Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 11:26 PM

41 posts, read 138,373 times

Advertisements

What can you tell me about the White Hall Subdivision? How safe is it?

Thanks in advance!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2008, 07:41 AM

1,389 posts, read 6,299,350 times
If the subdivision is in Bowie,Upper Marlboro,Aquasco,Brandywine,Clinton, Mitchellville,Largo,Glenndale,Fort Washington the area is safe and you and you family will be fine.
I live in Upper Marlboro so I can tell you more then those who do not live in the county.

Old 07-19-2008, 09:47 AM

7,083 posts, read 9,561,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscalder View Post
If the subdivision is in Bowie,Upper Marlboro,Aquasco,Brandywine,Clinton, Mitchellville,Largo,Glenndale,Fort Washington the area is safe and you and you family will be fine.
I live in Upper Marlboro so I can tell you more then those who do not live in the county.
Actually you've offended those who don't live in the areas you mentioned. When someone asks you which areas are safe in an entire county, it's not about what you hear on the news or even in the police blotter. I've lived in SE DC and have never been robbed, threatened or harmed, and used to hang out at night as a teenager. Yet, I was robbed, in NW DC closer to Georgetown and approached by a crackhead in Gaithersburg. Seemingly "safe " areas for people to live in. If you have to walk 10 blocks from a bus stop or train station coming home from work at midnight, I don't think any area is safe. Are your kids troublemakers who stay out all night? Then your family may draw attention from undesirables. Or are they well behaved and come in before dark? Safe is what you make it. Not necessarily where you live. Like I keep telling people. I live in Adelphi and have left my front door unlocked many times. When my central a/c wasn't working, I put a fan in the front door and it was wide open all night long on many nights. My car door has been left unlocked overnight. I've had my Sirius radio unit in my car (left on at night which glows orange) and it wasn't stolen. Yet, you failed to mention Adelphi or even College Park. What about Laurel? Greenbelt? Beltsville? Konterra? Accokeek? Hyattsville? Suitland (who will benefit from the BRAC (Andrews Air Force Base)? I've been to all places and have seen very nice areas to live in each of them.

You are the face of this county. If you're going to name "safe" places, name them all please. Not just one's you don't read about in the paper. Prince Georges County is much bigger than what you suggested. It's preferable not to mention neighborhoods at all. But leave it up to the person to do the research on their own and to visit the place and talk to the people who live there. There are "safe" places to live in every neighborhood. Even in SE DC. You may be keeping someone from living near wonderful neighbors or keeping those people that have lived there from a great new neighbor. I think sometimes we foster those same stereotypes about our county that we have to repeatedly renounce.

Old 07-19-2008, 10:07 AM

144 posts, read 630,810 times
^^ Excellent post. I think Iscalder would agree with you as she has mentioned areas you mentioned many times as places people can reside in.

My issue is with people who don't live in the county bash the entire county and mislead people because of their own hateful agenda.

Old 07-19-2008, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post
Actually you've offended those who don't live in the areas you mentioned. When someone asks you which areas are safe in an entire county, it's not about what you hear on the news or even in the police blotter. I've lived in SE DC and have never been robbed, threatened or harmed, and used to hang out at night as a teenager. Yet, I was robbed, in NW DC closer to Georgetown and approached by a crackhead in Gaithersburg. Seemingly "safe " areas for people to live in. If you have to walk 10 blocks from a bus stop or train station coming home from work at midnight, I don't think any area is safe. Are your kids troublemakers who stay out all night? Then your family may draw attention from undesirables. Or are they well behaved and come in before dark? Safe is what you make it. Not necessarily where you live. Like I keep telling people. I live in Adelphi and have left my front door unlocked many times. When my central a/c wasn't working, I put a fan in the front door and it was wide open all night long on many nights. My car door has been left unlocked overnight. I've had my Sirius radio unit in my car (left on at night which glows orange) and it wasn't stolen. Yet, you failed to mention Adelphi or even College Park. What about Laurel? Greenbelt? Beltsville? Konterra? Accokeek? Hyattsville? Suitland (who will benefit from the BRAC (Andrews Air Force Base)? I've been to all places and have seen very nice areas to live in each of them.

You are the face of this county. If you're going to name "safe" places, name them all please. Not just one's you don't read about in the paper. Prince Georges County is much bigger than what you suggested. It's preferable not to mention neighborhoods at all. But leave it up to the person to do the research on their own and to visit the place and talk to the people who live there. There are "safe" places to live in every neighborhood. Even in SE DC. You may be keeping someone from living near wonderful neighbors or keeping those people that have lived there from a great new neighbor. I think sometimes we foster those same stereotypes about our county that we have to repeatedly renounce.
Ok I missed a few areas I do know the safe and not so safe areas in Pg. The areas you mention are safe/nice areas. I have list those areas in other post before as been safe. I am guessing you are new or have missed my other post. I always say positive things about PG county. I know the good and the bad and for PG county I know the good out weigh the bad.

Old 07-20-2008, 05:15 PM

331 posts, read 1,197,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post

Whew! You're worse than me. I thought I was crazy. I used to live in Landover and have left my door unlocked. Even went out of town one weekend and couldn't get the lock right on the back door so I left it as it was, unlocked! That was 2 years ago.

I liked your post though.

To the original poster: Where is Whitehall? Never heard of it.

Old 07-20-2008, 05:53 PM

646 posts, read 2,667,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscalder View Post
Ok I missed a few areas I do know the safe and not so safe areas in Pg. The areas you mention are safe/nice areas. I have list those areas in other post before as been safe. I am guessing you are new or have missed my other post. I always say positive things about PG county. I know the good and the bad and for PG county I know the good out weigh the bad.
What are some of the "not so safe" ares the you mention?

Old 07-21-2008, 12:16 AM

41 posts, read 138,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaisedWell View Post
Whew! You're worse than me. I thought I was crazy. I used to live in Landover and have left my door unlocked. Even went out of town one weekend and couldn't get the lock right on the back door so I left it as it was, unlocked! That was 2 years ago.

I liked your post though.

To the original poster: Where is Whitehall? Never heard of it.
Well, It's very funny because there are many houses that I'm interested in on that area in Accokeek, but my GPS, didn't show up any of the street names. I just wanted to drive around to see the area, but well I guess tomorrow I'll give it a shot during the day.

I would appreciate any help and info, since right now I'm in MD looking for the huse in order to relocate.

Old 07-21-2008, 08:23 AM

Accokeek is very nice/quiet area. I like the area. Very very low crime if any crime. The area is semi-rural.

Old 07-27-2008, 09:14 AM

3 posts, read 7,632 times
Try Glenn Dale, MD. It's small, clean and VERY quiet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland