Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ?
CoD 3 9.09%
CoD 2 2 6.06%
CoD 3 0 0%
CoD 4: Modern Warfare 9 27.27%
CoD: Modern Warfare 2 5 15.15%
CoD: Modern Warfare 3 2 6.06%
CoD: World at War 0 0%
CoD: Black Ops 4 12.12%
CoD: Black Ops II 8 24.24%
CoD: Ghosts 0 0%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 03:26 PM

4,003 posts, read 10,840,583 times

Advertisements

I run around a lot like the proverbial chicken with its head cut off. Call it stupid, but to me, it is just more fun. Having to react suddenly keeps me a lot more interested in the game. If we are in clan wars and I need the victory I will play defensively or lock down part of a map. For just killing time though, look for the dude with all the bright red body count camo, gold guns, and lots of swagger. I will show up in your killcams when you are wondering what just happened lol.

Pure camping is annoying imo...i.e. the person sitting in a corner the whole game with an AR or SMG waiting for someone to come by. I have no respect for that game. If you are a sniper/marksman and perked out for that format, I have no problem with it though as it is a valid role in the game.

I like Kill Confirmed a lot because it at least forces some people out of the shadows, even if for only a split second. For the record, I am one of the few that actually has more confirmed tags then kills....I hustle! lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2014, 03:45 PM

3,517 posts, read 5,317,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacredgrooves View Post
I run around a lot like the proverbial chicken with its head cut off. Call it stupid, but to me, it is just more fun. Having to react suddenly keeps me a lot more interested in the game. If we are in clan wars and I need the victory I will play defensively or lock down part of a map. For just killing time though, look for the dude with all the bright red body count camo, gold guns, and lots of swagger. I will show up in your killcams when you are wondering what just happened lol.

Pure camping is annoying imo...i.e. the person sitting in a corner the whole game with an AR or SMG waiting for someone to come by. I have no respect for that game. If you are a sniper/marksman and perked out for that format, I have no problem with it though as it is a valid role in the game.

I like Kill Confirmed a lot because it at least forces some people out of the shadows, even if for only a split second. For the record, I am one of the few that actually has more confirmed tags then kills....I hustle! lol
I have a lot of respect for a playing style like this, but only if you're getting a good ratio and helping your team. People need to realize that going 5-15 hurts your team. I believe strongly that if you're dipping down to something like 2-10 or 5-15, you should leave the game and try again. You're hurting your team. Have some courtesy.

But if you're rocking a great ratio, like 2.0+ and running around like a chicken with the head cut off, then you are, in my opinion, god-like. Props to you.

Sniping, in my opinion as well, is not skill. I have no respect for someone sitting in the shadows picking people off. A child could do this. I honestly used to love snipers and shotguns back in the Counterstrike days, but now, it's just childish. Pick a real gun and play the game. I agree with the Kill Confirmed gametype battling campers, but I'm still awaiting a gametype that bans sniper rifles. That would be sublime.

I also would love a gametype that doesn't start you with weapons, but lets you pick them off the ground, randomly scattered. It would even the playing field a bit. I believe strongly that someone who has a 2.0 KTD ratio with 10-12 guns is vastly superior in skill than someone who has a 2.0 KTD ratio with 1-2 guns.

Old 04-15-2014, 03:50 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,497,759 times
Quote:

That's nothing... you should see me i use a Shotgun, have trophy systems, claymores and a riot shield.
For score streaks i have uav, guardian and sentry gun... when you get your guardian and sentry gun you are pretty much unstoppable unless someone has a emp but no one is smart enough to use emps for some reason.

Old 04-15-2014, 04:08 PM

Oh yes, riot shield.

It should be banned in all FPS games. Imagine watching a football game and one of the players shows up in a cheerleader outfit. That's the riot shield.

Old 04-15-2014, 06:12 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,497,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorytmeadows View Post
Oh yes, riot shield.

It should be banned in all FPS games. Imagine watching a football game and one of the players shows up in a cheerleader outfit. That's the riot shield.
Why? because you keep getting killed by people with riot shields?

Old 04-15-2014, 06:54 PM

686 posts, read 1,231,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Its just that people who play with riot shields are not even trying to win the game. They are just trying to get badges or achievements. Its always always always the same types too - riot shield, C4, camp in the corner, thrown flash bang, bash, rinse and repeat.

Old 04-15-2014, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
I kill 95% of riot-shield-wielding players I'm confronted with. It changes game strategy so much in such an annoying fashion. Most people pick it just to troll others. I'm not saying you do that, but it's as obnoxious as knifers or campers. It was criticized heavily when added to Counterstrike years ago (often called a supporting reason why Counterstrike jumped the shark) and just because time has gone on since then, doesn't make it any less annoying now. The developer that thought it was a good idea to add to Call of Duty should be fired.

Old 04-15-2014, 07:12 PM

4,003 posts, read 10,840,583 times
Quote:
I have a lot of respect for a playing style like this, but only if you're getting a good ratio and helping your team. People need to realize that going 5-15 hurts your team. I believe strongly that if you're dipping down to something like 2-10 or 5-15, you should leave the game and try again. You're hurting your team. Have some courtesy.

But if you're rocking a great ratio, like 2.0+ and running around like a chicken with the head cut off, then you are, in my opinion, god-like. Props to you.

Sniping, in my opinion as well, is not skill. I have no respect for someone sitting in the shadows picking people off. A child could do this. I honestly used to love snipers and shotguns back in the Counterstrike days, but now, it's just childish. Pick a real gun and play the game. I agree with the Kill Confirmed gametype battling campers, but I'm still awaiting a gametype that bans sniper rifles. That would be sublime.

I also would love a gametype that doesn't start you with weapons, but lets you pick them off the ground, randomly scattered. It would even the playing field a bit. I believe strongly that someone who has a 2.0 KTD ratio with 10-12 guns is vastly superior in skill than someone who has a 2.0 KTD ratio with 1-2 guns.
I am definitely not a 2.0kd, but average a 1.3 or so when running. A couple guys in my clan are run-n-gun and one has a 1.8 and the other a 2.3. They are really good players. I tend to go after objectives, tags, and campers so take more deaths than I otherwise would. I sacrifice patience, and KD, for the rush lol.

Old 04-15-2014, 07:46 PM

Quote:
I am definitely not a 2.0kd, but average a 1.3 or so when running. A couple guys in my clan are run-n-gun and one has a 1.8 and the other a 2.3. They are really good players. I tend to go after objectives, tags, and campers so take more deaths than I otherwise would. I sacrifice patience, and KD, for the rush lol.
Good for you. Glad to hear of decent players playing with that style. Definitely makes it exciting!

On another note, not trolling and completely serious: if you go 5 and 23. Take the game out and sell it. You are too dumb to play this game. Stop being inconsiderate and LEAVE THE GAME.

Last edited by rorytmeadows; 04-15-2014 at 08:26 PM..

Old 04-16-2014, 03:48 PM

4,840 posts, read 9,915,268 times
Quote:
Good for you. Glad to hear of decent players playing with that style. Definitely makes it exciting!

On another note, not trolling and completely serious: if you go 5 and 23. Take the game out and sell it. You are too dumb to play this game. Stop being inconsiderate and LEAVE THE GAME.
I remember one of my friends when he first got Black Ops we played Domination once on Nuketown, He went 10-50 because he kept repeatedly trying to take over B [the center zone] over and over again all by himself. He actually was asking me "How did I do? I did good right?". I told him that he did terrible and was the worst in the whole lobby, and also told him that I'm never playing Domination with him ever again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games