Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Vancouver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2017, 01:32 PM

1 posts, read 2,410 times

Advertisements

I love living near Vancouver, environs. Even with the downsides....2017 winter was long, snowy, cold...not what I like, and costs are high.
But lots of amenities, freebies to do, enjoy.
Lots of ENERGY.. never boring, depressing.
Shopping for all kinds of things is good.
I like being here, and I've been in other places.
I also liked Calgary, but winter!! So, wanted to weigh in on Vancouver.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2017, 07:48 PM

4,865 posts, read 10,530,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VANCUVERT View Post
I love living near Vancouver, environs. Even with the downsides....2017 winter was long, snowy, cold...not what I like, and costs are high.
But lots of amenities, freebies to do, enjoy.
Lots of ENERGY.. never boring, depressing.
Shopping for all kinds of things is good.
I like being here, and I've been in other places.
I also liked Calgary, but winter!! So, wanted to weigh in on Vancouver.
Glad you're satisfied with the city you chose! I'm inclined to agree.

Old 04-26-2017, 01:54 AM

1,147 posts, read 718,866 times
Portland, Oregon more international. Canadian agree, Canadian jealous of USA. America better, America better! USA USA!

Old 06-09-2017, 12:04 AM

5,443 posts, read 4,681,680 times
I just visited Vancouver, and as an American who has lived in LA my whole life, I must say Vancouver is awesome. It makes me wish I were a Canadian citizen living there. I will plan to visit there once or twice a year.

Old 06-29-2017, 02:06 AM

2,416 posts, read 2,024,976 times
I also visited Vancouver recently for the first time. Very impressed, absolutely stunning surroundings. Incidentally, being a fan of running water I was struck with the number of fountains, water-features. On another tangent - I liked the airport, well-designed - the reference to BC and the First Nations' legacy was also impressive.

Old 06-29-2017, 08:26 PM

525 posts, read 454,305 times
Before I visited, I remember Vancouver (or maybe BC in general) referring to itself as "the greatest place in the world". I thought to myself, "that's a really big claim". But by the time my trip was over, I realized they were right! Having lived in a rural area ever since I can remember, I never thought I'd fall in love with a big city, but there's just so much to love about Vancouver! The stunning scenery, the multiculturalism, all the amazing food, and nice people (even in the sketchiest part of the city, people were polite). On top of that, while I feel trapped and congested in most cities, Vancouver seems to encourage people to go outside and be active, leading to a happier, healthier life for its residents. If I ever find a city I love as much as Vancouver, I'll be seriously impressed!

Old 06-29-2017, 11:03 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,305,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon18 View Post
Before I visited, I remember Vancouver (or maybe BC in general) referring to itself as "the greatest place in the world". I thought to myself, "that's a really big claim". But by the time my trip was over, I realized they were right!
...haven't traveled that much did you??

Old 06-30-2017, 01:22 AM

525 posts, read 454,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
...haven't traveled that much did you??
I've travelled quite a bit, but probably not as much as you. What would you say the best place in the world is, and what makes it better than Vancouver?

Old 06-30-2017, 07:03 AM

1,147 posts, read 718,866 times
Vancouver is trendy, beautiful, relaxing. It's a good city.

However, it still isn't Anglo Canada's second economic powerhouse. Right now the gap between Toronto and Vancouver is still too significant. Toronto needs a challenger, like Melbourne challenges Sydney.

Old 06-30-2017, 09:58 AM

18,504 posts, read 15,567,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon18 View Post
Before I visited, I remember Vancouver (or maybe BC in general) referring to itself as "the greatest place in the world". I thought to myself, "that's a really big claim". But by the time my trip was over, I realized they were right! Having lived in a rural area ever since I can remember, I never thought I'd fall in love with a big city, but there's just so much to love about Vancouver! The stunning scenery, the multiculturalism, all the amazing food, and nice people (even in the sketchiest part of the city, people were polite). On top of that, while I feel trapped and congested in most cities, Vancouver seems to encourage people to go outside and be active, leading to a happier, healthier life for its residents. If I ever find a city I love as much as Vancouver, I'll be seriously impressed!
It was a provincial tourism slogan " the greatest place on earth " . Most people hated it, me included.

Not so much that some didn't believe it LOL, but more because being that boastful was embarrassing.

B.C. no longer 'Best Place on Earth' as slogan gets replaced

I was going to post, wait for Saturno, but I see he has already jumped in to try and belittle your views. He just can have anyone liking Vancouver.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Vancouver