Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2019, 08:57 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,477,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjhowie View Post
By politics boy. May I remind which religion creates the most problems and socially and that same lot use our traditional democracy as a door for their stuff. Their own home places do not favour democracy and their religion must rule. Our future will have problems though.

I see the shariah in your future. THis is why I like secularism
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2019, 05:48 PM

1,139 posts, read 465,354 times
Oh, I think that well into the future as our GB population continues to mount and estimates great on this islan we will have a big, big proble due to the larger families in certain groupings.

Old 03-04-2019, 12:41 AM

19 posts, read 9,516 times
Quote:
Boy or boy you missed the more casualness of we Scots Presbyterians!
Aye lucky her

Old 03-04-2019, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Have often wondered why if someone marries a Catholic they either turn their coat or not but the children is another matter, what Ive never understood is when say a woman marries a Catholic and becomes one of them its the whole hog.. but if a woman marries a Protestant its not the same big deal ..not seen the same way...She just as a born Catholic leaves her faith she doesnt become the Protestant faith.. can someone clarify this for me..
Turn your coat?

Old 03-04-2019, 01:38 AM

18,529 posts, read 18,748,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mons Meg View Post
Turn your coat?
change religion..or change allegiance... From the practice of turning one's uniform coat inside out in order to hide the colors reflecting one's allegiance.

Last edited by dizzybint; 03-04-2019 at 01:57 AM..

Old 03-04-2019, 10:16 AM

Quote:
change religion..or change allegiance... From the practice of turning one's uniform coat inside out in order to hide the colors reflecting one's allegiance.
Thanks dizzybint, i thought i entered a time tunnel and been thrown back 60 years. Strange strange thing to say in 2019.

Old 03-04-2019, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Political correctness can blah all it wants but I do not go along with it. My late father fought in WW2 to ensure this would not become a dictatorship and I am certainly not going to dash well give in. I have little time for PC stuff and do not agree with the pushing of homo stuff re a very small minority corner. Do not hate them but like political parties expect the right not to agree or even dislike some areas. Just outright hating is a fast but not very practical stance. Same applies to religion and I am no fan of Islam and not denying it but hating is not a mature way of disagreeing!
Most people father’s of a certain age fought in WW2 except for those fathers that spent WW2 doing double time down the shipyards.
And not to mention conscription which seemed to bypass good old loyal Belfast for some reason in two world wars.

Old 03-04-2019, 10:18 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,477,629 times
Quote:

this is why I advocate bringing back Celtic paganism without the human sacrifice and white supremacy

everyone compromises

Old 03-05-2019, 01:02 AM

18,529 posts, read 18,748,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mons Meg View Post
Thanks dizzybint, i thought i entered a time tunnel and been thrown back 60 years. Strange strange thing to say in 2019.
You think............well IM older and used to old terms more...

Old 03-07-2019, 12:27 AM

81 posts, read 100,330 times
Somehow in the last 3 weeks while I wasn't checking this discussion thread drifted way off topic and it seemed no one answered my original question about Protestant-Catholic intermarriage in Northern Ireland. By the way, I am a practicing Presbyterian Christian (in the USA) in Seminary with a Baptist-raised mother converted to Catholicism and a Syrian Muslim father, so please no Anti-Christian, Anti-Catholic, or Islamophobic posts. Happy Ash Wednesday and Lent!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom