Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 01:16 PM

Location: Standing outside of heaven, wating for God to come and get me.
1,382 posts, read 3,718,348 times

Advertisements

Washington Bullets, when you were uptown, downtown and around town in the 80's, did you get a chance to visit the night clubs. I heard the club scene was off the chain. I hate I missed the thong contests.

Old 06-04-2012, 01:38 PM

Location: YOU are NOT a Washingtonian. YOU are a GENTRIFIER from the CVS, Whole Foods, Starbucks & Condos era.
367 posts, read 642,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I'm pretty sure it's common knowledge that DC has historically comprised of a two-class society. However, the gentrification taking place is not necessarily that of the highest echelons....it's newfound middle class that DC is not renowned for. Most of the new apartment buildings/condos being built in areas that were previously crime-ridden leech-fests are priced in such a way that the average young white collar professional can enjoy without having to live in the ghetto. One way or another, this demographic shift will either result in an even stronger Democratic voter base, or it will level out the conservative/liberal distribution a bit. For that reason, I believe that it's probable that the traditional crony that runs for office in DC will be held more accountable, and thereby producing more quality candidates in the future. The days of the Marion Barry poverty vote are headed for the dust bin of history, even if it means that Democrats will hold a majority.
Well in all fairness, my mother has never been a fan of Marion Barry and her dislike for him goes back several decades.

Old 06-04-2012, 01:39 PM

Location: YOU are NOT a Washingtonian. YOU are a GENTRIFIER from the CVS, Whole Foods, Starbucks & Condos era.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Heartbreak Kid View Post
Flip Saunders?

I don't do starbucks but I do like the condo's... Hate I am leaving by beloved Southwest for NOMA.
No. It has nothing to do with Flip or the Wizards.

Old 06-04-2012, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Washington Bullets, when you were uptown, downtown and around town in the 80's, did you get a chance to visit the night clubs. I heard the club scene was off the chain. I hate I missed the thong contests.
Man the clubs were crazy back then. There is video footage of it out there you just have to know where to look. I will send you a link to some video footage of a place I used to regularly hang out at back in the day.

Now in the 90s a lot of the night clubs started to enforce strict dress codes and I firmly believe it was because of me and the way I used to dress to keep people who dressed like me out but thats another story entirely for another day.

All those "dress to impress" bama club owners know me or know of me.

I wish them all financial failure in all their business ventures. (Native or Transplant)

Last edited by WASHINGTON BULLETS; 06-04-2012 at 03:05 PM..

Old 06-04-2012, 02:14 PM

Location: Standing outside of heaven, wating for God to come and get me.
1,382 posts, read 3,718,348 times
Why are you against the dress to impress clubs. I like seeing women in dresses and heels.

Old 06-04-2012, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Why are you against the dress to impress clubs. I like seeing women in dresses and heels.
Dress to impress is fine but then they started banning Air Jordans, sports jerseys and baseball hats etc...

They took that sh*t too far and started being a**holes about it in the process.

A lot of people around here (of all races) used to take pride in their Air Jordan collection. (I am talking about the originals back in the day not the retros.)

Old 06-04-2012, 06:04 PM

939 posts, read 1,894,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WASHINGTON BULLETS View Post
A lot of people around here (of all races) used to take pride in their Air Jordan collection.
Classic...

Old 06-04-2012, 06:14 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,942,172 times
Quote:
Who said anything about Rudy Guiliani, or any particular type of mayor in general? Certainly not me. You've dreamt up this particular caricature in order to justify the rest of your fallacious talking points.

Also, you throw around numbers such as "90%" to describe Democratic DC voters. Considering that the actual number is 74%, why should I give credence to the rest of your post? I shouldn't.

DC is solidly Democratic. No one is disputing that. But the percentages are moving downward, not upward. While it might be 'decades' in the making, that doesn't mean a Republican shift won't happen.

I know that bothers you, but at least try to be somewhat objective in your assessment instead of throwing around half-baked statistics that you know nothing about.

DC Board of Elections and Ethics: 2012
lol cool story bro. You are dancing around the fact that REPUBLICANS HATE CITIES! Republicans see DC as a dirty liberal anti Christian cesspool, why would they have some change of heart about this and move en masse around the gay people, atheists and people of color they hate? It's akin to saying liberals in DC are going to make an exodus to rural Mississippi, no basic in fact, reality, psychology or logic. There's no reasonable path where DC would become noticeably more Republican, 1-4% possibly at most but there are no Republican major cities in America. You can't even provide an example.

Old 06-05-2012, 09:04 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,146,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
lol cool story bro. You are dancing around the fact that REPUBLICANS HATE CITIES! Republicans see DC as a dirty liberal anti Christian cesspool, why would they have some change of heart about this and move en masse around the gay people, atheists and people of color they hate? It's akin to saying liberals in DC are going to make an exodus to rural Mississippi, no basic in fact, reality, psychology or logic. There's no reasonable path where DC would become noticeably more Republican, 1-4% possibly at most but there are no Republican major cities in America. You can't even provide an example.
Uhhh.....Washington DC is not considered "major city." It happens to be the capital of the nation, but it does not rank in most "major city" lineups in the United States because "major city" is entirely subjective. So why are you talking about "major cities" as if that has anything to do with the subject?

Like your counterpart coldbliss, you throw around numbers without backing them up. Is there any reason why you insist on this form of obtusity to make your point? I'd recommend that if you want a logical debate using statistics, that you come forth with factual data, not some off the cuff anecdote that has no basis in reality.

Can you do that?

As far as your "Republicans see DC as a dirty liberal anti Christian cesspool..." and "people of color they hate" comment.............it's clear your debating capacity is very shallow when in you drag these into the conversation. You have nothing else, so you stoop to new lows. Very typical of the liberal set. I see no reason to debate you further until you move beyond this kind of tripe as your basis of discussion.

Last edited by AeroGuyDC; 06-05-2012 at 09:13 AM..

Old 06-05-2012, 09:18 AM

361 posts, read 854,912 times
Quote:
Uhhh.....Washington DC is not considered "major city." It happens to be the capital of the nation, but it does not rank in most "major city" lineups in the United States because "major city" is entirely subjective. So why are you talking about "major cities" as if that has anything to do with the subject?
The logic of this sentence makes *no* sense dude. Do you know what "subjective" means?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC