Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 11:29 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,711,259 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jifie View Post
That was my point as well, that every city is going to have something wrong with it, it's just which one has the least wrong with it. And beauty is, as always, in the eye of the beholder and I'm sure that there are people that would defend Detroit being a most livable city to the death.

Oh and don't sleep on Pgh schools, while they may not be all the way there, I do believe they can at least compete with chicagos list:
University of Pittsburgh
Duquesne university
Chatham university
Robert Morris
Carnegie Mellon
Carnegie Mellon is the closest on that list and still comes up a little short of Northwestern and certainly short of University of Chicago in terms of overall reputation. I agree that Chicago's probably the best value big city and I think it should top this list. Its downtown and lakefront are so beautiful and there's no shortage of great restaurants, theater, shopping, nightlife, and transit. I heard some major tech companies have been eyeing it for many of these reasons. Weather? whatever. People make too big a deal out of heat and cold. I prefer 4 seasons over what we get here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
View detailed profiles of: