Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2017, 05:10 PM

70 posts, read 65,210 times

Advertisements

Made my mom watch " What the health". The movie talks about the dangers of eating animal products. Short term and long. Heart disease, diabetes, cancer, osteoporosis. even with out the health issues the toll on the earth is unimaginable. I like this movie because it breaks it down with the facts, doctors, nutritionist and people who were actually going through these diseases. I work at a grocery store and I see people spend $100 or more on junk food and call it " necessity". And sometimes Ill ask " Where are the fruits and vegetables?" or " Wheres the real food?, this stuffs bad for you!". Deep down they know its bad but people do it ANYWAY! one lady even replied " Well.. I'm gonna die someday" as if that justifies living on junk 24 hours a day. The truth is people want to be lied to. They don't want someone telling them that they're favorite food could lead to an untimely death. After my mom saw the documentary she buys a fryer ( to fry foods) a week later. And its just proof that most are so brainwashed by the media so much that even when the truth is revealed they won't accept it. How can we change the world if the world doesn't want to be changed?

Old 08-14-2017, 05:14 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,336,686 times
When I think of not having dairy I think of a withered up sort of unhealthy person.its not true of course,many people can't have dairy.I don't know why,milk just seems like this nourishing life giving source to me,maybe I'm thinking of babies etc alot.I love good full fat dairy,makes my skin so soft.
I think it feels like bi sexual vegans are taking over the world hehe.

Old 08-14-2017, 06:52 PM

13,395 posts, read 13,510,727 times
People aren't against it. They are making a personal choice to not choose veganism. Both choices are valid.

Old 08-14-2017, 09:02 PM

70 posts, read 65,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
People aren't against it. They are making a personal choice to not choose veganism. Both choices are valid.
Not really valid if the choice kills you

Old 08-14-2017, 09:11 PM

268 posts, read 282,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoLikeable View Post
Made my mom watch " What the health". The movie talks about the dangers of eating animal products. Short term and long. Heart disease, diabetes, cancer, osteoporosis. even with out the health issues the toll on the earth is unimaginable. I like this movie because it breaks it down with the facts, doctors, nutritionist and people who were actually going through these diseases. I work at a grocery store and I see people spend $100 or more on junk food and call it " necessity". And sometimes Ill ask " Where are the fruits and vegetables?" or " Wheres the real food?, this stuffs bad for you!". Deep down they know its bad but people do it ANYWAY! one lady even replied " Well.. I'm gonna die someday" as if that justifies living on junk 24 hours a day. The truth is people want to be lied to. They don't want someone telling them that they're favorite food could lead to an untimely death. After my mom saw the documentary she buys a fryer ( to fry foods) a week later. And its just proof that most are so brainwashed by the media so much that even when the truth is revealed they won't accept it. How can we change the world if the world doesn't want to be changed?
But what if you're being brainwashed into veganism?

Old 08-14-2017, 09:48 PM

12,850 posts, read 9,060,155 times
Because cow tastes so good. Especially cooked over an open fire.

You see, your question is wrong on it's face. People aren't against veganism. Who's stopping you? The real question is why are you against others eating what they like?

Old 08-14-2017, 10:10 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,296,361 times
I think people get defensive because it causes them to stop and think about what they are eating and they don't like what they see. It's easy to just eat animals if you ignore what is really happening and go about your life because that is what you have always done.

Also people are so into the thinking that they NEED it and don't know how to not eat it. They are convinced that they have to have animal flesh to get protein and there is no other way. It's tradition, it's just the way it is.

Humans are taught they need a lot more protein than they really do. It's possible to get protein from plant sources and live a healthy life...the animals they eat do it!

Old 08-14-2017, 10:11 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,296,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnff View Post
Because cow tastes so good. Especially cooked over an open fire.

You see, your question is wrong on it's face. People aren't against veganism. Who's stopping you? The real question is why are you against others eating what they like?
If you really don't know the answer to that, you are on the wrong forum.

Old 08-14-2017, 11:00 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,605,395 times
Many years ago my late wife and I acquired several chickens as pets. We got them to have fresh egg, but we knew we could never harm an animal who lived with us. It quickly went beyond that. We could no longer eat chickens nor any other birds. I think the solution is to introduce children to animals whom people commonly eat. Some won't care, but others will. Suppose that the number of vegetarians and vegans doubled? Think how many lives would be saved.

Old 08-15-2017, 02:44 AM

13,395 posts, read 13,510,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
I think people get defensive because it causes them to stop and think about what they are eating and they don't like what they see. It's easy to just eat animals if you ignore what is really happening and go about your life because that is what you have always done.

Also people are so into the thinking that they NEED it and don't know how to not eat it. They are convinced that they have to have animal flesh to get protein and there is no other way. It's tradition, it's just the way it is.

Humans are taught they need a lot more protein than they really do. It's possible to get protein from plant sources and live a healthy life...the animals they eat do it!
This is so wrong. People are not ignoring anything. I'm fully aware of where meat comes from. It's a dead animal. See no delusions at all. Animals are killed everyday for food. I don't see the difference between a lion eating a zebra and me eating a chicken wing. It's nature. Please don't conflate this with factory farming. That's a different issue entirely.

As for needing meat, people are aware that they could live without it and live plant based. Please DON'T insult our intelligence by believing we just don't know these things.

It all comes down to choice. Are you going to take my right to choose away from me?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food