Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2016, 06:24 PM

2,217 posts, read 3,900,194 times

Advertisements

Doom PS4 B+
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2016, 09:03 AM

570 posts, read 721,178 times
Red Dead Redemption on the ONE

A+

Old 07-08-2016, 09:14 AM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,276,315 times
Witcher 3 - B

New to the Witcher series so I have no back story knowledge but I don't think that matters all that much. Movement is subpar, combat is pretty good and it's really gorgeous. Lots and lots of stuff to do.

I realize this is probably just me being new to it, but I like a game with a more clear cut series of main missions. I've been left not knowing what I should do next too many times.

Old 07-08-2016, 11:27 PM

680 posts, read 648,874 times
Ratchet and Clank(On the PS4) - A

Old 07-09-2016, 02:28 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,829,556 times
Mspacman - H

Old 07-09-2016, 08:41 AM

2,802 posts, read 3,188,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
Witcher 3 - B

New to the Witcher series so I have no back story knowledge but I don't think that matters all that much. Movement is subpar, combat is pretty good and it's really gorgeous. Lots and lots of stuff to do.

I realize this is probably just me being new to it, but I like a game with a more clear cut series of main missions. I've been left not knowing what I should do next too many times.
Read the books to better understand the lore. The third lays it out pretty nicely, but it does help knowing who's who and what's what. Here is a list of the series in order. Just so you don't become confused, the first one is full of various short stories. The others books are full fledged stories.

Not knowing is what makes the game pretty interesting. You don't really know what the final outcome will be.
Spoiler
All I will say is treat Ciri like she's an adult and trust her enough to do what she wants. You don't want the worst ending. Trust me.

Old 07-11-2016, 12:47 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,726,101 times
Witche 3 - Hearts of Stone
A-

I just finished the 1st major expansion and what a ride it was! I don't want to spoil anything so I'll have to stick to generalities, but as someone who completed the game long ago (version 1.05) I have to say I enjoyed both the add on and the changes additional patches (it's 1.22 now) brought. Especially the inventory management changes, it was extremely messy before.
As for the story ... well The original game was full of Slavic mythology and that was partially why it was so successful - it was something different. Hearts of Stone is a bit more specific - it's Polish. From the way the new characters look and act, through countless little details, it's a re-telling of an old Polish fable, done very well. I'd say more but I don't want to spoil it for anyone.
Generally I really enjoyed it, the only downside is that Geralt is still somewhat clunky and likes to sprint into furniture/crates like a drunk idiot at times, but that's not really that big an issue. I also just started the second expansion, Blood and Wine, and after an hour I can say that if it delivers what it promises, it will be even better. It certainly looks spectacular.

I also have to recommend the books, though I'm not sure how the translations hold up - the original text was full of inside jokes and references, apart from being a compelling drama. From what I heard the first translations weren't that good (and that's an euphemism) but apparently that changed.

Old 07-11-2016, 01:21 AM

4,490 posts, read 3,927,256 times
Halo 5 Multiplayer Slayer. I've been playing Halo since the first one and really like it, so I give it an A.

Old 07-11-2016, 08:48 PM

14,673 posts, read 14,635,860 times
Just picked up the Witcher 3 based on all the recommendations (here and elsewhere). So far I'd rate it an A to A-.

I do agree it can be difficult to figure out, and I'm having a hard time raising my character's level to fit with the story missions. There are guides on GameFAQs.com which are helping with that though. I see this becoming a very addictive game...

Old 07-13-2016, 03:14 PM

4,666 posts, read 3,860,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuffinMan16 View Post
Ratchet and Clank(On the PS4) - A
I ordered this yesterday on Prime Day. Amazon had it for $19 & it was claimed/sold out in 15 minutes.

I am very excited to play this game having played previous versions & seeing the gameplay on youtube!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games