Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2016, 02:49 PM

32 posts, read 34,267 times

Advertisements

Hi,

Searching on the internet I found this really useful forum.

I would appreaciate if someone could give me some advice about which areas should I target. I will work at the FDA. I am single and I would like to have social life with young people and young professionals like me.

What areas should I go and no-go?

From now I heard of Silver Spring (but I am afraid it might be too boring for me). I do not consider going for a superb as a nightlife. For me, nightlife means more meeting people...

What about College Park? Is it a nice place to meet new people?

and what about Arlington?

Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2016, 05:27 PM

1,616 posts, read 1,808,528 times
your website name is funny…. white oak is not really young professionals its in montgoemry county and is boring. mostly government workers there. i guess u into just socializing with folks so that area is not for you. but yah go to clubs in hyattsvile like coco cabana or dc. folks like you usually hang out in bethesda or something or downtown silver spring. and arlington i don’t know. there is a va forum. btw are u looking for ladies?

Old 02-01-2016, 05:39 PM

thanks for your reply! by the way your nickname is funny as well

Yes! I am looking for ladies... but I am not really sure where should I start. It will be my first move MD.

I think finding the right building will be a good starting point (hanging out in the gym or pool) but of course, I do not want to hang out in a place full of families because it is not the "single atmosphere".

I guessed that maybe in College Park might be more "single movement" but I do not know...

Old 02-02-2016, 05:36 AM

219 posts, read 595,136 times
I think Downtown Silver Spring would be the best fit for you since it is pretty close to your job at the FDA plus a lot of young professionals are there and are actively moving into the area.

I recommend looking for a place near the Silver Spring metro station so you can have easy access to DC as well.

Good luck!

Old 02-02-2016, 06:18 AM

13,374 posts, read 27,049,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuagmireRules View Post
I think finding the right building will be a good starting point (hanging out in the gym or pool) but of course, I do not want to hang out in a place full of families because it is not the "single atmosphere".
Try a luxury building like the Solaire or Eleven55 Ripley in downtown Silver Spring.

Old 02-02-2016, 10:09 AM

712 posts, read 1,093,275 times
Downtown Silver Spring

Old 02-02-2016, 10:33 AM

18,549 posts, read 15,590,462 times
Quote:
Hi,

Searching on the internet I found this really useful forum.

I would appreaciate if someone could give me some advice about which areas should I target. I will work at the FDA. I am single and I would like to have social life with young people and young professionals like me.

What areas should I go and no-go?

From now I heard of Silver Spring (but I am afraid it might be too boring for me). I do not consider going for a superb as a nightlife. For me, nightlife means more meeting people...

What about College Park? Is it a nice place to meet new people?

and what about Arlington?

Thank you
College Park is a college town. Silver Spring has a fairly dense downtown area and lots of traffic lights. Even if either of those is low on nightlife, they probably have more than Greenbelt or Beltsville as the latter two are "really" suburban while Silver Spring is basically urban, at least downtown.

If you live near the Metro station in College Park, Greenbelt, Takoma Park, or Silver Spring, you can get to downtown Washington, DC on the train in as little as 25 minutes during the busier times, though delays are not uncommon.

Old 02-02-2016, 03:20 PM

1,616 posts, read 1,808,528 times
college park is not a college town. but yah he could meet some single people there who go to umd. but pg county sucks for meeting woman no offence

Old 02-03-2016, 08:26 AM

I am really sad to read that PG county sucks for meeting woman... (I read a lot of times so... it is not a good sign). Is the situation much better in DC or in VA?

Old 02-03-2016, 09:04 AM

18,549 posts, read 15,590,462 times
Quote:
I am really sad to read that PG county sucks for meeting woman... (I read a lot of times so... it is not a good sign). Is the situation much better in DC or in VA?
Don't live too far from work. If you have a long commute you will have NO TIME to meet women!!! Traffic in DC is horrible and so is the Metro!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland