Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2008, 09:19 PM

27 posts, read 140,194 times

Advertisements

I have narrowed down my college list to these two colleges. Is anyone willing to compare and contrast these two colleges? If you think one of them is better than the other, please explain. Thanks

Your opinion is appreciated!
p.s I am an international student and I have not visited either shcool.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2008, 05:36 AM

27 posts, read 140,194 times
any opinions?

Old 04-06-2008, 07:23 PM

1,799 posts, read 6,316,533 times
U of R's campus is beautiful and it's a well respected school.

Old 04-09-2008, 08:41 PM

1,250 posts, read 4,785,137 times
Yes, I would choose U of R.
University of Richmond was one my choices for college but I could not attend due to some issues which im still a tad bit bitter about.

But....simply put, Univeristy of Richmond is a great school but its name also holds weight which could be very benefitial later in life (in search of career, or post-graduate studies, etc)

Old 04-25-2008, 08:50 AM

79 posts, read 342,362 times
Actually, Trinity is ranked 34 and Uof R is 40 of liberal art school in the US News World Report. They both carry weight and are well respected. If you plan on living in the Northeast after college..trinity will carry more weight. If you plan on living DC or south....UofR will carry more weight.

They are VERY similar campuses. Both are within 2 hours of major cities. One is Northeast and one is south. Very similar kind of students (both have lots of students from MA., NJ. & NY). I do think Uof R is more beautiful, I think it is in a nicer quality of neighborhood.

If you can't visit...the weather may be a factor. Up north you get beautiful falls and lots of snow (which is either good or bad...I like to ski...so pretty good). The south...nicer weather, milder winters.

I don't know your major....so one school might be better in that specific field.

Good Luck....both are good schools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia