Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 12:12 PM

10 posts, read 30,739 times

Advertisements

I was just at Rockville Town Center and saw a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom apartment for $3000. The area is brand new and the apartments are expensive but it offers a nice choice of restaurants and is close to the metro. The Kentlands in Gaithersburg is really nice but if you do not have a car, it is not too close to the metro. Kings Farm apartments are really nice and are walking distance to the metro, there is a shuttle from Kings Farms to the metro as well. When moving take a note of how much you will be spending in your commute, metro is expensive, parking can be expensive as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2011, 12:21 PM

703 posts, read 2,943,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveAlbuquerque View Post
Are there nice apartments in Kentlands in Gaithersburg? Is it a friendly community?
For the Kentlands, take a look at either Beacon Place Apartments or The Courts of Devon (slightly more expensive). Both are very nice places.

Just a note, don't be automatically put off by the 'advertised' rent prices shown on their websites because they usually offer incentives of up to $200 for 1-yr leases. You'll need to call them up to ask for their "move-in specials."

Old 06-07-2011, 01:37 PM

70 posts, read 198,587 times
Nowhere is closer to Rockville than Rockville itself.

Old 06-08-2011, 08:22 PM

721 posts, read 1,211,745 times
I only see White Flint Mall on the map. Where is White Flint Metro station? Is it close to the mall?

Old 06-08-2011, 08:57 PM

146 posts, read 374,914 times
It's north of the mall

Old 06-08-2011, 09:03 PM

A realtor sent me a listing of apartments in Rockville and Bethesda. The apartments look better than those I saw in Northern VA, in the similar price range. It seems that it's less crowded, and the apartments/buildings are in a better condition.

Is that because Northern VA is a more crowded place than MD? Or is it because the apartments I saw in VA (McLean, Arlington, Vienna, Reston) were not representative of the apartments in the area?

Old 06-09-2011, 12:23 PM

581 posts, read 1,172,768 times
I 2nd the white flint rec. There are a lot of newer condo's in that area in your price range. Many in walking distance to the metro, and Harris Teeter grocery store. Plus you will have a nice short reverse commute to rockville.

Old 06-09-2011, 03:23 PM

7,021 posts, read 11,317,487 times
Did the movering companies tell you that?

Old 06-09-2011, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westsideboy View Post
Did the movering companies tell you that?
It's 100 degrees today, and it's unbearable. Now I'm concerned about moving in the dead hot heat at the end of July. What if the movers refuse to move in extreme weather?

I called a moving company. They told me that they move any day of the year in any type of weather. It's comforting to know that.

Old 06-09-2011, 06:30 PM

7,021 posts, read 11,317,487 times
Yeah, the humidity is oppressive, but if you are in the moving business, or any other outdoor business I think you just learn to deal with it.

A funny ancedote. I was on vacation in New Mexico during the dead of summer once. All the locals I ran into when I told them I was Maryland would say "Oh, how are dealing with the heat?" I would try to explain to them that New Mexico was a dream compared to Maryland because of the dry air. 95, sunny, but no humidity is easy to deal with. Just drink plenty of water, and step into the shade. Nothing compared to 85 and muggy, where every drop of sweat just sticks to you and it is impossible to cool off.

I thought Albuquerque was pretty cool, but not as special as Santa Fe. It felt like a "big" small town, where everyone knew everyone else and a completely different country than Maryland. Georgia O'Keefe paintings suddenly made perfect sense to me. I guess that is what all the tourists say though
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland