Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2019, 03:46 AM

7,489 posts, read 4,957,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolgato View Post
I heard they were out and about there jogging and doing things everyone else does. I wonder if they didn't need a security detail to protect them and they could freely enjoy themselves. Vancouver Island is very beautiful, I have never been there but always planned to visit sometime in the future. I suppose I should get on it as I am getting older.
The couple has security and were turned away from one resort because of security demands.

Judging by the photo, a down filled Winter coat is more about making a fashion statement than cold weather.
"The couple were spotted at the Deep Cove Chalet, a restaurant in North Saanich on Vancouver Island, according to the Vancouver Sun. Bev Koffell, one of the owners, said she and her husband Pierre had seen Harry and Meghan there and had a meeting with the duke and duchess’ security guards. She also told the publication the pair have gone hiking several times in Horth Hill Regional Park, also on Vancouver Island.
https://ca.hellomagazine.com/royalty...ncouver-island

Old 12-27-2019, 04:27 AM

3,602 posts, read 2,309,895 times
The oldest grandson of the Queen, Peter Phillips, is married to a Canadian. Why do we not get the obsessive interest in them that we see surrounding Megan?

Old 12-27-2019, 06:17 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,959,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarisaMay View Post
The oldest grandson of the Queen, Peter Phillips, is married to a Canadian. Why do we not get the obsessive interest in them that we see surrounding Megan?
Well, anything Harry has done has always gotten a lot more attention than anything Phillips has done. Harry and William grew up in a very public spot light. This is a continuation of that in my opinion.

Old 12-27-2019, 10:57 AM

8,495 posts, read 4,163,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
The couple has security and were turned away from one resort because of security demands.

Judging by the photo, a down filled Winter coat is more about making a fashion statement than cold weather.
"The couple were spotted at the Deep Cove Chalet, a restaurant in North Saanich on Vancouver Island, according to the Vancouver Sun. Bev Koffell, one of the owners, said she and her husband Pierre had seen Harry and Meghan there and had a meeting with the duke and duchess’ security guards. She also told the publication the pair have gone hiking several times in Horth Hill Regional Park, also on Vancouver Island.
They do travel with security, then - I was thinking they blew care to the wind and was going around without any security. Prince Harry was looking comfortable and casual in only a dress shirt, so it must not have been too chilly, or maybe she is sensitive to cold. The British winters are very chilly, maybe that is another reason that they are spending so much time away. I thought the Christmas picture was cute though - very casual and having them in the background and the baby crawling up to the camera.

I thought William and Kate were going to make a big announcement and there was nothing. I thought Kate was pregnant again.

Old 12-27-2019, 12:03 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,048,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post

They did NOT get turned away from any resort. They were turned down from booking a reservation for a dinner at a RESTAURANT because the restaurant owners felt they could not provide the security that the royals' security team was asking about.

Old 12-27-2019, 01:17 PM

5,606 posts, read 3,513,412 times
I'm sure I spent some time off my nuts on mescalin on Vancouver Island about three decades ago.
If may have been around the time I was picking tobacco in Ontario.
Much of my three month spell in Canada is a blur because of the fun I was having but I remember Canadians being friendly people if a little dull.
I'm sure Team Harry and Meghan will feel right at home.

Old 12-27-2019, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Well, anything Harry has done has always gotten a lot more attention than anything Phillips has done. Harry and William grew up in a very public spot light. This is a continuation of that in my opinion.
True, but I also think they invite the spotlight.
It all bemuses me as I could not care less what they all get up to.

Old 12-27-2019, 07:00 PM

668 posts, read 471,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasie123 View Post
From the beginning, the way they feel about her has not changed, and will not change, EVER.....

First, she is AMERICAN, an ACTRESS, and half-BLACK..... And NOT what the MONARCHY wanted for Harry..... :

kind of like how the MONARCHY did not want Diana for Charles...

same old, same old.....

Old 12-27-2019, 07:18 PM

3,354 posts, read 1,185,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marehoodlum View Post
kind of like how the MONARCHY did not want Diana for Charles...

same old, same old.....

I know absolutely nothing about these people and don't care much beyond the fact that we now have plenty of proof that a strong racial divide exists, has always existed, and will always exist. Otherwise, I don't know how Brits feel, but I say by the end of this (admit it, most of us are anticipating a nasty divorce followed by Harry's reunion with the SA girl) more people will understand why relationships between black women and white men don't happen that much, and rarely does it work out for the better, if it works out at all in the long run. At least race wasn't an issue with Charles and Diana which would have only complicated the situation further. Then again, suppose it's good for the world to see after all why some things might sound nice in print or the movies but not good at all in reality.

Old 12-27-2019, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aileesic View Post
I know absolutely nothing about these people and don't care much beyond the fact that we now have plenty of proof that a strong racial divide exists, has always existed, and will always exist. Otherwise, I don't know how Brits feel, but I say by the end of this (admit it, most of us are anticipating a nasty divorce followed by Harry's reunion with the SA girl) more people will understand why relationships between black women and white men don't happen that much, and rarely does it work out for the better, if it works out at all in the long run. At least race wasn't an issue with Charles and Diana which would have only complicated the situation further. Then again, suppose it's good for the world to see after all why some things might sound nice in print or the movies but not good at all in reality.
I would not think of it as being a racial divide but a class and cultural divide. Being upper class in the U.K. has little to do with wealth and a lot to do with behaviour. Catherine comes from a middle-class English background but obviously has had enough cultural background to bridge the gap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom