Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 07:56 AM

1,792 posts, read 4,662,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by E922 View Post
Glad to hear that about Brattleboro...but what about Springfield MA which you recommend, and the 45 minute route between the two places? Will we definitely need to get snow tires?
Springfield MA is slightly more mild than even Brattleboro. If you get snow tires you will be fine. All season tires only work 'OK' for the first year you drive on them.
I wouldn't recommend living in Springfield. I'm not sure if I confused you. I would recommend living in North Hampton, or in that area. It would put you in between Brattleboro and Springfield.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2012, 07:52 AM

15 posts, read 23,145 times
Default Nursing Shortage VT

FYI, my fiance was a travelling nurse, Case Manager, took 3-month assignment at Northwest Medical Center in St. Albans. The hospital oferred her a permanent position, was the highest salary, she has ever seen for her position and included 5 weeks of paid vacation. Needless to say, she took the position. It came as a surprise to find the highest salary she ever saw for her speciality would come from a hospital way up in northwestern Vermont. Buy hey, you never know.

Old 08-11-2012, 12:34 PM

1,619 posts, read 2,828,970 times
For the heck of it, I have gone on to a few hospital sites in the greater Bratt area - there are jobs posted for RN's.

Old 08-13-2012, 07:12 AM

1,792 posts, read 4,662,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarmaple View Post
For the heck of it, I have gone on to a few hospital sites in the greater Bratt area - there are jobs posted for RN's.
If you could provide a link for the OP that would be helpful. Brattleboro Memorial and their outpatient facilities now has one full time opening in the Special Care Unit, but the other positions are between 10-24 hours. The Per Diem positions have no guaranteed hours. It could be zero hours or full time hours, and there are no benefits as Per Diem. I'm not sure, but it sounds like the they are looking for full time hours. The only other hospital in the area I'm aware of is Grace Cottage (about 20 miles away) in Townshend, Vermont. There are no openings there. Brattleboro Retreat has several part time openings, but they are specialized nursing. She would have to be a psychology nurse.
As I mentioned in my previous post. The best option would be in Springfield for general nursing. The job opportunities there are plentiful. If sugarmaple has other links, that could be helpful. Also, if the OP could tell us what type of nursing position is desired, that will narrow all options.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont