Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2018, 08:25 AM

5,606 posts, read 3,513,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerohedge View Post
It won't last
I agree.
She's a space cadet with a trailer park full of wacko relatives back home.
Harry is probably filling his boots in the boudoir but he'll soon tire of the buckwheat smoothies and Pilates regime she has him on.
I'll give it 5 years.
Tops.

Old 05-08-2018, 10:03 AM

26,655 posts, read 28,697,006 times
Quote:
Really? She has a terrible reputation.
What is her reputation? I've read she comes from a broken family and the father is kind of whacko. She was on some tv show that I never heard of. They have the broken family part in common so that might help and they are both interested in helping people. She has been a help to him. Although, maybe he only really needed her help for a little while and once he is over it all, he won't be so needy anymore.

He does have a rowdy past. But what about her.

Old 05-08-2018, 10:43 AM

14,735 posts, read 15,048,498 times
Quote:

I think any terrible reputation that's been attributed to her is mostly fictitious stuff that has been piled on her shoulders by other people (it started with her jealous dysfunctional American family and one ex-friend, of course, what else is new?) who bear malice against her and want to believe that she's an awful person because she's successful. Then they spread it around to the media and voila, it gets around the world.

It doesn't matter though because other more sensible people don't believe all the nonsense. The reputation is fictitious and exists only for the gullible or mean spirited people who want to believe it. What the silly people like that think is irrelevant because the Queen has given her approval of Markle and that's all that counts. The Queen has the final word and she wouldn't have passed approval on Markle if any of that garbage gossip had a shred of truth to it.

I've noticed that it's still mostly Americans that have been ragging on her. Nobody else seems to be paying attention to the mean spirited gossip.

Old 05-08-2018, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
I think any terrible reputation that's been attributed to her is mostly fictitious stuff that has been piled on her shoulders by other people (it started with her jealous dysfunctional American family and one ex-friend, of course, what else is new?) who bear malice against her and want to believe that she's an awful person because she's successful. Then they spread it around to the media and voila, it gets around the world.

It doesn't matter though because other more sensible people don't believe all the nonsense. The reputation is fictitious and exists only for the gullible or mean spirited people who want to believe it. What the silly people like that think is irrelevant because the Queen has given her approval of Markle and that's all that counts. The Queen has the final word and she wouldn't have passed approval on Markle if any of that garbage gossip had a shred of truth to it.

I've noticed that it's still mostly Americans that have been ragging on her. Nobody else seems to be paying attention to the mean spirited gossip.

I like your explanation. I've never heard or read anything negative about her except that trash that comes from her jealous sister. I do hope that they truly have enough in common to enable them to stay together for a long and happy marriage. Both of them seem like genuinely nice people.

Old 05-08-2018, 12:17 PM

18,529 posts, read 18,761,435 times
Quote:
shes 35, and not been in a convent or nunnery as far as I know.. give me a break.. or has she murdered someone that IM not privvy to.....haha.

Old 05-08-2018, 01:32 PM

So...I think I'm nearly caught up on Meghan's dysfunctional family now. Her dad largely ignored the two older siblings (who are now extremely bitter). Those two were by the first wife. He and Meghan's dad were divorced but they shared custody of Meghan (to his credit--and he kept in contact with her.)

To be fair, he didn't have much money when the two older siblings were young. But he did send Meghan to the best schools and apparently favored her over the older two.

The older brother seems to be a drunk and has been arrested for assaulting his wife. He has gone bankrupt at least once. The sister is off again/on again when it benefits her, mainly for money probably, and doesn't come across as a very nice person.

The father exists down in Mexico where the living is cheap. One article says he is overweight, a heavy smoker and lives on junk food. He has gone bankrupt at least once. But he did win the lottery! The lottery is what enabled him to give Meghan so much. He seems to have been a really good person until his life took a turn for the worse. He helped Meghan to cope with being bi-racial and took her to lessons to dance, and so on.

Her mother is a social worker who also declared bankruptcy. (Seems to run in the family.) But the mother is close to Meghan and, to be a social worker, you would need to have some form of decency and caring.

The extended family of aunts and uncles seems to be riddled with divorce and bankruptcy too. What a dysfunctional family!

Both the mother and father will attend the wedding. Father will walk her down the aisle. (I wish they could get him over there sooner and "work" on him to clean him up and make sure he doesn't make a fool of himself.)

Seems that's what Harry and Meghan have in common: dysfunctional families. Q--what kind of parents will they be? Although in this case, that will probably not be an issue due to nannies and others who will make sure any kids are cared for properly. But both come from extremely messed up homes where the parents didn't get along (to put it mildly.)

My take on it is that both have been hurt by their parents' divorces and both have found ways to cope and heal. However--Harry, at least, has a wild side. How about nude photos of him in Las Vegas? Will he be able to settle down? Meghan has already been married once although I don't know anything about that marriage. Will she settle down? Or will she miss the freedom and glamour and the ability to speak out and be herself?

Oh--and Fergie isn't invited to the smaller reception, only the wedding and the large reception. Prince Philip despises her and apparently Prince Charles does too. Only about ten more days until the wedding--Dizzy, I will be glued to the tv that day, assuming it is broadcast over here.

Old 05-09-2018, 04:29 AM

18,529 posts, read 18,761,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
So...I think I'm nearly caught up on Meghan's dysfunctional family now. Her dad largely ignored the two older siblings (who are now extremely bitter). Those two were by the first wife. He and Meghan's dad were divorced but they shared custody of Meghan (to his credit--and he kept in contact with her.)

To be fair, he didn't have much money when the two older siblings were young. But he did send Meghan to the best schools and apparently favored her over the older two.

The older brother seems to be a drunk and has been arrested for assaulting his wife. He has gone bankrupt at least once. The sister is off again/on again when it benefits her, mainly for money probably, and doesn't come across as a very nice person.

The father exists down in Mexico where the living is cheap. One article says he is overweight, a heavy smoker and lives on junk food. He has gone bankrupt at least once. But he did win the lottery! The lottery is what enabled him to give Meghan so much. He seems to have been a really good person until his life took a turn for the worse. He helped Meghan to cope with being bi-racial and took her to lessons to dance, and so on.

Her mother is a social worker who also declared bankruptcy. (Seems to run in the family.) But the mother is close to Meghan and, to be a social worker, you would need to have some form of decency and caring.

The extended family of aunts and uncles seems to be riddled with divorce and bankruptcy too. What a dysfunctional family!

Both the mother and father will attend the wedding. Father will walk her down the aisle. (I wish they could get him over there sooner and "work" on him to clean him up and make sure he doesn't make a fool of himself.)

Seems that's what Harry and Meghan have in common: dysfunctional families. Q--what kind of parents will they be? Although in this case, that will probably not be an issue due to nannies and others who will make sure any kids are cared for properly. But both come from extremely messed up homes where the parents didn't get along (to put it mildly.)

My take on it is that both have been hurt by their parents' divorces and both have found ways to cope and heal. However--Harry, at least, has a wild side. How about nude photos of him in Las Vegas? Will he be able to settle down? Meghan has already been married once although I don't know anything about that marriage. Will she settle down? Or will she miss the freedom and glamour and the ability to speak out and be herself?

Oh--and Fergie isn't invited to the smaller reception, only the wedding and the large reception. Prince Philip despises her and apparently Prince Charles does too. Only about ten more days until the wedding--Dizzy, I will be glued to the tv that day, assuming it is broadcast over here.
Ill be thinking of you too as I watch the whole wedding take place , wouldnt miss it for the world... so Fergie will be at the actual wedding well thats a start as her and Andrew still live in the same house...

Old 05-09-2018, 02:39 PM

5,126 posts, read 7,412,423 times
I just had to . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxWeWbrzqA8

Old 05-09-2018, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
Ha! Being married to a Brit I've run into a little bit of those language issues. Thank goodness my family was English so I already knew some of it--mostly our problems used to be things like him telling me to get a kitchen towel--and I would get a kitchen towel. But he wanted a PAPER towel. I know about bog rolls and feeling knackered. And I already knew about popping your clogs and codswallop. Didn't know about snogging though.

That's the biggest problem: the vocabulary. People think they can't understand the accent but I tell them it's not the accent, it's the actual words. It works better when I'm there to translate the words for him.

BTW, we DO know how to say fish and chips. So that video is WRONG about that. We say fish and CHIPS. Just the way you do. I've never heard anyone say FISH and chips the way she did in the video. How insulting to us, lol. Actually I think the real Meghan will have learned to speak by now--it doesn't take very long when you're with the person a lot. You start speaking a form of pidgin English when you're together, your own made up hodge podge of a language.

Thanks for the video. Any more out there?

Old 05-09-2018, 10:20 PM

5,126 posts, read 7,412,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post

BTW, we DO know how to say fish and chips. So that video is WRONG about that. We say fish and CHIPS. Just the way you do. I've never heard anyone say FISH and chips the way she did in the video.
Yeah, I also don't know any Americans who say "Fish and Chips" that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom