Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2018, 09:19 AM

850 posts, read 1,132,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDSBURNER View Post

1 27 YO - Good chemistry on first date, but I don't think she has her stuff together. Still living with her mother and uses her mother's car to get around. She could also class it up a bit. I don't think will go anywhere.
2 34 YO - We clicked immediately and went out on several dates. Her craziness and possessiveness came out quick and strong. I cut her off because it was too weird.
3 40 YO - She asked for my number, but will only text. Text messages consist of her newfound chastity (which is ok with me because there's probably a long backstory there), how handsome/young I am, and boring small talk. Can't get a date with her after texting on and off for a month. Cutting communication today.
4 32 YO - Apparently works for some congressperson. I called and left a message to set up our first date and never got an answer. Tried a follow-up a week later, still no answer.
5 29 YO - Works for Louis Vuitton. I got her number while picking up a suit. We scheduled a date and 10 AM the morning of the date, she cancelled saying she was sick and wasn't going into work and wanted a rain check. I followed-up a week later, no response.
6 Unknown age - Assuming 30. Got her number at the gym and we set up a date. She cancelled at 5:30 PM on a Saturday, two hours before our date saying she was tired. I let that slide even though that's B.S because we confirmed the date at 3:00 PM. I gave it two weeks and asked whether she still wanted to go out. No response.
I'm a 35 yo male with with a wife (14 years) and two kids. I don't live in DC but work here and commute in from the burbs. So I have a little bit of a different demographic than many here. This is my assessment.

1. No, she's dosen't have her **** together.
2. No, she's crazy
3. Yes, I would cut communication.
4. She's not interested in you.
5. She's not interested in you.
6. She's not interested in you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2018, 10:48 AM

712 posts, read 1,093,275 times
To the OP, also check out yoga classes, especially "hot" yoga. If yoga classes elsewhere are anything like the ones around me in Bowie, women outnumber men 4:1, and there's a decent number of friendly young women in the classes.

Old 01-25-2018, 11:50 AM

1,795 posts, read 3,629,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDatInMD View Post
To the OP, also check out yoga classes, especially "hot" yoga. If yoga classes elsewhere are anything like the ones around me in Bowie, women outnumber men 4:1, and there's a decent number of friendly young women in the classes.

I've heard the same. The only downfall I see to this is that if the poster has no actual interest in yoga. I would never do something I'm not interested in just to meet women. That screams desperation and women will figure it out almost instantly if a guy is there to meet a woman. It's like 8 minute dating. Have you ever seen the people who do this? I have and its not pretty. I'm a happy hour fan so I utilize bars (nice ones) to hang out with friends. In a lot of instances, I've chatted up women or vice versa at these venues and dated some. You really have to be in an environment that you enjoy.

Old 01-25-2018, 12:58 PM

4,178 posts, read 2,649,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLCMA View Post
I've heard the same. The only downfall I see to this is that if the poster has no actual interest in yoga. I would never do something I'm not interested in just to meet women. That screams desperation and women will figure it out almost instantly if a guy is there to meet a woman. It's like 8 minute dating. Have you ever seen the people who do this? I have and its not pretty. I'm a happy hour fan so I utilize bars (nice ones) to hang out with friends. In a lot of instances, I've chatted up women or vice versa at these venues and dated some. You really have to be in an environment that you enjoy.
I agree. I'm not big on going out, but whenever I'd meet women, it'd be when I wasn't even trying to. Just naturally hang out with friends at the bar and a cute girl sits next to you and just start talking to her. That works wonders over a guy doing stuff he doesn't like just to go meet a girl.

Old 01-25-2018, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
I agree. I'm not big on going out, but whenever I'd meet women, it'd be when I wasn't even trying to. Just naturally hang out with friends at the bar and a cute girl sits next to you and just start talking to her. That works wonders over a guy doing stuff he doesn't like just to go meet a girl.
Absolutely. I’ll tell anyone, if you have a good group of friends or acquaintances you’ll have no problem meeting people, platonically or romantically. I got invited to a house party this weekend that happens annually from friend of a friend who is throwing it. I’ve heard it’s filled with women so I’m definitely going. Also, I’ll tell any guy, make sure you have female friends as well as guy friends. They prove to be the best wing men for sure. A woman is much more receptive with another woman than a man when it comes to breaking the ice.

Old 01-26-2018, 10:26 AM

712 posts, read 1,093,275 times
Quote:
I agree, only do something if you're interested in it. I do think yoga is good to explore tho for physical well-being, IMO.

Old 01-26-2018, 10:49 AM

2,685 posts, read 2,522,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
Yep. Only desperate people compromise who they are just to attract the opposite sex.

Old 01-27-2018, 06:16 AM

Agree with both Chriz and WhoDat. Never, ever do something you don’t want to do for the sake of meeting women. You won’t enjoy it and it screams out desperation.

If you don’t like the kind of women you’re meeting in DC but don’t want to venture out another recommendation is hotel bars. There are plenty of classy venues where you can go out at night or for happy hour solo and people won’t question your motives as lots of women frequent these spots solo if they are traveling, meeting a friend, etc. My personal favorites are Dirty Habit in Hotel Monaco and Crimson View (during warm weather) at the Pod Hotel. Both are very target rich. If cougars are your thing, Summer House in Bethesda is packed with hot, older divorcees on weekends starting around 7-8.

Old 01-27-2018, 09:22 AM

2,685 posts, read 2,522,459 times
Quote:
Agree with both Chriz and WhoDat. Never, ever do something you don’t want to do for the sake of meeting women. You won’t enjoy it and it screams out desperation.

If you don’t like the kind of women you’re meeting in DC but don’t want to venture out another recommendation is hotel bars. There are plenty of classy venues where you can go out at night or for happy hour solo and people won’t question your motives as lots of women frequent these spots solo if they are traveling, meeting a friend, etc. My personal favorites are Dirty Habit in Hotel Monaco and Crimson View (during warm weather) at the Pod Hotel. Both are very target rich. If cougars are your thing, Summer House in Bethesda is packed with hot, older divorcees on weekends starting around 7-8.
Yep.

Old 01-28-2018, 09:57 PM

35 posts, read 44,379 times
I agree with everything above on Page 4. I try to stay in my own lane, but at the same time I feel like I have to broaden my horizons. I happened to meet some women from Richmond / Southern Virginia. They seemed to be right up my alley (mannerisms, hair, style, even shape), but the drawbacks were they were either married or lived in the Richmond area (lol) so I didn't pursue. Two hours one-way with no traffic sounds like work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
View detailed profiles of: