Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2019, 12:26 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,452,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the troubadour View Post
Come now you are reading too much far right literature as to believe that stuff. The Fact is some people do integrate while others wear their political/religious /cultural hearts on their sleeve and are blinded/brainwashed/or with some agenda refuse to notice the fact.
In fact we rented out a house in Germany (large house with three self contained floors)for years to three families of Muslim Turks and it worked perfectly until it didn't due to some internal stuff.
I have lived in Muslim majority Malaysia for a few years and found the Muslim folk very hospitable indeed that being something of a Muslim tradition of honouring a guest. Same in a sort of way when visiting Jordon. Egypt, I would say being the less so and far more of a bothering sort of place.
I recall very well how the Bangla in the day were discriminated against down Brick Lane and environs. How far right skinheads would target the area and attempt to further disharmony in the area. That changed when the younger generation adapted London customs and learnt to fight back. Yes I have witnessed some reverse discrimination as well but that could be signs of integrating, so no doubt you'll be glad to read that.
Islamophobia has come about due to a few reasons, but the growth of some far right Muslim baiting/hating web sites play a big part.
You may care to ask yourself why wasn't all this Islamophobia around when you were younger? Hardly got a mention and the far right were focused on the Jewish populations or the Irish and others on the Red Menace. Direct intervention in matters political in that region of the world sparked it.
You could do worse that have a chat to a Muslim and get their take on the world. Treat sensationalist nonsense as just that and ask questions. Don't be led. I don't think you have really thought it through and have been influenced by tabloid media and Farage like sounding off.
I wish you well in your research.
Waaaaal, I guess we can continue talking slightly off topic, as we tend to do in the UK thread. I am as guilty of doing this, as anyone else here........ I do not read far right literature, and never have. I was not a skinhead in my youth, or anything like that. I spent time in the army in the 70s, and came across such folk. They existed for sure.

Muslims were not on my radar at all. I first saw them as a boy at school. I remember seeing them walking through the streets in small groups in my home town Oldham. Just men, no women. They tended to wear dark suits, with white shirts. I think I must have seen them as they were heading for work in the cotton mills of that time, which is about 1964.

In 1968, Enoch Powell made his speech, which really put the cat among the pigeons. Folks in certain parts of the country, marched supporting his views. Enoch, for his sins, was cast out of the Conservative party. The man was a genius. He spoke many languages, and his history is an interesting one. I won't go into it here.

That speech was the start of serious discussion on the beginnings of mass immigration into especially England, and the results of that. In Oldham, the Muslim population grew, and the men started to bring women from Pakistan, and they started families. They were concentrated in the Waterloo Street area of Oldham. They lived quiet lives, and bothered nobody.

I bought my first home in 1977, and moved to the Chadderton area of Oldham. It was a mainly white area, with some Muslims in housing nearby. They were of no concern to me. In about 1982, an Indian family moved in the house across the road from mine. Their young son and mine became friends. He would sit in my house, and talk. He told me his parents had bought the house opposite mine to get away from Muslims. He said they hated his family, and drove them out. I didn't know what he was talking about. I didn't have any idea of the bad feeling between Pakistani Muslims, and Indians. I knew nothing of their history of independence after the Second World War. This troubled me, knowing this nice family had literally been driven out of their home by Muslim hatred.

The years went by, and we moved to another area of Oldham, quite near the growing Muslim population of the Glodwick/Waterloo Street part of town. On the outer edge was a large park. I had played in that park as a boy. I had no worries about my two young children also walking there to play. One day, I came home from work, to see a police car outside my house. I went inside, and my children were sat there, very upset, and bruised. They had been attacked by Muslim boys in the park, and beaten up. The Muslim kids, who were much older than my children, had said, "keep out of our park." The policeman said, "I would advise you to not allow your children to visit the park. This is quite a common occurrence. It isn't safe for white children any more." I was just astonished. The policeman then left.

I realised great change was coming to Oldham, and it was very unsettling. Shortly after I sold the house, and moved to the outskirts of Oldham, near a school called Counthill. This school was the one I mentioned having Muslim kids bussed in because of overcrowding in their areas, and full schools. This is where I witnessed the separation of children at lunchtimes. The Muslim and white kids were in the same classes, but when they came outside the school at lunchtime, they didn't mix at all. I couldn't believe my eyes. I thought, "this is the future, and they want nothing to do with each other outside the classroom." I decided it was time to leave Oldham.

We left in 2000 to where I live today. The year after, in 2001, there was a massive riot in the Waterloo Street area of Oldham. The police came under attack from petrol bombs at the top of Waterloo Street, outside the church. The same church my boys went to Boys Brigade meetings, and yards from the park my sons had been beaten in. I watched on the television news in astonishment, as the Muslim youths threw the petrol bombs, and screamed abuse at the police.

Since then, we have had the efforts by Muslims in the middle east, to create a caliphate. ISIS grew to dominate a huge area in a short time. Young Muslims flocked to join in the mayhem, some from the UK. They ran riot, murdering anyone not Muslim, or not Muslim enough in their eyes. We all saw the result of Muslim fanaticism. Beheadings of infidels, and videos made showing their agony.

We see in Muslim dominated countries, regular blowing up of Christian churches, and slaughtering of non Muslims. This seems to happen pretty much everywhere Muslims become a large minority, or majority. The Muslim population of Europe continues to grow, here in especially England, and other countries like France and Germany.

I ask myself, what I see in Muslim dominated countries is not good for non Muslims. Why, as the Muslim population continues to grow here in England, would it be any different here? We have seen attacks in recent years like on Lee Rigby, Waterloo Bridge, and Manchester Arena. Fanatics you say? Yes, but there is much sympathy for their views among Muslims. Doesn't mean they would do anything similar, but they don't necessary condemn those that do. This is what we are dealing with in UK 2019. Thousands of Muslims being watched by the security forces. The white population have been trained to keep their mouths shut, and watch soap operas showing genial Muslims quite happy to have a Lesbian daughter. Anybody not liking them, is always shown as a hateful character, and of course always white. This is brainwashing, and I recognise it as such.

On top of all these problems, we have had an invasion from the EU of millions of European citizens this last 20 years or so. Yet more immigration, causing pressure on housing, social services, and the NHS. We are told it is all wonderful, diversity and multiculturalism in action. The ordinary white working class don't see it that way. This is why we had the growth of first UKIP, and now Nigel Farage's Brexit party. We got a vote, and we voted to leave the EU. The political elite refuse to obey our instruction. So we carry on the fight until they do. Nigel Farage is our leader in this fight. I know you don't like this. He isn't going anywhere this time, until we leave the EU, once and for all. The winds of change are blowing.

Last edited by English Dave; 06-28-2019 at 01:27 AM..

Old 06-28-2019, 01:50 AM

6,057 posts, read 6,006,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
Waaaaal, I guess we can continue talking slightly off topic, as we tend to do in the UK thread. I am as guilty of doing this, as anyone else here........ I do not read far right literature, and never have. I was not a skinhead in my youth, or anything like that. I spent time in the army in the 70s, and came across such folk. They existed for sure.

Muslims were not on my radar at all. I first saw them as a boy at school. I remember seeing them walking through the streets in small groups in my home town Oldham. Just men, no women. They tended to wear dark suits, with white shirts. I think I must have seen them as they were heading for work in the cotton mills of that time, which is about 1964.

In 1968, Enoch Powell made his speech, which really put the cat among the pigeons. Folks in certain parts of the country, marched supporting his views. Enoch, for his sins, was cast out of the Conservative party. The man was a genius. He spoke many languages, and his history is an interesting one. I won't go into it here.

That speech was the start of serious discussion on the beginnings of mass immigration into especially England, and the results of that. In Oldham, the Muslim population grew, and the men started to bring women from Pakistan, and they started families. They were concentrated in the Waterloo Street area of Oldham. They lived quiet lives, and bothered nobody.

I bought my first home in 1977, and moved to the Chadderton area of Oldham. It was a mainly white area, with some Muslims in housing nearby. They were of no concern to me. In about 1982, an Indian family moved in the house across the road from mine. Their young son and mine became friends. He would sit in my house, and talk. He told me his parents had bought the house opposite mine to get away from Muslims. He said they hated his family, and drove them out. I didn't know what he was talking about. I didn't have any idea of the bad feeling between Pakistani Muslims, and Indians. I knew nothing of their history of independence after the Second World War. This troubled me, knowing this nice family had literally been driven out of their home by Muslim hatred.

The years went by, and we moved to another area of Oldham, quite near the growing Muslim population of the Glodwick/Waterloo Street part of town. On the outer edge was a large park. I had played in that park as a boy. I had no worries about my two young children also walking there to play. One day, I came home from work, to see a police car outside my house. I went inside, and my children were sat there, very upset, and bruised. They had been attacked by Muslim boys in the park, and beaten up. The Muslim kids, who were much older than my children, had said, "keep out of our park." The policeman said, "I would advise you to not allow your children to visit the park. This is quite a common occurrence. It isn't safe for white children any more." I was just astonished. The policeman then left.

I realised great change was coming to Oldham, and it was very unsettling. Shortly after I sold the house, and moved to the outskirts of Oldham, near a school called Counthill. This school was the one I mentioned having Muslim kids bussed in because of overcrowding in their areas, and full schools. This is where I witnessed the separation of children at lunchtimes. The Muslim and white kids were in the same classes, but when they came outside the school at lunchtime, they didn't mix at all. I couldn't believe my eyes. I thought, "this is the future, and they want nothing to do with each other outside the classroom." I decided it was time to leave Oldham.

We left in 2000 to where I live today. The year after, in 2001, there was a massive riot in the Waterloo Street area of Oldham. The police came under attack from petrol bombs at the top of Waterloo Street, outside the church. The same church my boys went to Boys Brigade meetings, and yards from the park my sons had been beaten in. I watched on the television news in astonishment, as the Muslim youths threw the petrol bombs, and screamed abuse at the police.

Since then, we have had the efforts by Muslims in the middle east, to create a caliphate. ISIS grew to dominate a huge area in a short time. Young Muslims flocked to join in the mayhem, some from the UK. They ran riot, murdering anyone not Muslim, or not Muslim enough in their eyes. We all saw the result of Muslim fanaticism. Beheadings of infidels, and videos made showing their agony.

We see in Muslim dominated countries, regular blowing up of Christian churches, and slaughtering of non Muslims. This seems to happen pretty much everywhere Muslims become a large minority, or majority. The Muslim population of Europe continues to grow, here in especially England, and other countries like France and Germany.

I ask myself, what I see in Muslim dominated countries is not good for non Muslims. Why, as the Muslim population continues to grow here in England, would it be any different here? We have seen attacks in recent years like on Lee Rigby, Waterloo Bridge, and Manchester Arena. Fanatics you say? Yes, but there is much sympathy for their views among Muslims. Doesn't mean they would do anything similar, but they don't necessary condemn those that do. This is what we are dealing with in UK 2019. Thousands of Muslims being watched by the security forces. The white population have been trained to keep their mouths shut, and watch soap operas showing genial Muslims quite happy to have a Lesbian daughter. Anybody not liking them, is always shown as a hateful character, and of course always white. This is brainwashing, and I recognise it as such.

On top of all these problems, we have had an invasion from the EU of millions of European citizens this last 20 years or so. Yet more immigration, causing pressure on housing, social services, and the NHS. We are told it is all wonderful, diversity and multiculturalism in action. The ordinary white working class don't see it that way. This is why we had the growth of first UKIP, and now Nigel Farage's Brexit party. We got a vote, and we voted to leave the EU. The political elite refuse to obey our instruction. So we carry on the fight until they do. Nigel Farage is our leader in this fight. I know you don't like this. He isn't going anywhere this time, until we leave the EU, once and for all. The winds of change are blowing.
I've already mentioned Enoch Powel when Health Minister was actively involved in encouraging thousands of doctors and medical staff to come to Britain from the Indian Subcontinent. So much so that by 1970 some 31% of all workers in the NHS were born overseas. Shades of double standards there like Farage.
The ordinary white working class have long ceased to register with ruling government . If that is your concern you would be voting Colbyn who has in Parliament time and time brought up examples of people doing it tough. Just how is Farages take on NHS going to help the poor and working class in UK ? Besides making their wallets lighter or going into debt, if Farage gained power and sold out to his mate Trump to include NHS in any American trade deal.
I know multiculturalism in London. It is part of what makes it a great city, Diverse tolerant and interesting. Never been to Oldham and likely never will. But well aware of the 01 issues. I'd not be seeking to scapegoat one community over another in shouldering blame. The thing being instead of passing blame I'd suggest bridges need to be built and why love may not be found, at least living together with a degree of mutual respect could be sought out. Nothing wrong in being different. In fact rather boring living in a place where all are expected to pull the same stroke.

Old 06-28-2019, 02:06 AM

1,129 posts, read 472,048 times
Quote:

On top of all these problems, we have had an invasion from the EU of millions of European citizens this last 20 years or so. Yet more immigration, causing pressure on housing, social services, and the NHS. We are told it is all wonderful, diversity and multiculturalism in action. The ordinary white working class don't see it that way. This is why we had the growth of first UKIP, and now Nigel Farage's Brexit party. We got a vote, and we voted to leave the EU. The political elite refuse to obey our instruction. So we carry on the fight until they do. Nigelo Farage is our leader in this fight. I know you don't like this. He isn't going anywhere this time, until we leave the EU, once and for all. The winds of change are blowing.
I witnessed the same changes in Birmingham in the early 80's and still read things today like the protests outside of schools about the way children are taught in English schools that certain groups don't like.

Just this morning another school, Star Bank school in Small Heath, a stones throw from my old stomping grounds growing up, the teachers are on strike due to the out of control children where violence is a daily occurrence for not only children but teachers alike, its dreadful but honestly needs to be separated from Brexit.

The Irony of Brexit is, if Europeans are restricted from coming to the UK, people are still needed to do the jobs these people are already doing and they will just come from outside of Europe and will probably come a lot easier with family already in the UK to help them start out.

Be careful what you wish for, you could be out of the pan and into the fire

Old 06-28-2019, 02:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the troubadour View Post
I've already mentioned Enoch Powel when Health Minister was actively involved in encouraging thousands of doctors and medical staff to come to Britain from the Indian Subcontinent. So much so that by 1970 some 31% of all workers in the NHS were born overseas. Shades of double standards there like Farage.
The ordinary white working class have long ceased to register with ruling government . If that is your concern you would be voting Colbyn who has in Parliament time and time brought up examples of people doing it tough. Just how is Farages take on NHS going to help the poor and working class in UK ? Besides making their wallets lighter or going into debt, if Farage gained power and sold out to his mate Trump to include NHS in any American trade deal.
I know multiculturalism in London. It is part of what makes it a great city, Diverse tolerant and interesting. Never been to Oldham and likely never will. But well aware of the 01 issues. I'd not be seeking to scapegoat one community over another in shouldering blame. The thing being instead of passing blame I'd suggest bridges need to be built and why love may not be found, at least living together with a degree of mutual respect could be sought out. Nothing wrong in being different. In fact rather boring living in a place where all are expected to pull the same stroke.
Boy, you sure make me laugh....... 'The thing is instead of passing blame, I'd suggest bridges need to be built, and why love may not be found, at least living together with a degree of mutual respect could be sought out........' You could be Jeremy Corbyn talking!!

You know what would happen to me if I walked down Waterloo Street in Oldham? I wouldn't get to the other end in one piece. That's the truth of it. That is what has happened to my home town.

My female cousin thought like you. She bought a new house built on the edge of the Muslim area of Glodwick. She said, "if I treat them with respect, I'll get it back."

You know what happened to her, husband, and two young children? She was approached by Muslims offering to buy her house. She refused. One night when her family was in bed, bricks were thrown through her windows, and the door kicked in.

Muslims rushed in, and beat the four of them up. They somehow made it to their car, and left, never to return. They handed the house keys to the Building Society. The damaged house was then sold very cheaply to a Muslim family. You know what the Oldham Chronicle newspaper reported about this incident? Nothing. Nothing at all. But boy, any slights against Muslims makes front page news. Why would you think that is?

The left have ruled the roost long enough. Time to try something different.

Old 06-28-2019, 04:33 AM

5,214 posts, read 4,044,496 times
Has this thread unironically turned into a Muslim hate train? What happened to eastern europe...at this rate I should order my fake Israeli passport from the dark web and immigrate to Dublin, will see who hates who then goys.

Old 06-28-2019, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by britinspain View Post
I witnessed the same changes in Birmingham in the early 80's and still read things today like the protests outside of schools about the way children are taught in English schools that certain groups don't like.

Just this morning another school, Star Bank school in Small Heath, a stones throw from my old stomping grounds growing up, the teachers are on strike due to the out of control children where violence is a daily occurrence for not only children but teachers alike, its dreadful but honestly needs to be separated from Brexit.

The Irony of Brexit is, if Europeans are restricted from coming to the UK, people are still needed to do the jobs these people are already doing and they will just come from outside of Europe and will probably come a lot easier with family already in the UK to help them start out.

Be careful what you wish for, you could be out of the pan and into the fire
I've just seen your post britinspain. Sorry about the delay in replying. ASDA has a 25% off six bottles of wine deal on. Just got back with a dozen bottles of wine, some Spanish...... Some flowers for Judy as well. Her birthday is coming up.

I sat down here on my computer, and Judy said, "why do you bother David? Some of these people will never agree with you, or how you see things." Waaaaaal, a good rant in the morning, gets the blood flowing.... Plus there is nobody here who will ever get the better of me. When right is on your side, you are invincible. Do gooders do not frighten me.........

Yes, there has been great change in Birmingham, and further north of course this last 50 years. Totally unrecognisable from those days. I am not fooled by younger people who say it was this, it was that. I know exactly what it was like, because I lived through it.

I actually agree with the Muslim parents determined their children are not going to be put through this sexual education, brainwashing them about these so called LGBT issues. I had to go see exactly what these letters stand for. 'Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transsexual' huh? We had sex education when I was a kid. It started in the mid 60s I seem to remember. Only talked about boys and girls though, and we were teenagers.

I don't think it's right very small children should have this teaching. I know why it is being done though. The same reason soap operas have a street or village with gay men, gay women, those who like both, folks in wheelchairs, interracial marriages, Muslims with gay children, totally understanding, and in agreement. We all know the truth though don't we? Muslim Lesbian daughters will suffer at least abuse, and maybe honour killing for damaging the family name. Soap operas have an agenda, pushed by the people who write the scripts, encouraged especially by the BBC to show this idealistic dream world.

The government has promised to ensure EU citizens already here, will be allowed to stay. What more do you want? We're not throwing people out, although there are some who should be removed. Especially the drug gangs, the sexual traffickers, and the gangs of pickpockets infesting London especially.

Something drastic has to be done. We cannot allow a constantly growing population of hundreds of thousands a year. It has to be tackled somehow. I have mentioned before about fresh water worries coming down the line.We need to build affordable homes. Can't do this with foreigners constantly coming here. We need to reduce immigration drastically, ensuring those who do come, are needed. A points system has been mentioned by Boris Johnson. We need quality, not quantity.

Under EU rules there is much we're not allowed to do, like discriminating in favour of British citizens, especially in important things like public housing. The atmosphere is poisonous, and has been getting more so for decades now. Something has to give, or a civil war will be our reward down the line. Think it can't happen here? Think again.

Nigel Farage is the only politician with any chance of forcing the Tories to deal with issues concerning ordinary, especially English people. I'm not much interested in the Scots or the Irish. They don't seem bothered about us English either. Right now, the Scots seem distracted by massive drug addiction issues. I'm sure wee Jimmy has the answer - independence!!

Old 06-28-2019, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
Has this thread unironically turned into a Muslim hate train? What happened to eastern europe...at this rate I should order my fake Israeli passport from the dark web and immigrate to Dublin, will see who hates who then goys.
No hate for Muslims from me. Just the truth. Some don't like facing it. I don't dislike Eastern Europeans in the main, except the ones I mentioned above. The Polish people especially are good folks. This latest group to arrive aren't the first. Many came here after the war. They had the children I went to school with. 20 years after the war, their children were just like any other English kids.

My friends Walter and Ronald were children of Polish parents. I didn't even know their parents were foreign, until I went to their houses, and they spoke with their parents in Polish. I said to Walter, "your parents foreign Walter?" He just laughed and said yeah.......

Unlike the Muslims, they integrated successfully. The truth shouldn't frighten anybody. We need to face it, and stop living in a left wing fantasy.

Nigel Farage has arrived just in time to get folks facing reality. No good listening to Corbyn. He still thinks it's 1956.

Old 06-28-2019, 06:17 AM

391 posts, read 197,241 times
Please stop the nonsense!

Again, although I likely have different economic/social views than Troubadour, I agree with his/her analysis. I consider BoJo and Farage to be charlatans.

Some quick facts......

In terms of immigrants as a % of population the UK is neither a leader or laggard. It sits in the middle of the pack, which is kind of remarkable given the history of empire.
Even Ireland a traditionally emigrant society now has a higher % of foreign born than the UK, 17% v. 13%. The UK has 8M immigrants and 5M emigrants, a net, and barely noticeable 5% increase.

Here's an interactive historical comparison of immigrants by country 1990 to 2017. In % terms the number of immigrants to the UK has doubled between 1990 and 2017. So too for most other advanced countries. Albeit from a low base, Spain has increased six fold.

https://www.pewresearch.org/global/i...ts-by-country/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ant_population

Old 06-28-2019, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpikeMilligan's Alter Ego View Post
Please stop the nonsense!

Again, although I likely have different economic/social views than Troubadour, I agree with his/her analysis. I consider BoJo and Farage to be charlatans.

Some quick facts......

In terms of immigrants as a % of population the UK is neither a leader or laggard. It sits in the middle of the pack, which is kind of remarkable given the history of empire.
Even Ireland a traditionally emigrant society now has a higher % of foreign born than the UK, 17% v. 13%. The UK has 8M immigrants and 5M emigrants, a net, and barely noticeable 5% increase.

Here's an interactive historical comparison of immigrants by country 1990 to 2017. In % terms the number of immigrants to the UK has doubled between 1990 and 2017. So too for most other advanced countries. Albeit from a low base, Spain has increased six fold.
You know the population of the UK in 1960? It was just over 52 million. Now? Approaching 66 million. 14 million increase. Sure it increased with the baby boomers. This was coming to an end by 1960.

During the time from 1960, we also had large scale emigration to places like Australia. Yet, our population on these small islands has increased by almost 14 MILLION.

Folks like you remind me of the film, 'Invasion of the Body Snatchers.' I realise the cause of your opinions, comes from decades of left wing indoctrination. "Immigration.....gooood. Multiculturalism.....gooooood. Diversity.......goooood." All in the voice of Boris Karloff in the movie 'Bride of Frankenstein.'

Well, there is no pod under my bed. I know the truth, and have lived it, and seen it. You, and your kind, don't fool me. We have seen through you. Nigel Farage is going to ensure change comes to these islands. Hide in your safe room if it's too much for you to accept, or deal with.

The politicians are now growing to fear the public. They have opened Pandora's Box. Shame on them for trying to thwart the will of the people.

Old 06-28-2019, 07:29 AM

391 posts, read 197,241 times
Quote:
You know the population of the UK in 1960? It was just over 52 million. Now? Approaching 66 million. 14 million increase. Sure it increased with the baby boomers. This was coming to an end by 1960.

During the time from 1960, we also had large scale emigration to places like Australia. Yet, our population on these small islands has increased by almost 14 MILLION.

Folks like you remind me of the film, 'Invasion of the Body Snatchers.' I realise the cause of your opinions, comes from decades of left wing indoctrination. "Immigration.....gooood. Multiculturalism.....gooooood. Diversity.......goooood." All in the voice of Boris Karloff in the movie 'Bride of Frankenstein.'

Well, there is no pod under my bed. I know the truth, and have lived it, and seen it. You, and your kind, don't fool me. We have seen through you. Nigel Farage is going to ensure change comes to these islands. Hide in your safe room if it's too much for you to accept, or deal with.

The politicians are now growing to fear the public. They have opened Pandora's Box. Shame on them for trying to thwart the will of the people.
You just shot yourself in the foot. Between 1960 and 1990, the issue of UK population increase had a big fat zero to do with the EU. For that period you are complaining about immigrants from dark skinned ex empire countries..

The relevant EU dates are 1992 or 2004. Take your pick.

Wiki.

Quote:
History[edit]
The Treaty of Paris (1951)[4] establishing the European Coal and Steel Community established a right to free movement for workers in these industries and the Treaty of Rome (1957)[5] provided a right for the free movement of workers within the European Economic Community. The Directive 2004/38/EC on the right to move and reside freely assembles the different aspects of the right of movement in one document, replacing inter alia the directive 1968/360/EEC. It also clarifies procedural issues, and it strengthens the rights of family members of European citizens using the freedom of movement. According to the official site of the European Parliament, the explanation of the freedom of workers goes as follows:

Freedom of movement and residence for persons in the EU is the cornerstone of Union citizenship, which was established by the Treaty of Maastricht in 1992. Its practical implementation in EU law, however, has not been straightforward. It first involved the gradual phasing out, of internal borders under the Schengen agreements, initially in just a handful of Member States. Today, the provisions governing the free movement of persons are laid down in Directive 2004/38/EC on the right of EU citizens and their family members to move and reside freely within the territory of the Member States. However, the implementation of this directive continues to face many obstacles.[6]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom