Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2015, 01:32 PM

540 posts, read 1,106,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nyxStation View Post
Im still playing Black flag, its an ok game but the Assassins Creed games come out too often and I hate that approach to gaming. The over saturation of certain titles. I think a new main title comes out every year for that franchise. I wish Ubisoft would slow it down a bit.
I agree. I loved AC 2 and Brotherhood. Revelations not so much and 3 was a slog. Black Flag was nice. Haven't played Unity yet since I can't open my PS4 until Christmas. Bought it a couple weeks ago on a Target deal, but have to hide it til Christmas.

I decided it was finally time between a few games already out. UC4 a few months away. Mirror's Edge 2 in February. I'll watch for a sale on AC Syndicate. Too bad the new Tomb Raider game is a timed exclusive. Looking forward to that for next fall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2015, 06:59 PM

3,950 posts, read 5,091,305 times
Yeah, so I braved Walmart this evening and snagged my local store's last copy of Mortal Kombat X for just 25 bucks.

Old 11-26-2015, 08:14 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,856,184 times
nice!

Old 11-26-2015, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarius37 View Post
nice!
All it took was Walmart's early Black Friday sale to give me the nudge I needed to pick Mortal Kombat X up.

Old 11-29-2015, 01:03 AM

1,580 posts, read 1,990,041 times
Ok, need your advice:

My son asked for xbox 360 a few years back and I got him the Star Wars edition because I LOVED it and my son is a huge fan. I love R2 and the noises it makes, and the 3PO controller is awesome!

Ok, so he asked for a PS4. I told him no, but we are surprising him with one. I bought the LE Star Wars bundle with infinity 3.0 for $349. He wants Battlefront, and there were two bundles that have battlefront: plain black system for $349, and LE console and deluxe game for 399. I went with the infinity bundle because it's the LE console, and I figured I'd get the battlefront game for $50, which I did. So I am at 400 for the infinity Star Wars bundle PLUS the battlefront game. I was happy.

But then hubby and I were not too thrilled with the LE console. It's just not great looking, at all. And the controller is downright ugly. Do you think my son would want the official LE, or should I get the standard black console and put a very cool Star Wars skin on it? Gotta say, the skins I'm seeing are gorgeous. Idk wth Sony was thinking with their decision to go with the plain Darth vader.

Old 11-29-2015, 05:52 PM

PLAYSTATION WINS BLACK FRIDAY, ACCORDING TO MARKETING STUDY

Quote:
Sony's gaming platform was the preferred console during Black Friday, according to a marketing study conducted by InfoScout.

The study, which tracked the purchases of over 250,000 receipts captured on mobile devices during Thanksgiving night and into Black Friday, reports that Millennial consumers (those between the ages of 18 to 35) preferred PlayStation to Xbox and Nintendo.

Old 11-30-2015, 10:12 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,652,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBeingAMommy View Post
Ok, need your advice:

My son asked for xbox 360 a few years back and I got him the Star Wars edition because I LOVED it and my son is a huge fan. I love R2 and the noises it makes, and the 3PO controller is awesome!

Ok, so he asked for a PS4. I told him no, but we are surprising him with one. I bought the LE Star Wars bundle with infinity 3.0 for $349. He wants Battlefront, and there were two bundles that have battlefront: plain black system for $349, and LE console and deluxe game for 399. I went with the infinity bundle because it's the LE console, and I figured I'd get the battlefront game for $50, which I did. So I am at 400 for the infinity Star Wars bundle PLUS the battlefront game. I was happy.

But then hubby and I were not too thrilled with the LE console. It's just not great looking, at all. And the controller is downright ugly. Do you think my son would want the official LE, or should I get the standard black console and put a very cool Star Wars skin on it? Gotta say, the skins I'm seeing are gorgeous. Idk wth Sony was thinking with their decision to go with the plain Darth vader.
If he really likes Star Wars, I'd stick with what you have. I googled an image of the controller and it's no different from the standard PS4 controller, other than color of the buttons. But if it doesn't cost you anything though, you can always switch it to standard black and let your son decide.

Old 12-04-2015, 11:58 AM

5,658 posts, read 6,277,759 times
Sony Hints New, Playable PlayStation VR Games Will Be Revealed at PSX

PSX's Full PlayStation VR Line-Up Revealed

Playstation VR games announced and playable this weekend at show.

Old 12-05-2015, 11:22 PM

And many more Playstation VR games revealed:

Playstation Experience VR Games

Old 12-06-2015, 12:18 PM

Handy list of the 59 games announced so far that will have VR compatibility (some of which require PSVR). Also hints that existing games might be patchable to create VR compatibility:

Titles announced for Playstation VR

Here's a quick combo trailer showing a few of those:

https://youtu.be/peT_qtnatsc
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games