Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2013, 10:32 AM

19 posts, read 171,380 times

Advertisements

Love how everyone complains about out of staters. My neighbors ( all vters) park on the front lawns, block entrances, go 50 in a 20. Its cool though. Theyre from here. The many times ive experienced someone stopped dead at a GREEN light and when I blew my horn, THEY yelled at me and swore etc. Its cool though. They had VT plates. Maybe noone should visit VT and spend their dollars here. Lord knows Vters dont have the $ to spend will all the "quality" jobs here. Heres another tip. Dont visit anywhere else also. They dont want you there
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2013, 11:23 AM

2,865 posts, read 3,634,681 times
Ugh... sounds like you need to consider moving yourself. Your unhappiness is not doing your health any good. Seriously. And getting angry is not going to change anything. It is just going to make you more stressed.

Old 07-19-2013, 12:01 PM

19 posts, read 171,380 times
So "Dan" stating what ive seen or experienced means im unhappy? So noone has ever cut you off in traffic or fired you or youve never had a bad day? If I call out someone on this forum for only finding fault with non natives (when everyone has faults) im in the wrong? Or unhappy? Sorry just call it like I see it. I guess your world is puppies and lollipops, and if you notice crap going on, you just pretend it isnt there. Ignorance truly is bliss

Old 07-19-2013, 05:25 PM

1,205 posts, read 1,973,372 times
Paging Dr. Phil".............

Old 07-20-2013, 07:01 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,741,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ughdontevenbother View Post
Love how everyone complains about out of staters. My neighbors ( all vters) park on the front lawns, block entrances, go 50 in a 20. Its cool though. Theyre from here. The many times ive experienced someone stopped dead at a GREEN light and when I blew my horn, THEY yelled at me and swore etc. Its cool though. They had VT plates. Maybe noone should visit VT and spend their dollars here. Lord knows Vters dont have the $ to spend will all the "quality" jobs here. Heres another tip. Dont visit anywhere else also. They dont want you there
How can you be certain they're natives? Having green tags on a car means little. I know plenty of flatlanders with VT tags on their cars. Could very well be them doing 50 in a 20 or yelling and swearing at a green light.

Old 07-21-2013, 05:11 PM

18,359 posts, read 26,518,556 times
Where was this in VT? If it happened in an area like Brattleboro or Burlington, I'd venture a guess that few to none of the "locals" are natives.

Old 07-21-2013, 05:15 PM

63 posts, read 138,610 times
I can start one about transplants too, if you like. Spread the love. You can thank me later, I'm good like that.

Old 07-21-2013, 07:01 PM

281 posts, read 1,238,457 times
I find most native VTers to be quite nice helpful people for the most part. Run out of gas or slip into a ditch in snow and you'll have gas or be pulled out of the by a "local" really quick. And don't even think about offering the person money,it's not done for money it's done as neighbor helping neighbor. This has been my experience in the Northeast Kingdom,may be different in Burlington,Brattleboro,Barre but I can only speak for my experience in the kingdom.

Old 07-22-2013, 03:22 AM

819 posts, read 1,496,203 times
Well technically, if they aren't Native Americans they really aren't natives, they just think they are......A few of my Native American friends gigle with the thought of "Woodchucks" being natives.....everyone is a flatlander to them....

Which is why I don't get too hung up on labels.

That being said, their are D-Bags with every license plate color.......people are people.....

Old 07-22-2013, 05:19 AM

1,558 posts, read 3,860,123 times
Vermont is really the only state I know of and have had experience with that is so hung up on where a person was born, raised, etc. Maybe it is because there are so few people in the state? Honestly - I just don't know. Does it really make any difference?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont