Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2017, 03:15 PM

662 posts, read 784,200 times

Advertisements

What is going on with the diner and the car parts store? They're owned by the same person and I haven't seen any work on either property....and that hotel next to the diner was supposed to be demolished as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2017, 06:50 AM

7,083 posts, read 9,578,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingbutnotlost View Post
What is going on with the diner and the car parts store? They're owned by the same person and I haven't seen any work on either property....and that hotel next to the diner was supposed to be demolished as well.
I think the owners figured out that it wouldn't be worth it to put money into the diner when the whole block is going to be redeveloped. I REALLY miss that diner and had hoped they would have re-opened despite the pending redevelopment.

The developers for the Gateway project are in talks with the current owners of the properties involved including the Quality Inn and Suites. They are not supposed to break ground until sometime in 2018.

We all know how real estate deals can go. A good example is the liquor store between the University Village and Varsity projects. The store owners refused all offers and the developers had to build around them.

The Langley Park Transit Center was held up by the owner of the Taco Bell. So, I'm not holding my breath on this project. I'll be surprised if they break ground on schedule in 2018.

As far as the auto parts store goes, I haven't seen or heard anything about the wine bar and cafe project. Which means that project could already be dead before it got started. I wouldn't be surprised if a developer is looking to develop that corner and the neighboring laundry mat into something else and is currently in talks to purchase both properties.

Old 02-28-2017, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyRoma View Post
I think this place will do well. I like their performance programming and how they want to target the non-college crowd. The garage doors will open up both downstairs and upstairs and draw patrons in. The food choices sound interesting as well. College Park needs fresh menus other than pizza and Asian foods.

Hopefully, the third interation is the charm for this property.

1. Thirsty Turtle
2. Barking Dog
3. Milkboy + Arthouse

Old 03-02-2017, 11:56 AM

206 posts, read 210,199 times
Vigilante Coffee in Hyattsville announced that it would open a cafe in the former No. 1 Liquors store on Baltimore Avenue. The University had taken over the property about a month ago. https://berwynmd.nextdoor.com/post/4...ase_final.docx

Old 03-02-2017, 12:58 PM

283 posts, read 322,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post
I think this place will do well. I like their performance programming and how they want to target the non-college crowd. The garage doors will open up both downstairs and upstairs and draw patrons in. The food choices sound interesting as well. College Park needs fresh menus other than pizza and Asian foods.

Hopefully, the third interation is the charm for this property.

1. Thirsty Turtle
2. Barking Dog
3. Milkboy + Arthouse
More like the 5th or 6th iteration. The Cellar/Paragon and wasn't it Terrapin Station?

This is such a different concept from the dive bars that preceded it.

Old 03-02-2017, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catcprtc View Post
Vigilante Coffee in Hyattsville announced that it would open a cafe in the former No. 1 Liquors store on Baltimore Avenue. The University had taken over the property about a month ago. https://berwynmd.nextdoor.com/post/4...ase_final.docx
I assume we have to be part of the Berwyn Neighborhood to read the doc? Anyway, great news. I hope it is a cafe where they serve breakfast. I miss Platos. Dennys is just too chainy for me.

Old 03-02-2017, 03:20 PM

662 posts, read 784,200 times
Quote:
I assume we have to be part of the Berwyn Neighborhood to read the doc? Anyway, great news. I hope it is a cafe where they serve breakfast. I miss Platos. Dennys is just too chainy for me.
No it's just a word doc of the press release which is also here: https://umdrightnow.umd.edu/news/vig...-park-addition

I was hoping they would open further south so I could walk there. I won't visit it in this location. Hyattsville will have more parking but I suspect it's not for people who would need to drive there.

But this is good news.

Old 03-02-2017, 05:48 PM

1,616 posts, read 1,809,700 times
Quote:
what happened to college park diner the food used to be good there

Old 03-02-2017, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingbutnotlost View Post
No it's just a word doc of the press release which is also here: https://umdrightnow.umd.edu/news/vig...-park-addition

I was hoping they would open further south so I could walk there. I won't visit it in this location. Hyattsville will have more parking but I suspect it's not for people who would need to drive there.

But this is good news.
THanks for the link.

Old 03-02-2017, 09:22 PM

2,288 posts, read 3,941,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyRoma View Post
More like the 5th or 6th iteration. The Cellar/Paragon and wasn't it Terrapin Station?

This is such a different concept from the dive bars that preceded it.
Lupo's Italian Chophouse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland