neither are you or I probably.

Old 01-09-2018, 05:30 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,073,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pueblofuerte View Post
I didn't I was at work but mum did get a couple of photos and videos. She didn't seem all that clingy this time round she did giggle though, she's definitely no classy Kate but hey neither are you or I probably.
Well I definitely don't have access to Kate's wardrobe budget, nor do I need it, but I am a lot more stable
than MM!

Old 01-10-2018, 01:35 AM

14,735 posts, read 15,048,498 times
Quote:
Well I definitely don't have access to Kate's wardrobe budget, nor do I need it, but I am a lot more stable
than MM!

It seems like you really detest Meghan because she's not meeting with your standards. I think you should send her a gentle letter with a list of all of your suggestions and tips for what you think would be the correct protocol and behavior that will be expected from her in her new station in life. Meghan is being plunged into the deep end of the pool and hasn't had all the same benefits of protocol training that Diana and Catherine both had before they married their respective princes.

Diana was a shy, downcast, timorous, emotionally unstable mouse of a girl who was sent to live in residence with the Queen Mother for several months before she married Charles, so that the Queen Mother and her ladies could train Diana up to her duties and teach her proper protocol and demeanour. It still took Diana several years before she blossomed into a regal woman in her own right despite her disastrous marriage to Charles.

Catherine had the huge benefit of co-habiting in residence with William for a few years before they got married. Them living together like a married couple for several years was plenty of time for Catherine to be trained up in what would be expected of her. She knew exactly what she'd be getting herself into and she's carrying it off with admirable aplomb.

And to top it off, neither one of those two girls had to deal with the many sniping, criticizing, sniveling, complaining, spiteful, disapproving ill wishers that Meghan is having to deal with.

But who is providing Meghan with the crash course that she needs in correct behaviour and presentation that will be expected of the bride of Harry and the grand daughter-in-law of the Queen? Certainly it's not Harry or the Queen Mother training her in how to present herself (the Queen Mother is dead now anyway, God bless her dear sweet soul). Meghan only has less than 5 months now before they marry and she has an awful lot to learn. She needs some well meant help.

Perhaps you can do a better job of instructing her in how it must be done right rather than whoever else is trying to help bear her up now while she's thrashing around in that deep royal pool she just got thrown into where she must sink or swim.

Old 01-10-2018, 04:22 AM

2,587 posts, read 1,596,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
It seems like you really detest Meghan because she's not meeting with your standards. I think you should send her a gentle letter with a list of all of your suggestions and tips for what you think would be the correct protocol and behavior that will be expected from her in her new station in life.
Perhaps you can do a better job of instructing her in how it must be done right rather than whoever else is trying to help bear her up now while she's thrashing around in that deep royal pool she just got thrown into where she must sink or swim.
With the best will in the world, I don’t think that Meghan just got thrown into the royal pool, I think that she took a very long run up, calculated the pros and cons, and dived, (or dove as Americans say, and puzzle us Brits), right in.
Aside from when I drove a London taxi, and you could guarantee picking up some American vacationers outside the Palace after the changing of the guard, so I loved ‘em, I’m ambivalent about the royals, I wish them no harm, but I don’t “get” the crowds who hang around the palace gates, hoping for a glimpse of someone royal.
Even less did I understand what possessed crowds to block the road outside Kensington Palace when Diana died, wailing and weeping in a group stupor, their tears flooding the gutters.
Good luck to Harry and Meghan, may they live happily ever after, but I won’t be glued to the TV when they get married.

Old 01-10-2018, 10:56 AM

3,124 posts, read 2,070,918 times
Harry's marriage to a biracial American has the potential to make them a more popular couple than W&K. It's already shaping up that way --- a real kick in the guts to W&K to be upstaged by someone that far down the line. This could fuel sibling rivalry and the corresponding competition for attention and jealousy. It will be interesting to see how this develops.

Old 01-10-2018, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySagacious View Post
Harry's marriage to a biracial American has the potential to make them a more popular couple than W&K. It's already shaping up that way --- a real kick in the guts to W&K to be upstaged by someone that far down the line. This could fuel sibling rivalry and the corresponding competition for attention and jealousy. It will be interesting to see how this develops.
More exciting in the beginning, perhaps. It reminds me of Andrew and Fergie, and look how that turned out.

Harry has always been popular, but Meghan is not going over well. Read the comments in the U.K. papers. Moreover, this marriage has a slim chance of lasting. Ten years, tops.

Old 01-10-2018, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
It seems like you really detest Meghan because she's not meeting with your standards. I think you should send her a gentle letter with a list of all of your suggestions and tips for what you think would be the correct protocol and behavior that will be expected from her in her new station in life. Meghan is being plunged into the deep end of the pool and hasn't had all the same benefits of protocol training that Diana and Catherine both had before they married their respective princes.

Diana was a shy, downcast, timorous, emotionally unstable mouse of a girl who was sent to live in residence with the Queen Mother for several months before she married Charles, so that the Queen Mother and her ladies could train Diana up to her duties and teach her proper protocol and demeanour. It still took Diana several years before she blossomed into a regal woman in her own right despite her disastrous marriage to Charles.

Catherine had the huge benefit of co-habiting in residence with William for a few years before they got married. Them living together like a married couple for several years was plenty of time for Catherine to be trained up in what would be expected of her. She knew exactly what she'd be getting herself into and she's carrying it off with admirable aplomb.

And to top it off, neither one of those two girls had to deal with the many sniping, criticizing, sniveling, complaining, spiteful, disapproving ill wishers that Meghan is having to deal with.

But who is providing Meghan with the crash course that she needs in correct behaviour and presentation that will be expected of the bride of Harry and the grand daughter-in-law of the Queen? Certainly it's not Harry or the Queen Mother training her in how to present herself (the Queen Mother is dead now anyway, God bless her dear sweet soul). Meghan only has less than 5 months now before they marry and she has an awful lot to learn. She needs some well meant help.

I'm not quite sure if you are serious.

In any case, I don't "detest" Meghan. That is too strong of a word. Perhaps I should not chime in any longer.

Meghan gets on my nerves, but it isn't because she isn't up to my "standards". I think she is fake and using Harry. He is clearly besotted with her. However she doesn't seem genuine. It's just an instinct, since I don't of course know her. Unfortunately, her background only throws up more red flags....and that isn't being judgmental; it's just the way of things.

Old 01-10-2018, 12:31 PM

18,529 posts, read 18,757,013 times
Quote:
More exciting in the beginning, perhaps. It reminds me of Andrew and Fergie, and look how that turned out.

Harry has always been popular, but Meghan is not going over well. Read the comments in the U.K. papers. Moreover, this marriage has a slim chance of lasting. Ten years, tops.
Oh god they need you for the new....Nostradamus... they really do.. the wise seer of the 21st century... tell me how you see them as the next Andrew and Fergie.. they are nothing like that couple at all..

Old 01-10-2018, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Oh god they need you for the new....Nostradamus... they really do.. the wise seer of the 21st century... tell me how you see them as the next Andrew and Fergie.. they are nothing like that couple at all..
You can leave out the snark, thanks. You sound like you're 12. It's simple. Harry's parents divorced. Meghan's parents divorced. Moreover, Meghan herself is already once divorced and was living with someone else. That puts their odds of a successful marriage quite low.

As far as Andrew and Fergie, when Fergie first appeared on the scene, it was the same kind of comments. Oh she's so unfussy and down to earth and relaxed compared to Diana, the same way it is being said of Meghan vs. Kate. It did not take long for the press and public to turn on them when they realized they were big spenders who did not actually want to do much work, and that "unfussy and down to earth and relaxed" actually meant tacky, common, and classless.

Old 01-10-2018, 02:05 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,069,811 times
Quote:
I am not the one who called MM "vulgar", but I would say:

--she wore a see through garment in her engagement photos...
a frightfully bizarre post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom