Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 12:56 PM

291 posts, read 1,361,276 times

Advertisements

Just admit that you're scared of anything you don't understand. You're the same type of person who hated blacks in the 1950's and 1960's, hated Germans in the 1940's, hated Italians in the 30's, and hated the Irish in the 20's

What a horrible thing to say here! He or anyone else here is only trying to suggest that we are tired of the illegals taking over our country and making us bow down to them!!! To say this is really replusive. To myself as a liberal, a Jew and a woman!

Old 09-21-2006, 03:52 AM

1,290 posts, read 2,569,789 times
Maybe tarp should come to grips with his or her own racist attitudes toward others.

English is the divine language of the region because the Algonquins and Iroquois were conquered. When the Mexican hordes overthrow the Old Dominion, the new language will be spaneesh. See how that works?

Old 09-21-2006, 04:27 AM

1,726 posts, read 5,862,227 times
Conquered, or slaughtered?

"Mexican hordes"?

I won't dignify that with a response.

Old 09-21-2006, 06:14 AM

1,290 posts, read 2,569,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarp View Post
Conquered, or slaughtered?

"Mexican hordes"?

I won't dignify that with a response.
Conquered, slaughtered, really doesn't matter when you're on the losing team, now does it?

If you don't like the term I used, submit your own description of illegal aliens. Or are they 'undocumented workers' or freedom loving, hard working folks looking to better themselves? Tell me, oh tolerant one, how would you describe them?

Old 09-21-2006, 06:26 AM

61 posts, read 94,386 times
I think this is turning into a political fight that has no value as of this point. People have stated their view, and if you want further discussion, consult a politics dicussion forum.

Old 09-21-2006, 06:29 AM

2,179 posts, read 7,376,944 times
the main point is being ignored here!
the illegal part says it all to me. Ive heard people say most illegal Mexicans are law abiding and hard working, well strike one they are criminals ! if they would have been law abiding the wouldn't be here , they break the law by coming here, they work for substandard wages so the real law abiding citizens cant get work account of the illegals are drywalling below scale, painting below scale landscaping below scale and they are lowering the legal citizens standard of living.
then to top it all off after they are established here the low wages stop and they raise their rates....and yes i believe if i would move to France,Germany , Mexico and made it my home i would learn the language but our politically correct culture the liberals have crammed down our throats want us to print everything in bi-lingual signs....I'm glad im nearing the end of my time here but i do fear for my grand kids!!!

Old 09-21-2006, 06:54 AM

1,726 posts, read 5,862,227 times
The same situation has been the case here for hundreds of years. This country was never solely the domain of anglophones. We had waves of German speakers, Italian speakers, etc. Sooner or later they all assimilated and began speaking English. The immigrants may speak Spanish but their kids will speak English and will be Americans. So get used to it, buddy.

Old 09-21-2006, 07:32 AM

504 posts, read 1,764,555 times
Its a catch 22 here in Tampa Florida. We need them to pick citrus, strawberries, tomatoes and a lot of other things. Construction hires lots of them and those were considered good jobs for young men. The schools here in Tampa are over 50 percent minority mostly non speaking English Latino kids. The governor wants them to be able to get drivers liscenses but that would mean they would be able to do all the heavy equipment jobs, which pays well, at the same time at least they would be able to insure thier cars. Another problem on weekends and evenings we have a lot of illlegal food stands going up. Even with the ones that came here legally they seem to think that code enforcement is a joke and are always adding to thier houses or selling cars in thier yards, chopping down grandfather oaks at will and no fences around above ground swimming pools. I have seen little boys peeing while thier mother stands around watching them. Grocery carts seldom get taken back to the store, either left in the parking lot or taken home. The government thinks we have at least 12 million but I know that there are more, most of them do not fill in the census, so that puts a burden on the counties that have so many, less government help.I don't know the answer, closing the border and starting to send many of them back is a start but its going to be very expensive, sending many adults to school should be mandatory with them paying for it. I am aware a lot of them are exploited, many live in substandard houses packed together with very little wages coming in. I don't know what to do and I don't think any one else has a perfect solution. This is no longer just a problem for the border states this is a problem for the whole country. What do we do with all the children that are citizens when we send thier parents back? Latinos are not the only people coming in, Chinese are coming in by the thousands and a lot of Arabs are still here on expired student visas not to mention all the people that come in as tourists and don't go back. I don't care about people speaking thier own language but please don't get annoyed at me because I don't speak Spainish. I do not hate or dislike these people I find most of them very pleasant and hardworking, I worry that because thier are so many they won't assimilate, look at Miami and it is definately happening in Tampa. I do not have have any prejudice toward any one, nor have I ever I am just concerned. By the way the Spainish were here in Florida first.

Last edited by alexander59; 09-21-2006 at 07:34 AM.. Reason: misspelling

Old 09-21-2006, 07:50 AM

61 posts, read 94,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexander59 View Post
Its a catch 22 here in Tampa Florida. We need them to pick citrus, strawberries, tomatoes and a lot of other things. Construction hires lots of them and those were considered good jobs for young men. The schools here in Tampa are over 50 percent minority mostly non speaking English Latino kids. The governor wants them to be able to get drivers liscenses but that would mean they would be able to do all the heavy equipment jobs, which pays well, at the same time at least they would be able to insure thier cars. Another problem on weekends and evenings we have a lot of illlegal food stands going up. Even with the ones that came here legally they seem to think that code enforcement is a joke and are always adding to thier houses or selling cars in thier yards, chopping down grandfather oaks at will and no fences around above ground swimming pools. I have seen little boys peeing while thier mother stands around watching them. Grocery carts seldom get taken back to the store, either left in the parking lot or taken home. The government thinks we have at least 12 million but I know that there are more, most of them do not fill in the census, so that puts a burden on the counties that have so many, less government help.I don't know the answer, closing the border and starting to send many of them back is a start but its going to be very expensive, sending many adults to school should be mandatory with them paying for it. I am aware a lot of them are exploited, many live in substandard houses packed together with very little wages coming in. I don't know what to do and I don't think any one else has a perfect solution. This is no longer just a problem for the border states this is a problem for the whole country. What do we do with all the children that are citizens when we send thier parents back? Latinos are not the only people coming in, Chinese are coming in by the thousands and a lot of Arabs are still here on expired student visas not to mention all the people that come in as tourists and don't go back. I don't care about people speaking thier own language but please don't get annoyed at me because I don't speak Spainish. I do not hate or dislike these people I find most of them very pleasant and hardworking, I worry that because thier are so many they won't assimilate, look at Miami and it is definately happening in Tampa. I do not have have any prejudice toward any one, nor have I ever I am just concerned. By the way the Spainish were here in Florida first.
FYI- check your history. The Spaniards sold the Florida region

Old 09-21-2006, 08:19 AM

504 posts, read 1,764,555 times
I should have said the Native Americans were here first, than the Spainish, I know it was sold but it didn't stop them for being here first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia