Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 07:03 PM

1,106 posts, read 2,882,688 times

Advertisements

Montgomery County Daily: Montgomery county is America's second most liberal county!

Meh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2012, 10:20 PM

16,257 posts, read 43,176,087 times
Voting Democrat doesn't make someone a liberal.

The bigger question: Why is our Media and their Editors so seemingly inept? Do they really not know the difference between a Democrat and a Liberal to not be able to label things properly?

Old 02-02-2012, 09:13 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,770,890 times
Sheer nonsense.

MoCo should be #1.

Old 02-02-2012, 11:59 AM

3,236 posts, read 3,937,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
Voting Democrat doesn't make someone a liberal.

The bigger question: Why is our Media and their Editors so seemingly inept? Do they really not know the difference between a Democrat and a Liberal to not be able to label things properly?
Seems about right to me. They didn't put up places that vote more heavily Democratic, like Baltimore City and many black counties in the South that voted 80%+ Obama, they seemed to actually go for liberal places like where you could imagine 2 gay men kissing in public without repercussion and people have liberal attitudes rather than just going by Democratic registration/voting.

Old 02-02-2012, 04:21 PM

1,175 posts, read 2,899,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Sheer nonsense.

MoCo should be #1.
Yeah, who beat those bleeding hearts?

Old 02-02-2012, 10:08 PM

389 posts, read 796,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLynch10 View Post
Yeah, who beat those bleeding hearts?
According to the article, "The City and County of San Francisco." Still, it even beat out New York County, NY, (aka Manhattan) by a few spots.

Old 10-19-2012, 03:43 PM

3 posts, read 8,258 times
They also conflate being African American with being Liberal. I know I am an African American and quite liberal. Many many African Americans that vote Democratic are not liberal in the sense that Republicans and conservatives believe. Believe me I know. Unfortunately I have heard many opinions and statements coming from fellow African Americans that hurt my liberal ears. Many Blacks that vote for Democrats only do so because Republicans disrespect them by calling Black people welfare cheats, slackers, and losers every four years to appeal to the bigots in their current base. If the Republicans ever wise up and learn that you can't insult and disrespect people and then expect them to vote for you they would cut into the African American and Hispanic voting blocks.

Old 10-19-2012, 07:25 PM

304 posts, read 713,670 times
Sounds about right to me. Montgomery County residents seem to be stereotypically liberal: they are nonchalant about real issues that affect everyone (i.e. illegal immigration — they want a wide open door for everyone and aren't worried about securing our borders and cracking down on illegal aliens flocking to the county); it's heavily democratic; hipster greenies galore driving their hybrids and electric cars to their fancy organic markets like Whole Foods or Harris Teeter with their iPhones at arms reach; and while MoCo has attracted a notable amount of big business, it's still nowhere near a business friendly environment. There's really not much more I feel I need to touch on. Just those relatively few examples are stereotypically liberal IMO.

Old 10-19-2012, 10:01 PM

200 posts, read 293,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenzyroyster View Post
They also conflate being African American with being Liberal. I know I am an African American and quite liberal. Many many African Americans that vote Democratic are not liberal in the sense that Republicans and conservatives believe. Believe me I know. Unfortunately I have heard many opinions and statements coming from fellow African Americans that hurt my liberal ears. Many Blacks that vote for Democrats only do so because Republicans disrespect them by calling Black people welfare cheats, slackers, and losers every four years to appeal to the bigots in their current base. If the Republicans ever wise up and learn that you can't insult and disrespect people and then expect them to vote for you they would cut into the African American and Hispanic voting blocks.

The best liberal democrat is a wealthy white man. The KKK was led by democrats. I don't know if republicans are calling out blacks as welfare cheats in particular; the media puts those words in their mouths and many believe what they hear/read. The MSM is really good at that. Conservatives are in favor of reducing the size of government and stopping the bloodletting in the form of borrowing money to keep floating what exists now. I hate to say it but the federal government has too many agencies and employs too many people to staff them.
A lot of those agencies should be on the state level. A 10% cut across the board would be a good start. Would it affect this area? Yes, but think of the people who move here from all over the USA for those positions that could be filled by existing citizens of the area. Given that, the people who currently live here would still work.
Bigot is going a bit far as it can be applied to democrats as well. If people ever looked to what conservative values are they may find they agree with them.
Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness anyone?

Old 10-20-2012, 02:24 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,688,898 times
They're limousine liberals, or lexus liberals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland