Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2019, 06:59 PM

130,222 posts, read 12,093,129 times

Advertisements

My sister is coming to visit for 2 weeks, she is vegetarian ( eats eggs) but limits dairy due to lactose issues. I have a load of vegetarian foods in the pantry & the freezer, so I am good for eating at home, but where is the best place, besides ethnic restaurants to get a decent vegetarian meal while on day trips? She likes Indian food, so we will eat at some local places, I am just worried about long day trips, where I am not familiar with the area & would like to know if any of the chains offer a decent vegetarian menu?? Will a taco place sell us a bean, no cheese taco?

Last edited by evening sun; 04-28-2019 at 07:07 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2019, 07:11 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,378,016 times
Chipotle.

Old 04-28-2019, 07:16 PM

27,074 posts, read 11,852,016 times
Since I eat vegetarian, just want to add that I can find something at every place. It might be a mix of side dishes but no problem...or you can ask for what you want....

ie a bean burrito without cheese...

Old 04-28-2019, 07:22 PM

3,605 posts, read 9,057,736 times
Tokyo Joes has some great options if they are in your area.

Old 04-28-2019, 09:17 PM

29,513 posts, read 22,641,616 times
I think pretty much any fast food place that has the available vegetarian options will modify any menu items for you.

Taco Bell (and Del Taco if you have them) can easily accommodate you.

https://www.tacobell.com/food/vegetarian

My main issue with these places is that the orders are not always consistent. Every time I go to Taco Bell or Del Taco and ask for a burrito with bean and no cheese, every third time they will forget and give me the cheese. I wish they'd do it like Del Taco did with their Beyond Avocado taco, which has no cheese in it so there's no confusion for the prepper.

Old 04-28-2019, 10:20 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,495,141 times
I'm vegan. Taco Bell, Subway, any falafel joints.

It's even easier with vegetarians, if they eat eggs and cheese. You can pretty easily find options that just don't include meat. But, at Taco Bell you just order anything "al fresco" if you don't want cheese or meat. At Subway, just have avocado and veggies on a sandwich. Falafel orders are usually vegan without any cheese.

Anyway, it's really not that difficult. Even if I had to order at a McDonalds, I could order french fries (although, I'm not sure if they just use veggie oil for fries), but you could always order a burger, hold the meat.

Oh, and Jack In The Box had breakfast menu items available 24/7, so she could always get a breakfast item with eggs anytime.

Old 04-29-2019, 07:15 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,290,797 times
To add to the above, Carl's Jr has a Beyond Burger, and Burger King has their BK Veggie.

Vegetarian at fast food is EASY! Salads without meat, fries, etc. Mexican food is probably the easiest because of the bean option.

Old 04-29-2019, 07:16 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,290,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
Anyway, it's really not that difficult. Even if I had to order at a McDonalds, I could order french fries (although, I'm not sure if they just use veggie oil for fries), but you could always order a burger, hold the meat.
McDonald's fries are coated in beef fat. They are not even vegetarian!

Old 04-29-2019, 12:15 PM

1,406 posts, read 800,770 times
Taco Bell has been a long-time favorite.
Del Taco now has the Beyond Taco which tastes almost like actual taco meat.
Burger King has a veggie patty whopper and will be getting the Impossible Burger soon
Carl's Jr has the Beyond Burger
Chipotle has sofritas (tofu based, resembles ground beef)
Qdoba now has Impossible "beef"
Greek/Mediterranean places usually have Falafel, either on its own or in a pita sandwich
Asian places usually have tofu and several are starting to get plant-based "meats" on the menu.
Some Subways have veggie patties.

It almost seems like it's harder to find a place that doesn't have decent vegetarian options nowadays. It's a good time to be vegetarian.

Old 04-29-2019, 02:18 PM

130,222 posts, read 12,093,129 times
Thank you all, I am looking forward to eating many vegetarian items also
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food