Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 11:53 AM

2,975 posts, read 8,116,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieJJ View Post
LOL....HAHAHA...

25k and i bet you threw a party for that huh??

25k is peanutttttttsss. Considering the amount of hassle a would be professional gets from working in the nhs. I know this for sure because my wife worked under the nhs. She woke up and had a reality check when all her friends boasted about the much much better conditions they were working in, under an American system. Ohh and the money? starting salary for her was $80k a year that was 3 years ago and now she's earning double that!, with much better benefits and most importantly, miles better working conditions cuz everybody gets equal respect and proper recognition.
You wanna talk about diversity, hows about putting real top notch people whatever their color of skin in managerial and other heads of department in their right place rather than making sure it being a white person just for the fact that they are white!!..
You have overseas nurses coming into the infamous nhs working for peanuts, and will have to suck someones backside to get some slack. It'll take years and years until theres no one to chose but a lone non white to fill that position. Over here, you fit the bill and some, sir/mam, you got the job!! Thats not only diversity but respect.

Word gets round very fast, and trust me. When they find out through word of mouth of how much greener pasture it is on the other side, they jump ship in a heartbeat, believe me. A lot have done, cuz i recruited numerous amounts of them to come work over here and they luvvv it. They ask me, why didnt they know about it sooner.

Its funny how my wife would tell me about her place would have these english nurses coming to work here and how incompetent they are, they dont even know how to administer a drip without breaking a needle and not knowing how to get it into a blood vessel. Not experienced enough in reading an EKG when they boasted of how good they are. In the end they either get fired or simply leave. Not even funny anymore.

Now you seem to think my beef is against the Scots, when really i dont, i know their friendly bunch as ive said many other times. I do know the english has shoved you guys more than one can count with two hands, and its sad how you are still continually run by westminster!!

I've lived in england for 29 yrs, since i was 4yrs old. We would have relatives coming over from the USA and they asked us all the time, "Is that how you guys and non whites get treated". Only when i started to have a family of my own did i get a "wake up call", i didnt want my kids getting the same treatment nor do i want them deprived of the oppurtunities that my American cousins & friends was boasting to me over the years.

Over here, people of all colors, creed, religion really do take the time to know various people of all kind and the big difference is, mutual respect and recognition and it is not only encouraged but embraced in schools.
This is where i saw, NOT all whites were all the same, that they too can be respectful and have a genuine concern for other beings.
This was the only place where a white person can come upto me and call me "Sir" or my wife "Mam" those words ushered from people who are high up in terms rank and are far better off than we are. And thats flattering to say the least!!

For once in our lives, we feel like we belong somewhere other than our motherland and are a part of what they call the beacon of what it really means to be equal and feel like a real person. That would be good ole America. In all the years i lived in the uk, i never once felt that, always the outsider, the english did a good job in that!! For once i can say, This is my home, i belong here, people are generally nice and respectful. Ofcourse this is not utopia but sure beats uk in more ways than i can think of.
Ok firstly I am not rich i'm working hard to get a professional career. I dont see what is so funny about that.. My aunt is a nurse and makes over £40,000 in her department she is private though, and not NHS.

A few of my family members are in the health care profession but not all.

I know you've had a real bad experiance in England but you can't tar Scotland as being the same, i can asure you we're not. The NHS pay is also different here, work conditions, cost of living, quality of life it all differs. I love Scotland, the people, culture. Like i've mentioned before i have many friends of mixed races, not forgetting that half of my family are Italian, the were treated as equals by Scots like most foreigners even my fiance who is American.

But we're not the racist bigots that you think we are here in my country, you may have had a bad experience in England just because it happened there doesn't mean we're the same. I know that we're not i have many black friends that live in my village and you know what, they're in high powered jobs and good for them.

Every nurse that is trained in the UK must sit practical, oral and written exams so i cannot see how these people could not administer drips. That's impossible, the standard of education here is fabulous and i know many nurses here and they are of high spec so i dont know what that is all about.

Furthermore, i can bet not all of the US is as nice as you make it out to be, i've been to the south and experience first hand what some of those people are like towards African Americans and the like. You get good and bad people everywhere, the US is not the utopia that you preach it is trust me. Every country has its idiots, just some more than others.

Old 01-12-2009, 12:43 PM

715 posts, read 2,087,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotslass View Post
Ok firstly I am not rich i'm working hard to get a professional career. I dont see what is so funny about that.. My aunt is a nurse and makes over £40,000 in her department she is private though, and not NHS.

A few of my family members are in the health care profession but not all.

I know you've had a real bad experiance in England but you can't tar Scotland as being the same, i can asure you we're not. The NHS pay is also different here, work conditions, cost of living, quality of life it all differs. I love Scotland, the people, culture. Like i've mentioned before i have many friends of mixed races, not forgetting that half of my family are Italian, the were treated as equals by Scots like most foreigners even my fiance who is American.

But we're not the racist bigots that you think we are here in my country, you may have had a bad experience in England just because it happened there doesn't mean we're the same. I know that we're not i have many black friends that live in my village and you know what, they're in high powered jobs and good for them.

Every nurse that is trained in the UK must sit practical, oral and written exams so i cannot see how these people could not administer drips. That's impossible, the standard of education here is fabulous and i know many nurses here and they are of high spec so i dont know what that is all about.

Furthermore, i can bet not all of the US is as nice as you make it out to be, i've been to the south and experience first hand what some of those people are like towards African Americans and the like. You get good and bad people everywhere, the US is not the utopia that you preach it is trust me. Every country has its idiots, just some more than others.
Now where in my post did i say it was?? when in fact im saying "It is not" but it is far far better than it is in the uk??

And where and when in any of my post did i lump the Scottish with the english??

Old 01-12-2009, 01:33 PM

2,975 posts, read 8,116,825 times
Quote:
Now where in my post did i say it was?? when in fact im saying "It is not" but it is far far better than it is in the uk??

And where and when in any of my post did i lump the Scottish with the english??
You said in another thread that the UK was the "pitts". So you must mean Scotland too.

Quote:
Its the pitts!!. considering the amount english posters posting away in other (States) threads of how they wanna come to America all because uk is just that.. Pitts!! in every sense of the word. You only to browse the californian threads to see how many of them are disullusioned (english).

Scotland has many great things to offer people, and so does America. People have different "wants" in life, what may not be for you may be for someone else. I know pleanty of Africans, Indians, Americans that enjoy living here.

Old 01-12-2009, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotslass View Post
You said in another thread that the UK was the "pitts". So you must mean Scotland too.

Scotland has many great things to offer people, and so does America. People have different "wants" in life, what may not be for you may be for someone else. I know pleanty of Africans, Indians, Americans that enjoy living here.
My bad, i should've been more specific. england, is what i mean.

I know of many fellow Filipinos who do seem to enjoy scotland, thats after moving away from england.

Old 01-12-2009, 02:57 PM

Ohh and scotlas, theres good reason why the south is filled so many dis-gruntled people over there. With such a concentration of anglo saxon ties from the past, would explain and clear a few things up.

Old 01-12-2009, 03:22 PM

40 posts, read 113,750 times
Quote:
Ohh and scotlas, theres good reason why the south is filled so many dis-gruntled people over there. With such a concentration of anglo saxon ties from the past, would explain and clear a few things up.
Actually, the Southern USA is also heavily Scots and Scots-Irish in ancestry and cultural roots.

Funny how you rant on and on about racism and such yet you have no problems tarring an entire country with the same brush

Old 01-12-2009, 06:15 PM

2,266 posts, read 2,294,766 times
Quote:
Ranting on about racism in the UK, yet your posts are actually "racist" towards people living in that country.

Last edited by Cornerguy1; 01-12-2009 at 06:52 PM.. Reason: personal attacks removed

Old 01-12-2009, 06:56 PM

4,282 posts, read 15,749,873 times
Enough.

Members need to recognize when they are being baited into responding, and to use the Report Post option rather than conducting a flame war.

If we can't have a civil discussion, we won't have any discussion at all.

Thread closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom