Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 11:31 AM

32,101 posts, read 34,714,145 times

Advertisements

Think about it. Let's say you are an attractive black woman (7/7.5, 25 years old, 20.1 BMI). 80% of black women are either overweight or obese, so you fall into an exclusive category of black women by simply resisting the urge to pump yourself full with cookie dough straight from the tube. Moreover, you don't have kids and you're college educated, so that puts you into the top 1.5% of black women in the Metro area. You're attractive, thin, childless, and educated. You are a force to be reckoned with.

Men throw themselves at you everywhere you go for the mere fact that your thinness and relative attractiveness puts you head and shoulders above the competition. And since this is Washington, DC, these are not your average black men. These are doctors, lawyers, business owners, politicos, etc. Lots of high status men. You can get flown out to LA for All-Star weekend by a high-powered attorney one week and then wined and dined by a radiologist the next. Would you even be excited about meeting guys like this when they're asking you out all the time? The best part of it all is that you can save all of your money and enjoy a lifestyle that you are unable to provide for yourself.

You walk right up to the front of the line at Park and walk in as if you own the place. Drinks, bottle service, and VIP admission are a foregone conclusion.

What's the incentive to ever settle down? Wouldn't DC be a dating Mecca for black women?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2011, 11:50 AM

257 posts, read 458,300 times
Whats wrong with big women? I mean i'm a big dude myself, but there are lot of cute big females in the D.C. area. Too many skinny females are cocky out here. Big women seem more real to me.

Old 02-09-2011, 12:10 PM

Location: Standing outside of heaven, wating for God to come and get me.
1,382 posts, read 3,715,972 times
I am going to just skip out of this topic instead starting a long debate with Bajan..

Old 02-09-2011, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Breathing Fire View Post
Whats wrong with big women? I mean i'm a big dude myself, but there are lot of cute big females in the D.C. area. Too many skinny females are cocky out here. Big women seem more real to me.
They're cocky because they're becoming increasingly rare. If you take ten normal guys, and put them in a club with 9 Monique lookalikes and 1 slim chick who's a 6, those ten guys will have no choice but attempt to dance with the one thin chick. I have seen this nightmare scenario play out one too many times in clubs from DC to Atlanta. All of the guys basically hover around the slim 6, planning their angle of attack, while the fat chicks head for the seats. The 6's head gets boosted and she acts like she's a 10. And for all intents and purposes, at that given time, she is. She leaves the club with a great sense of satisfaction after a night of rejecting dozens of men who would be suitable under any other circumstances.

Last edited by BajanYankee; 02-09-2011 at 12:20 PM..

Old 02-09-2011, 12:21 PM

720 posts, read 1,554,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Think about it. Let's say you are an attractive black woman (7/7.5, 25 years old, 20.1 BMI). 80% of black women are either overweight or obese, so you fall into an exclusive category of black women by simply resisting the urge to pump yourself full with cookie dough straight from the tube. Moreover, you don't have kids and you're college educated, so that puts you into the top 1.5% of black women in the Metro area. You're attractive, thin, childless, and educated. You are a force to be reckoned with.

Men throw themselves at you everywhere you go for the mere fact that your thinness and relative attractiveness puts you head and shoulders above the competition. And since this is Washington, DC, these are not your average black men. These are doctors, lawyers, business owners, politicos, etc. Lots of high status men. You can get flown out to LA for All-Star weekend by a high-powered attorney one week and then wined and dined by a radiologist the next. Would you even be excited about meeting guys like this when they're asking you out all the time? The best part of it all is that you can save all of your money and enjoy a lifestyle that you are unable to provide for yourself.

You walk right up to the front of the line at Park and walk in as if you own the place. Drinks, bottle service, and VIP admission are a foregone conclusion.

What's the incentive to ever settle down? Wouldn't DC be a dating Mecca for black women?
Problem is this fantasy scenario would only work for about 7 or 8 years. After that all of a sudden she's in her 30's now. Her metabolism starts to slow down and unless she's in the gym consistently the figure is now harder to keep. Even if she is able to work at it, she's not as physically appealing to these same dudes as the new 21-25yr olds. Maybe one of the many dudes she's been with gets her knocked up. Then what?

Old 02-09-2011, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC Bossman View Post
Problem is this fantasy scenario would only work for about 7 or 8 years. After that all of a sudden she's in her 30's now. Her metabolism starts to slow down and unless she's in the gym consistently the figure is now harder to keep. Even if she is able to work at it, she's not as physically appealing to these same dudes as the new 21-25yr olds. Maybe one of the many dudes she's been with gets her knocked up. Then what?
But wouldn't those 7 or 8 years be glorious? I mean, would you rather live like Gilbert Arenas for 10 years and be broke for the rest of your life or live a long, stable life as an Average Joe earning 50K a year? Wouldn't it be better to experience a lifestyle that 99.999% of the rest of Earth's population could only dream of...even if it is only for a few years?

Old 02-09-2011, 12:32 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,474,269 times
I always thought is was a mecca for black men in DC. I see tons of hot to decent looking black women in dc searching for a man. And I always here them complain about not being able to find a good man half the time.

Old 02-09-2011, 12:35 PM

16,259 posts, read 43,190,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC Bossman View Post
That's what it comes down to.

Women only have a small window of opportunity to attract the best guy. Guys can easily waste those few years of hers without committing, especially with a girl like the one the OP describes. She seems like excessive high maintenance for any guy to try to 'nab'.

In short, her best years are wasted. Those kind of guys that the OP is describing, however, who've earned their education and degrees and incomes, will quickly move on to the next girl who thinks like her but is 5-10 years younger.

Old 02-09-2011, 01:14 PM

Location: Standing outside of heaven, wating for God to come and get me.
1,382 posts, read 3,715,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
I always thought is was a mecca for black men in DC. I see tons of hot to decent looking black women in dc searching for a man. And I always here them complain about not being able to find a good man half the time.
Shots fired...

Old 02-09-2011, 01:18 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,984,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Maybe they want a family or a stable relationship. Dating just to be dating is just an empty life unless you have accepted that you will be single for the rest of your life, and even if you got to that point, then what do you accomplish by dating? There are a lot of fake people, men and women, so why would you want to continually put yourself around those people that probably only want to be around you for a reason instead of people who actually care for you. I mean those women would settle down for the same reason why us guys settle down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
View detailed profiles of: