Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2007, 02:40 AM

2 posts, read 4,567 times

Advertisements

My spouse is a Disabled Army Veteran with a rating of 60%. Vermont law provides a property tax exemption when a Veteran is granted a rating of 50% or higher.
For two years my husband was denied the exemption. The town claims they never got the paperwork, we highly dispute that. I don't believe the Voters of Bennington County or the State of Vermont ever intended for the politician to have this loophole. Please read my petition, sign if it you would please. Then if you feel strongly that the politician should listen to the voters and stop looking for loopholes pass the petition link on.

Thank you!

Helping Disabled Vermont Veterans - Petition - Sign this petition here - Signature page - GoPetition
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2007, 07:49 AM

1,574 posts, read 4,857,406 times
I am not sure what the exact exemption involves or the criteria, however, if a veteran is denied just due benefits by town or county officials a remedy is to work with the VA as well as contact the American legion and VFW as well as your state representatives and in our case it would be a nice project for Senator Sanders who likes to stump for Veterans. A few well placed calls and perhaps even media attention can be what it takes to make sure deserving and eligible vets get what they are entitled to.

Old 11-27-2007, 06:19 PM

24 posts, read 99,475 times
Don't hesitate to call in the big guns if you are getting nowhere. One of the best things about Vermont is that you can actually call your elected representatives and get results. Good luck, and don't give up!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont