Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2014, 10:14 AM

2,380 posts, read 4,516,197 times

Advertisements

More redneck than Thurmont?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2014, 10:38 AM

673 posts, read 1,187,665 times
No Edgewater is Redneck for Anne Arundel county.

Old 01-29-2014, 07:51 PM

607 posts, read 1,373,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stpickrell View Post
More redneck than Thurmont?
Thurmont's definitely pretty rednecky, but then again so is a large amount of Frederick County (though thankfully that's changing due to the influence of DC suburbia).

Old 01-29-2014, 08:49 PM

7,020 posts, read 11,310,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David_J View Post
Thurmont's definitely pretty rednecky, but then again so is a large amount of Frederick County (though thankfully that's changing due to the influence of DC suburbia).
Seriously? Why live in a county with the express desire to see its traditional culture be destroyed. If Montgomery County transplant living is more your style, why not move back there?

Old 01-30-2014, 03:09 AM

45,396 posts, read 60,575,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westsideboy View Post
Seriously? Why live in a county with the express desire to see its traditional culture be destroyed. If Montgomery County transplant living is more your style, why not move back there?

And when that traditional culture disappears the same people who cheered that movement on will be the first ones to bemoan the disappearance of a way of life.

It's happened down here.

"We love this place but this is what has to change".

Old 01-30-2014, 09:58 AM

13,650 posts, read 20,777,671 times
A friend once told me Edgewater was rather on the redneck side.

However, a black colleague's son lives there and has had no problems.

So I doubt any voter registration workers need fear for their lives.

Old 01-30-2014, 03:29 PM

57 posts, read 106,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite_heights77 View Post
I lived in Joppatowne, MD from 1981-1991. I can definitely tell you about Edgewood, MD. Personally, I think the towns of Fallston, Northeast/Rising Sun and Churchville take this most coveted award as most Redneck in Harford County. Edgewood is not too far behind.
Where to start...

1. Fallston and Churchville are not towns.
2. Rising Sun is ten miles from North East
3. Neither Rising Sun nor North East are in Harford County

Old 02-02-2014, 11:57 AM

103 posts, read 286,813 times
I personally don't find it "redneck." It's country, yes, but not redneck. I think Egdewater is nice. There is an area nearby, Harwood/Lothian, that's more of a redneck area than Edgewater. I'm pretty sure it has it's redneck parts, and the local high school there (South River High School) has a very small black population and a very large white population. I've never heard of any problems with racism there though. It seems fine for the most part. It's a nice watery area

Old 02-02-2014, 09:13 PM

11,108 posts, read 23,888,805 times
It's not a bad place and it's very family friendly, but it is rednecky. I don't think there are any racial issues at all. My son goes to South River High and he says many of the kids are rednecks. (The school seems very good though) When you drive around, there are always large pickup trucks speeding around spinning tires and spewing black smoke. But then there are a lot of really nice cars too. Seems like a mix of locals which seem to be the redneck crowd and the newer residents that commute to DC, Baltimore etc which tend to be more white collar type crowd. It's interesting.

I just find it odd that my kids call the area redneck even though they are from suburban Kansas City. We moved from the midwest and my kids went from a large 100% suburban school district to a district that is at least half rural. I don't think they expected it and neither did I.

Edgewater has many nice areas it seems though and the people are nice enough.

Old 10-14-2015, 12:42 PM

11,108 posts, read 23,888,805 times
I knew it!

These Are The 10 Most Redneck Cities In Maryland - RoadSnacks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland