Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Ventura County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2011, 02:04 PM

2 posts, read 2,964 times

Advertisements

Hello,
My name is Elisabeth Jönsson and I am a 26-year-old girl from Sweden, looking for a family to pre-match (your choice of agency) with to stay with as an au pair for (at least) one year.
I have a lot of experience in babysitting all ages, and I am a looking for a family based in Ventura County (or surrounding area) that can provide a warm and safe working environment with mutual respect.

I have been with my company for more than 4 years and is working as a assistant product manager for music and movies. As much as I love my job, I am looking for some new experience and I am planning to take a year of to go abroad as an au pair and hope to find a suiting family.
People describes me as a responsible and thoughtful girl, as someone that always gives 110% with my work.
I am honest and posess a curious personality - i love meeting new people, travelling, going on adventures and learning new things! Earlier on I've studied a handful of languages. I am fluent in Danish, Swedish and English, and I studied German, Spanish, Russian and Latin. I would love to improve my Spanish and one day be fluent in Spanish as well.
Furtermore I studied psychology, ethics, cultural studies and am I just finished a course on different ways of learning.

I am also a passionate music lover - I love listening to music, collecting records and going to concerts. I am a singer in a band and recently started to play the guitar, which is a fun (but hard!) challenge.
I love cooking (My favorite food is Mexican, but I also love Italian, Lebanese, Thai, Indian... there are so many different world kitchens with their own spices and flavours. It feels like an endless world to discover!) and baking. Being a vegetarian allows me to prepare a lot of healthy meals.
I love all animals, but I don't have any pets of my own.

Most of my free time, I spend either babysitting or voluteering in different projects with children. I feel that it inriches my life to be around children and it motivates me to be the best person I can possibly be.

No matter what I am doing, I am commited to doing a great job and be a positive rolemodel. I believe in making the best out of any situation and prefer looking at life from the bright side.

If you think we could work something out (or know someone else that could be interested), please don't hestitate to contact me at jonsson.elisabeth@gmail.com

I would also be very grateful if anyone could share any other tips on where to look for a family.

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2011, 05:35 PM

168 posts, read 549,557 times
I knew of 3 girls in Thousand Oaks that are from Germany. I guess they went through German agencies.

Old 04-09-2011, 02:16 AM

2 posts, read 2,964 times
I am already talking to different agencies. The problem is that going with an agency, you pratically have no say in where you will end up, but all agencies work with pre-matching i.e. if you already have a family, they can basically set it up within no time. That's why I'm looking for a family

But thanks for the tip!

Old 04-09-2011, 12:39 PM

1,549 posts, read 4,258,575 times
Have you looked on craigslists or in any ads? I suspect there is some type of listing for this?

Old 04-09-2011, 11:41 PM

2,852 posts, read 6,487,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKLO View Post
Have you looked on craigslists or in any ads? I suspect there is some type of listing for this?
LadyKLO, if she looks on Craigslist or advertises there the poor girl will have every perv in the area contacting her, LOL! I placed an ad for the website work I do and two creeps contacted me and they did NOT want website work done

Old 04-10-2011, 11:28 AM

1,549 posts, read 4,258,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanna View Post
LadyKLO, if she looks on Craigslist or advertises there the poor girl will have every perv in the area contacting her, LOL! I placed an ad for the website work I do and two creeps contacted me and they did NOT want website work done
LOL!!!!!! I am not even going to ask what they wanted done!!!!

Old 04-10-2011, 11:48 AM

2,852 posts, read 6,487,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKLO View Post
LOL!!!!!! I am not even going to ask what they wanted done!!!!
No, please don't! LOL!

Old 04-11-2011, 09:06 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,786,816 times
Try California Lutheran University and it's employment office/board. There is a slight Norwegian, Swedish heritage in that far north end of Thousand Oaks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Ventura County