Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2019, 10:20 PM

6,066 posts, read 6,059,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjhowie View Post
A stand against the EU is one thing but mucking up the system in internal politics. Save me from Corbinistas.
Are you serious? Mucking up internal politics? Self interest and Tory politicking as long done that. Time to pass the baton. Only argument against Corbin is his lack of clarity over Europe.

Old 06-03-2019, 11:48 PM

8,278 posts, read 6,305,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the troubadour View Post
Are you serious? Mucking up internal politics? Self interest and Tory politicking as long done that. Time to pass the baton. Only argument against Corbin is his lack of clarity over Europe.
Really? That's the only argument you have against Corbyn?

Hey here's one other argument, do you want a PM who prefers to go on a protest in preference a state dinner with the US president and the Queen? Erm hello...?

You may dislike Donald Trump, but he is the President of the USA, adults can differentiate and respect a position but not the person in that position. Don't tell me that he has moral objections when he's met members of Hamas, Hezbollah and the IRA, hey Trump might be all that the media portrays him as, is that worse than members of Hamas, Hezbollah and the IRA?

That was yesterday's argument against Corbyn, today I'm sure he will provide another argument against him.

Old 06-04-2019, 12:07 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,473,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post

Hey here's one other argument, do you want a PM who prefers to go on a protest in preference a state dinner with the US president and the Queen? Erm hello...?

You may dislike Donald Trump, but he is the President of the USA, adults can differentiate and respect a position but not the person in that position. Don't tell me that he has moral objections when he's met members of Hamas, Hezbollah and the IRA, hey Trump might be all that the media portrays him as, is that worse than members of Hamas, Hezbollah and the IRA?

That was yesterday's argument against Corbyn, today I'm sure he will provide another argument against him.
Exactly. There isn't a terrorist organisation, that doesn't get a good word from Corbyn. The idea of such a man as PM fills me with anger.

I have no love for Donald Trump, but he is here as America's representative for the 75th anniversary of D-Day. 75 years ago, many thousands of soldiers were being prepared for the invasion of Europe on the 6th June.

Many of those brave men died on those French beaches. I would imagine many of these protesters, of which Corbyn is one, have given even a fleeting thought for this anniversary. Too busy screeching, and showing off their caring credentials. Just pathetic.

Trump will receive a very different reception in France, where the people will show some respect for the reasons for his visit.

Old 06-04-2019, 01:56 AM

Quote:

Yes I rather like a lot of what Corbyn stands for. A change in UK politics is a long time coming. His sitting on the fence over EU being one issue I am not impressed by as he should have come out with clarity on the matter.

Dislike Trump is being nice but I can leave that be ( its you lot stuck with him) but do wish he would leave his ignorant rhetoric at home instead of shooting of comments on his dislike of the London mayor, which is simply undignifying for a leader to which you call respect of position should be adhered to. How quaint. Not to mention his ignorant enter into preferred PM being that buffoon Boris. Or comments on how GB should threaten to not pay what would be owed on EU exist and to crash out. No doubt some American business interests stand to win out there, but little for British interests.

I think you'll find the government at the time done deals with the IRA before closed doors. Progress is often made in behind the scene dealings. I don't recall Corbyn meeting any controversial groups since he has been elevated into the role he now occupies. what he done as a younger man is hardly a concern. You might look closer to home with regards the dealings of your President.

Old 06-04-2019, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
Exactly. There isn't a terrorist organisation, that doesn't get a good word from Corbyn. The idea of such a man as PM fills me with anger.

I have no love for Donald Trump, but he is here as America's representative for the 75th anniversary of D-Day. 75 years ago, many thousands of soldiers were being prepared for the invasion of Europe on the 6th June.

Many of those brave men died on those French beaches. I would imagine many of these protesters, of which Corbyn is one, have given even a fleeting thought for this anniversary. Too busy screeching, and showing off their caring credentials. Just pathetic.

Trump will receive a very different reception in France, where the people will show some respect for the reasons for his visit.
So why didn't Trump keep to script, instead of entering into internal British politics? The French have their own issues at the moment protesting against government. Let Trump come over and start commenting on internal French politics and witness the reception he will get.

Those protesters are doing so as the world defeated fascism and it is their right to show displeasure . Not pathetic. Sadly Britain has become a very divided country, in danger of turning on itself. All things we never thought we would witness in modern times where ideologies are being played out to the determent of the nation. Very sad.

Old 06-04-2019, 02:08 AM

Quote:
Yes I rather like a lot of what Corbyn stands for. A change in UK politics is a long time coming. His sitting on the fence over EU being one issue I am not impressed by as he should have come out with clarity on the matter.

Dislike Trump is being nice but I can leave that be ( its you lot stuck with him) but do wish he would leave his ignorant rhetoric at home instead of shooting of comments on his dislike of the London mayor, which is simply undignifying for a leader to which you call respect of position should be adhered to. How quaint. Not to mention his ignorant enter into preferred PM being that buffoon Boris. Or comments on how GB should threaten to not pay what would be owed on EU exist and to crash out. No doubt some American business interests stand to win out there, but little for British interests.

I think you'll find the government at the time done deals with the IRA before closed doors. Progress is often made in behind the scene dealings. I don't recall Corbyn meeting any controversial groups since he has been elevated into the role he now occupies. what he done as a younger man is hardly a concern. You might look closer to home with regards the dealings of your President.
I'm a Brit sunshine.

There's a reason I'm UK Mod.

Old 06-04-2019, 02:11 AM

Quote:
I'm a Brit sunshine.

There's a reason I'm UK Mod.

Well sunshine may the sun keep shining on you.

Old 06-04-2019, 02:31 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,473,207 times
Quote:
So why didn't Trump keep to script, instead of entering into internal British politics? The French have their own issues at the moment protesting against government. Let Trump come over and start commenting on internal French politics and witness the reception he will get.

Those protesters are doing so as the world defeated fascism and it is their right to show displeasure . Not pathetic. Sadly Britain has become a very divided country, in danger of turning on itself. All things we never thought we would witness in modern times where ideologies are being played out to the determent of the nation. Very sad.
Donald and the London Mayor have been having a go at each other for quite a while. It's of little interest to me.

I don't know if Trump has any problems with the French. But if he did, and if someone has a go at him, he will respond.

The protesters here are the usual suspects. Professional againsters. Corbyn is their pin up boy. Stomping his little foot, refusing to meet with the American President, is childish, and typical of this idiot. I have a feeling Labour are in for the shock of their lives at the next General Election, and it won't be a good one. They are being seen through, and just in time.

Yes, we are a divided country, and it's been a long time coming. We have been looking for a leader, and we have one in Nigel Farage. Bring on a General Election.

Old 06-04-2019, 03:34 AM

5,606 posts, read 3,534,630 times
Quote:

Well there is the rather thorny issue of anti-Semitism.

Old 06-04-2019, 03:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
Well there is the rather thorny issue of anti-Semitism.
That's earlier than yesterday, but there's plenty if time today for Corbyn to open his mouth again to change feet.

I think Corbyns issue is he does not comprehend, spending 10 minutes to convince world leaders is worth 100,000 hours of mingling with unwashed protesters wandering the streets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom