Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2007, 12:05 PM

2 posts, read 4,094 times

Advertisements

I need some advise on a situation with the City of Lynchburg's Risk Management office. Last week my wife was following a city vehicle that was painting the center stripe and was several cars behind it. They were placing cones and moving at the time as well but the painting process was not visible immediately. When she got home she found yellow paint all over the side of her red car. We called the City Public Works Department and explained to them what had happened. They connected me to the Risk Management's office representative. I explained to him what had happened and he told me to take my car to Fairview Auto Sales on Old Forest Road and they would use a steam cleaner to remove the paint. He also told me to get a receipt and get back with him. I immediately called Fairview Auto, made an appointment for Monday morning of this week, and they took care of the problem for $200 and gave us a receipt. When I called Risk Management back he informed me that the City had placed cones and signs on the road warning of the work being done and they would not cover any repairs to our vehicle.

My question is when Risk Management told us to take the vehicle to a specific location for repair and to get a receipt for the work, did they not verbally authorize the repair? He never implied that the City would not cover the repairs or that an investigation may result in not covering them. His first conversation with me implied that the City would cover the repair and reimburse us for the work. Does anyone have a similar "verbal" aggreement experience with the legal issued defined? Please advise.

Last edited by TerryLJam; 10-18-2007 at 12:06 PM.. Reason: font info imbedded in text
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia