Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2008, 12:10 PM

1 posts, read 5,682 times

Advertisements

Currently living in Sin City and am getting so tired of it! I am constantly looking on the historic homes websites and have found a home that I love! However, I do not know much about the Keysville, VA area and was hoping someone may be able to provide some! I am in my late 30's, married w/ children, horses and dogs and need to take many factors into consideration: proximity to schools, employment, shopping, medical care, etc. Please, if anyone knows anything about this area, I would greatly appreciate your forwarding it to me! Thanks in advance for your time!

Tricia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2008, 05:48 PM

1,222 posts, read 5,148,745 times
Hi Tricia. Keysville is in Charlotte County, which is a couple of counties away from where I grew up. I am including the link to the official county government site in the hopes that you can get a bit more information (Charlotte County Virginia (broken link)). The area is very rural and that will probably be a bit of a culture shock for you. Not sure if I have helped any, but maybe a tad? Good luck in your research.

Old 04-09-2008, 01:04 PM

96 posts, read 385,735 times
Keysville is sort of out-of-the-way, and there are some nice historic homes in the Town, but for the most part Keysville is isolated and located in a fairly depressed area (old tobacco region, textiles planst have all moved to Mexico, etc.)

If you are interested in living in Southside Virginia, then Farmville, about 20 miles north would likely offer the same pace of life, with lots of more cultual and employment opportunties; plus Farmville is the location of Longwood University as the Town essentially services as the main hub for the region. Plus it's an attractive Town as well...

Old 11-13-2008, 08:44 PM

2 posts, read 7,549 times
Default Keysville

[FONT=Verdana]My wife and I moved to Keysville about four years ago. We love it, the pace is slow the people are great and the schools are very good as well.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]Housing prices are low the only problem is a lack of jobs in the area. So if you can figure a way to make a living its one of the greatest places on earth to raise a family.[/FONT]
We own a B&B here in Keysville come see us and we will show you around.
[URL="http://www.roselawn.us"]www.roselawn.us[/URL]

Old 11-21-2008, 10:36 AM

17 posts, read 40,553 times
Hi I moved to Meherrin near Keysville in 2006, I wish I had the internet sooner, I think this forum would have been helpful. All the people in Keysville and Farmville are great, but I am trying to sell now because we just couldnt get our business going here, we came from Annapolis,MD and did have horses, but had to give them up to a good home, I am a petsitter, and ther was just not enough customers and the distances so great, now gas went down its better, if one had an internet orsome way to work from home, than this place is very nice, can anyone tell me about petsitting in Colonial Heights, I think i found a house swap there,also my husband is a metalsmith, he would need to find a workspace nearby if anyone knows of one.

Old 12-04-2012, 08:52 AM
zzt

1 posts, read 2,462 times
Default Wanna move to Keysville? DON'T!!!

Keysville is an armpit.
The people are friendly and polite, but they are tribal, and will think nothing of stabbing you in the back if your family has not lived there for generations.
The government is corrupt, and the people are backward.

The biggest thing commending Keysville is it's failure.
If you want to live in a community with limited resources, a place in permanent decline where there is nothing to do but grow tobacco or cattle within a one hour radius, Keysville could be for you.
This could be beneficial if you want to keep your kids out of trouble or hide from modern society.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia