Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2019, 08:49 PM

2,416 posts, read 2,024,118 times

Advertisements

Isn't this largely a class thing ... the higher up the social ladder, the less important familial religious affiliations become?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2019, 09:03 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,480,492 times
I think the next generation won't care as much. Xtianity is dead.

Old 02-26-2019, 10:13 AM

18,528 posts, read 18,757,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
I think the next generation won't care as much. Xtianity is dead.
It was the same here in Scotland.. churches being demolished as no one attending.. but now we have Polish immigrants. seems it s increasing for Catholic churches which is a surprise as I thought they were leaving in droves..
A lot of immigrants have come into Scotland in the last 10-15 years and the Catholic Church has reached out to them, putting on Polish Masses and so on,” he said. “That’s especially apparent in Aberdeen, where the Catholic population went up in the last five years – the only place in Scotland that happened – largely because of the incoming Polish population.”

Old 02-26-2019, 02:42 PM

1,139 posts, read 465,496 times
Even allowing for those Poles the RC is not going to be broadly booking whatsoever. They have lost chapels in this city and when I was walking the streets doing my tramway sim build surveying came across a kind of 60's modern syle one that was really big but shut. The RC corner is right now trying to make some kind of resilience in their "community" but will not get very far and in the former working class strength (long gone) those from that part are more into Celtic FC than the places of worship. Religion across Europe on the Christian side is being rolled back but not Islam of course due to them flocking in.

The one place that it is zooming is in the Russian Federation where three churches a day via the Orthodox being opened and of course cathedrals. Clergy numbers zooming up and unlikeRome they have married priests and encourage families! Reading and RC Church newspaper highlighted their strain too hence their campaign to try and get the lost legions back.

Old 02-26-2019, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjhowie View Post
Even allowing for those Poles the RC is not going to be broadly booking whatsoever. They have lost chapels in this city and when I was walking the streets doing my tramway sim build surveying came across a kind of 60's modern syle one that was really big but shut. The RC corner is right now trying to make some kind of resilience in their "community" but will not get very far and in the former working class strength (long gone) those from that part are more into Celtic FC than the places of worship. Religion across Europe on the Christian side is being rolled back but not Islam of course due to them flocking in.

The one place that it is zooming is in the Russian Federation where three churches a day via the Orthodox being opened and of course cathedrals. Clergy numbers zooming up and unlikeRome they have married priests and encourage families! Reading and RC Church newspaper highlighted their strain too hence their campaign to try and get the lost legions back.

Just show that Islam hates homosexuals and feminists and you can ban it. You can always bring back celtic paganism with the human sacrifice and the white supremency

As for the russian christianity, I believe its government sponsored.

Old 02-27-2019, 05:44 PM

Banning Islam here would be dashed difficult due to the growing numbers here and big families that we no doubt help to pay for! Personally as it happens I have myself little time for homosexual stuff and all that goes with it but it is rather brain controlling to automatically indicate that means hate.

As for Russia the government there has no control over the Orthodox Church actually even though strong support for it and Putin 100% in that corner. That church detracts from homo encouragement but there are ***** clubs in the country. Putin's father was a Communist (bad tradition that lot) but his mother attended the local Orthodox church. He was taken by her to on birth to be baptised in it and when her husband died had a church funeral.

Old 02-27-2019, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Banning Islam here would be dashed difficult due to the growing numbers here and big families that we no doubt help to pay for! Personally as it happens I have myself little time for homosexual stuff and all that goes with it but it is rather brain controlling to automatically indicate that means hate.

As for Russia the government there has no control over the Orthodox Church actually even though strong support for it and Putin 100% in that corner. That church detracts from homo encouragement but there are ***** clubs in the country. Putin's father was a Communist (bad tradition that lot) but his mother attended the local Orthodox church. He was taken by her to on birth to be baptised in it and when her husband died had a church funeral.

in the age political correctness, you got to do what got to do.

Old 03-01-2019, 03:20 PM

Political correctness can blah all it wants but I do not go along with it. My late father fought in WW2 to ensure this would not become a dictatorship and I am certainly not going to dash well give in. I have little time for PC stuff and do not agree with the pushing of homo stuff re a very small minority corner. Do not hate them but like political parties expect the right not to agree or even dislike some areas. Just outright hating is a fast but not very practical stance. Same applies to religion and I am no fan of Islam and not denying it but hating is not a mature way of disagreeing!

Old 03-01-2019, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Political correctness can blah all it wants but I do not go along with it. My late father fought in WW2 to ensure this would not become a dictatorship and I am certainly not going to dash well give in. I have little time for PC stuff and do not agree with the pushing of homo stuff re a very small minority corner. Do not hate them but like political parties expect the right not to agree or even dislike some areas. Just outright hating is a fast but not very practical stance. Same applies to religion and I am no fan of Islam and not denying it but hating is not a mature way of disagreeing!

how are you going to fight if you got no guns or money?

become a soccer hooligan?

Old 03-02-2019, 12:24 PM

By politics boy. May I remind which religion creates the most problems and socially and that same lot use our traditional democracy as a door for their stuff. Their own home places do not favour democracy and their religion must rule. Our future will have problems though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom