Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 09:36 AM

1,211 posts, read 1,534,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokerstars View Post
DC is great, the people are not. Government/non-profit attracts the ugliest, most bland people on earth. Despite women outnumbering men in the area, the huge amount of defense/IT places ensure a sausagefest in many night venues.

The quality of attractiveness of both men and women (but especially the women) can't hold a candle to NYC/LA/Miami. Hordes of transplant chubby white girls with master's degrees in Public Policy who think that makes up for their complete lack of style, feminity, or fitness. So many man-jawed women with bad complexions, and the 'natives' are even more disgusting.

Yes, blank statements, exceptions, etc yada yada. Deal with it.

Agreed 100%. I just got back from a trip to LA and went to a nightclub.

I was shocked...shocked at the quality of women down there and how friggin friendly they are compared to women out here.

The pasty skinned man jawed women out here have big egos to boost their ugliness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2012, 10:43 AM

837 posts, read 1,798,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
live in MoCo/Fairfax, problem solved

but I get what you're saying.
To be fair, there's a big difference between living in Fairfax and in say, the Burleith area in DC.

I stand by my estimate, 200K for a family in DC will afford you a decidedly upper-middle class lifestyle, but not an affluent "I summer in Europe" one.

Old 02-14-2012, 11:15 AM

4,036 posts, read 9,246,901 times
Quote:
DC is great, the people are not. Government/non-profit attracts the ugliest, most bland people on earth. Despite women outnumbering men in the area, the huge amount of defense/IT places ensure a sausagefest in many night venues.

The quality of attractiveness of both men and women (but especially the women) can't hold a candle to NYC/LA/Miami. Hordes of transplant chubby white girls with master's degrees in Public Policy who think that makes up for their complete lack of style, feminity, or fitness. So many man-jawed women with bad complexions, and the 'natives' are even more disgusting.

Yes, blank statements, exceptions, etc yada yada. Deal with it.
Is this directed at me?

What is "Deal with it." supposed to mean?

Maybe its you versus the people. You sit around talking about how ugly someone is like a middle schooler. If you have a negative I'm better-than-all-these-people attitude then you aren't going to attract hotties. Just saying.

Don't yada yada the things I write. Plain and simple that's disrespectful.

Anywho. DC has plenty of thin people particularly in the city versus the suburbs. If a girl isn't your cup of tea move on the next one. I mean Florida is like one of the most fattest unhealthiest states. People in DC and points north are way thinner than down south.

Old 02-14-2012, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagotodc View Post
To be fair, there's a big difference between living in Fairfax and in say, the Burleith area in DC.

I stand by my estimate, 200K for a family in DC will afford you a decidedly upper-middle class lifestyle, but not an affluent "I summer in Europe" one.
Well to me it sounds like you're going by a particular lifestyle versus just being comfortable. Burleith? Had to google that one. So the neighborhood just north of Georgetown???? Well that's this hypothetical families problem they're trying to live large and in charge in Georegtown. There are other neighborhoods in the District that are nice and safe with cheaper housing. Tell the hypothetical family to try something east of Rock Creek Park.

Old 02-14-2012, 11:49 AM

465 posts, read 928,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrence81 View Post
Is this directed at me?

What is "Deal with it." supposed to mean?
Why would it be directed at you? My statement was intended for everyone.

Old 02-14-2012, 12:05 PM

999 posts, read 2,011,853 times
Seriously, you should.

Quote:
I tell my friends considering a move: no less than $100K a year if single; $200K a year for family and $250K would be better.

Old 02-14-2012, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Why would it be directed at you? My statement was intended for everyone.
Well it seemed like it was directed at me. I'm sorry but I have a problem with people making blanket statements and putting stereotypes onto people. Its just not nice. That is definitely a problem in DC a lack of manners. Either way I was offended and felt the need to address.

Old 02-14-2012, 01:30 PM

3,546 posts, read 8,565,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrence81 View Post
That is definitely a problem in DC a lack of manners.
Yes, and it's typified by Comic Book Guy-types sitting in their parents' basements bashing out angry screeds on internet message boards about how all of the women in DC are ugly.

Old 02-14-2012, 01:38 PM

5,125 posts, read 10,093,185 times
Quote:
Really?

If you live in Burleith and you're paying private school tuition for several children, $200K will go further in Fairfax County, assuming you'd send your kids to FCPS. Othewise, home prices in Burleith are pretty similar to what you'd find in a place like Vienna, and you'll end up having higher transporation costs in the suburbs.

Old 02-14-2012, 02:18 PM

229 posts, read 515,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14thandYou View Post
Yes, and it's typified by Comic Book Guy-types sitting in their parents' basements bashing out angry screeds on internet message boards about how all of the women in DC are ugly.
So you respond to a gross generalization with your own exaggeration. Bravo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
View detailed profiles of: