Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2019, 07:16 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,296,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
I disagree, a meat eater will always prefer meat over non-meat choices given very close caloric and salt content.

A meat eater has no incentive to eat these patties unless there's health benefits . I would choose eating it, if there is a 30% decrease in calories. However, knowing that Keto diet is much faster at fat burning. I have no desire to eat high carb diet. The Keto diet is more popular right now than the vegan diet. That's why burger places are now scrambling to make more keto friendly choices such as breadless burgers. Most eat meaters do not think of animal cruelty as long as the animals are begin humanely killed and regulated.
I would hope that at least some meat eaters can see the impact factory farming has on this planet, it goes far beyond an individual's personal health. "Our house is on fire" as they say, so choosing a animal free meal/meat alternative is a great thing you can do for everyone who lives on Earth.

Please find non-biased sources to research a keto diet. It is not healthy. Carbs are NOT the enemy. Many lose weight and gain health by eating low fat/high carb.

Old 10-01-2019, 07:27 AM

50,315 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
I would hope that at least some meat eaters can see the impact factory farming has on this planet, it goes far beyond an individual's personal health. "Our house is on fire" as they say, so choosing a animal free meal/meat alternative is a great thing you can do for everyone who lives on Earth.

Please find non-biased sources to research a keto diet. It is not healthy. Carbs are NOT the enemy. Many lose weight and gain health by eating low fat/high carb.
A keto diet is not for long term. It's for quick weight loss. For that it works great and as a body builder it's what most of us use to get cut.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2019, 07:35 AM

1,413 posts, read 1,292,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
I disagree, a meat eater will always prefer meat over non-meat choices given very close caloric and salt content.

A meat eater has no incentive to eat these patties unless there's health benefits . I would choose eating it, if there is a 30% decrease in calories. However, knowing that Keto diet is much faster at fat burning. I have no desire to eat high carb diet. The Keto diet is more popular right now than the vegan diet. That's why burger places are now scrambling to make more keto friendly choices such as breadless burgers. Most eat meaters do not think of animal cruelty as long as the animals are begin humanely killed and regulated.
I'm a meat eater, and I definitely consume more red meat than is healthy for me. I am very excited at the idea of products like the Impossible Burger, as well as the idea of lab grown meat. Health benefits are not one of the reasons I desire products like this.

First of all, I am concerned with the way animals are treated by large commercial farming operations. Because of this, I recently started buying beef in bulk from an independent farmer.

Also, raising livestock is very harmful to the environment.

If in the future I can find alternative products that satisfy my taste for meat I will switch over to them in an instant. I've thought about giving up meat before, but selfishly, I love it too much.

Old 10-05-2019, 07:28 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,036,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clawsondude View Post
I'm a meat eater, and I definitely consume more red meat than is healthy for me. I am very excited at the idea of products like the Impossible Burger, as well as the idea of lab grown meat. Health benefits are not one of the reasons I desire products like this.

First of all, I am concerned with the way animals are treated by large commercial farming operations. Because of this, I recently started buying beef in bulk from an independent farmer.

Also, raising livestock is very harmful to the environment.

If in the future I can find alternative products that satisfy my taste for meat I will switch over to them in an instant. I've thought about giving up meat before, but selfishly, I love it too much.
I think that you are EXACTLY the target market for the Impossible Burger and Beyond Meat and the like.

I'm the same -- albeit to a lesser degree, because I don't love meat as much as you do. It's just that there are few alternatives that I truly enjoy. Until now.

Old 10-06-2019, 11:34 AM

88,586 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnMTL View Post
I think that you are EXACTLY the target market for the Impossible Burger and Beyond Meat and the like.

I'm the same -- albeit to a lesser degree, because I don't love meat as much as you do. It's just that there are few alternatives that I truly enjoy. Until now.
I agree. Even if you are not a full-on vegetarian/vegan, it is good to eat less meat and have alternatives. I was vegetarian for two years, and my daughter is vegetarian for about five, mostly eating vegan.

Today I am going to make this vegan dish with tofu and peanuts and onions and sweet chili sauce that I love. If I had not been exposed to vegetarian/vegan dishes, there is so much good food I would have missed. I have a much wider diet now, plus I eat a lot fewer animal products because I no longer eat them every day, and I learned I don't have to center meals around them.

Old 04-22-2020, 08:02 PM

29,519 posts, read 22,661,647 times
Just to let you know, this past Sunday I finally saw Impossible meat on sale at the local grocery store next to the Beyond meat. It's sold like a packet of ground beef you can form. It was quite expensive though, $9.99, so not a frequent item for me. But I got one for later. I know what they taste like already and like them.

Old 09-05-2020, 09:42 PM

146 posts, read 123,489 times
Fake food.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food