Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2007, 10:52 AM

7 posts, read 36,208 times

Advertisements

NEED HELP WITH INFORMATION ON MOVING TO ANY OF THESE AREAS OR TO A BETTER AREA IF YOU HAVE ADVICE:

MONT CLAIR/WOODBRIDGE/LEELAND STATION, FREDRICKSBURG (SALEM FIELDS, FOX POINT, HERITAGE HILLS, CROWN GRANT) OR SPOTS (LEE'S PARK/HILL AREA)

WE ARE MOVING FROM UTAH AND NEED HELP IN FINDING A GOOD AREA FOR A 13 YEAR OLD WHO WILL BE IN 8TH GRADE. (HAVE TWO OTHER CHILDREN IN ELEMENTARY.) MY MAIN CONCERN IS COMMUTING TIME FOR MY HUSBAND TO FORT BELVOIR AND ALSO THE MIDDLE SCHOOL FOR MY 8TH GRADER. I WOULD ALSO LIKE ANY OPINIONS YOU HAVE ON COMMUTING USING THE VRE AND DRIVING I95. WE ARE LOOKING IN THE 400-500 PRICE RANGE WOULD LIKE 4-5 BEDS AND IN A GOOD RESELL AREA WITH THE SCHOOLS. JUST OVERWELMED AND ANY ADVICE OR HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. THANKS AND HAVE A GREAT DAY!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2007, 11:10 AM

3,041 posts, read 11,888,220 times
woodbridge commute to Ft Belvoir would be horrible on I-95 IMO.

I'd look in Kingstowne and springfield areas. For that price I doubt you can find a 5 bedroom maybe an older 4 bed. But a 3 bed is doable esp if you go the TH route. Other's more familiar with that area can chime in.

Old 05-07-2007, 11:14 AM

3,041 posts, read 11,888,220 times
OH I didn't see Frederickburg....NO WAY. That commute would be a killer.

Old 05-07-2007, 11:45 AM

39 posts, read 53,624 times
bump also interested

Old 05-07-2007, 03:35 PM

3 posts, read 12,659 times
My family currently lives in Leeland Station (we are military). We love the neighborhood! It has a VRE you can walk to. My husband was assigned to the Pentagon and later Ft. Belvoir. He would leave a car at Ft. Belvoir and then take the VRE in and drive in to work (or catch a ride with someone). To drive you have to leave pretty early in the morning or before 4 or after 6 to avoid a lot of traffic. If you are looking for a great neighborhood to live in check out Leeland Station...again we love it!

Old 05-07-2007, 03:39 PM

3 posts, read 12,659 times
Default Leeland Station

My family currently lives in Leeland Station and love it. My husband has been assigned to both the Pentagon and Ft. Belvoir. You can walk/bike to the VRE and take it in. My husband left an older vehicle at Ft. Belvoir and would take the train in, then drive to Belvoir or you can carpool in. Again, Leeland station is a great neighborhood with trails, clubhouse, dog park, etc.

Old 05-08-2007, 09:54 PM

7 posts, read 36,208 times
Thank you for your input and suggestions. I really appreciate it. I will check on the middle school for Leeland Station and see what it is like. Thanks,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia