Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2019, 06:09 PM

3 posts, read 1,383 times

Advertisements

Are there any massage therapists here who have worked at the bigger ski resorts and could tell me what their pay structure is. They charge so much for massage! Is it generally a commission or hourly wage? Also any recommendations of good ones to work at where they acknowledge the physical demand on the therapist and don’t work you to death and the pay is good? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2019, 02:42 PM

2,062 posts, read 3,960,464 times
I have heard from my therapist (who is not at a resort) that Stowe Mountain Lodge is a decent place to work where they won't work you to death but I have no idea what their pay structure is. From what she's told me, most of the other resorts in the Stowe area are not great places to work.

Old 11-04-2019, 02:48 PM

8,079 posts, read 10,070,207 times
Call Top Notch Resort in Stowe. They are a higher end resort on the way up to the Mountain. They employ a couple dozen massage therapists in all forms of massage who are constantly in demand. Ask about how they pay. I am sure they will discuss it with you.

Down south the Mt Snow area is very popular with tourists and there are probably openings for therapists. They get a tourist crowd from NYC so beware that the clientele can be a little finicky. Mt guess is that they pay less than the Stowe area and tips are not as good--if the spa allows them.

Old 11-04-2019, 07:37 PM

Thank you!!

Old 11-05-2019, 07:07 AM

I will add that really good massage therapists are in high demand here in the Stowe/Waterbury area - my therapist is booked two months out. She specializes in deep tissue for athletes and injuries and had to stop taking on new clients as she doesn't have the bandwidth. If opening your own practice is of any interest, I'd consider it - there are a LOT of people here who engage in all sorts of activities and are willing to pay to heal afterward lol.

Old 11-06-2019, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkln View Post
I will add that really good massage therapists are in high demand here in the Stowe/Waterbury area - my therapist is booked two months out. She specializes in deep tissue for athletes and injuries and had to stop taking on new clients as she doesn't have the bandwidth. If opening your own practice is of any interest, I'd consider it - there are a LOT of people here who engage in all sorts of activities and are willing to pay to heal afterward lol.
Thank you for that information! I have owned my own practice for 15 years in Florida and we are considering a move to Vermont in the near future. I’ve read the industry is in demand there. Ultimately I think that’s our goal, but being a small business owner is hard, so I’ve considered going out into the workforce for a bit. The thought of leaving work when you actually leave sounds very enticing to me.

Old 11-06-2019, 11:19 AM

Ha ha I totally understand that feeling!

My therapist has had her practice here for about 8 years now I think. She built up a very loyal clientele, but actually cut her hours now to where she's only working 4 days a week (need that extra day to rest the muscles!) and might cut back a bit further next year, and she limits how many clients she'll see each day.

Certainly makes sense to test out the area and see what the need is before starting on your own, and plus you can meet some folks and build up your network!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
View detailed profiles of: