Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2013, 10:57 PM

1,866 posts, read 2,703,194 times

Advertisements

I got my PS3 last year, and I bought about 10 games(at least) mostly old rpgs. I also bought about 6 games from the PSN. Now I just found out that on the PS4 that none of that will work? I thought it would since we have to sign into the PSN and that it would just carry over but not I am finding that it won't and I have only had my PS3 for a year. I now think that it is kind of a waste of money and I am really getting tired of buying the same games over and over again. I mean, why couldn't they make it to where those games were linked to your account and then you could log into the PS4 and then just re-download everything you bought? I just feel kinda ripped off right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2013, 11:20 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,619,995 times
Because PS3 games work differently than PS4 games. I don't really understand what people are biatching about. It's not like you can't hook up more than one device to your TV. My plan is to keep my PS3 and my PS4 connected to the same TV.

Old 08-24-2013, 11:26 PM

1,866 posts, read 2,703,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
Because PS3 games work differently than PS4 games. I don't really understand what people are biatching about. It's not like you can't hook up more than one device to your TV. My plan is to keep my PS3 and my PS4 connected to the same TV.
I am not talking about ps3 games. I downloaded ps1 and ps2 games. If they are linked to my account which they are by downloads, then why didnt sony make it to where i could transfer them to the new system? So basically if my ps3 breaks, then i have to either hope i can find another ps3 or i will lose the system and games forever..and btw 16 games to lose are alot

Old 08-25-2013, 10:59 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,705,555 times
I just bought a PS3 and placed it on a closet shelf in the box - after connecting it and running setup with PS.

Now if my "ancient" ps3 dies I don't have to worry.

And we will be buying a PS4 when the dust settles around it's release.

I don't get your being so upset about the lack of playing old games on a new system. Are you still running Windows 98 progs on your Windows 7 PC?

Didn't think so.

Old 08-26-2013, 10:15 AM

1,214 posts, read 1,696,825 times
No it's not a waste of money. Just keep your PS3 when you get your PS4. Problem solved. And I believe that your PSN profile will carry over to PS4.

Old 08-26-2013, 11:44 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,134,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackscorpion View Post
I got my PS3 last year, and I bought about 10 games(at least) mostly old rpgs. I also bought about 6 games from the PSN. Now I just found out that on the PS4 that none of that will work? I thought it would since we have to sign into the PSN and that it would just carry over but not I am finding that it won't and I have only had my PS3 for a year. I now think that it is kind of a waste of money and I am really getting tired of buying the same games over and over again. I mean, why couldn't they make it to where those games were linked to your account and then you could log into the PS4 and then just re-download everything you bought? I just feel kinda ripped off right now.
Why? Are you not able to play PS3 games on the PS3?

Old 08-26-2013, 11:53 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,619,995 times
I'm not understanding why you feel ripped off. All games on PS3 whether they are new games on disc PS1/PS2/PS3 games downloaded from PS3 run on a different architecture. I could understand being upset if Sony just said "we're not going to allow transfer of games".

Old 08-27-2013, 08:52 PM

2,156 posts, read 3,333,598 times
I bought my PS3 about six months after it first hit the market and have used it to play games around 10-15 hours total and despite the limited use for gaming, I don't think it's a waste of money. It's one of the best Blu ray player that I owned. Plus, a great machine to use for Amazon Prime and Netflix. Yeah, money well spent. In fact, I like it so much, I spent $120 last month to repair it just so that I can keep watching movies instead of buying a new Blu ray player.

Old 08-29-2013, 09:04 PM

258 posts, read 421,996 times
You could always just... NOT get a PS4.

To be perfectly honest if you bought 10 games in one year (or is it 16? You gave different numbers) it doesn't seem to me that you are playing any one game a whole lot anyways. Will you even still be interested in playing those games once you get a PS4? You aren't going to be buying a PS4 to play games you can already play on your PS3... so if you plan to get the PS4, you plan to get new games.

I don't understand the big deal. Like others have said, just hook up both systems to the TV if you want to get a PS4 but still want to play your old games that won't play on it.

~Katy

Old 09-03-2013, 12:19 PM

1,614 posts, read 2,072,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackscorpion View Post
I am not talking about ps3 games. I downloaded ps1 and ps2 games. If they are linked to my account which they are by downloads, then why didnt sony make it to where i could transfer them to the new system? So basically if my ps3 breaks, then i have to either hope i can find another ps3 or i will lose the system and games forever..and btw 16 games to lose are alot
Sony for the PS4 is going to use it's game streaming service to deliver the old PS1/PS2 games. I highly doubt they'll make you re-purchase games you've already bought, that would be a P.R nightmare, and Sony has really capitalized on MS's PR issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games