Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2018, 05:16 PM

2,685 posts, read 2,522,459 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLCMA View Post
Agreed. I love the single life. For a long time I wanted a long term relationship but I’ve outgrown it really. I realize we are living in more of a hookup culture now which is fine with me. If I happen to meet someone long term, great. If not, oh well, as I don’t want kids. Plus, most guys I know in relationships aren’t any happier than me. Probably less so for the most part.
Same here.

I've completely lost my outcome dependence with dating. I'm just in it for the experience and I really don't care where it goes or doesn't go.

I actually ended a relationship last week and was on a date with a completely new girl a few days later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2018, 11:27 PM

35 posts, read 44,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whodatinmd View Post
so true, especially the women who like to walk slowly on the boardwalk so that they can get noticed by the dbags on the yachts
lmao

Old 02-02-2018, 11:57 AM

4,177 posts, read 2,959,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencgr View Post
Mentioning that you shop at Louis Vuitton, when it is completely irrelevant to the nature of your post, makes me think otherwise.
It was relevant in my opinion. I can create a picture in my mind of what this lady looked and dressed like? He was creating a visual account of his experience.

If he said she worked at Target I would have had a different image of this woman.

Old 02-03-2018, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins2 View Post
It was relevant in my opinion. I can create a picture in my mind of what this lady looked and dressed like? He was creating a visual account of his experience.

If he said she worked at Target I would have had a different image of this woman.
Exactly. Thank you.

Old 02-09-2018, 09:46 PM

Can anyone name any more happy hours that black people frequent?

Old 02-10-2018, 11:42 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,649,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDSBURNER View Post
Maybe The Park on 14th, 18th St Lounge, and Ozios in DuPont.

Old 02-12-2018, 07:52 AM

291 posts, read 634,510 times
Quote:
I am newly single, black, and 28. I am college educated with two degrees (not wealthy, but I do well financially). I live alone in large apartment in an affluent neighborhood. I recently moved to the area and want to erase that single status.

I have gotten six ladies' (ages 27 through 40 and all black) phone numbers over the few months since I've been here. Never been shot down, I generally just let women ask me out. Details below:

1 27 YO - Good chemistry on first date, but I don't think she has her stuff together. Still living with her mother and uses her mother's car to get around. She could also class it up a bit. I don't think will go anywhere.
2 34 YO - We clicked immediately and went out on several dates. Her craziness and possessiveness came out quick and strong. I cut her off because it was too weird.
3 40 YO - She asked for my number, but will only text. Text messages consist of her newfound chastity (which is ok with me because there's probably a long backstory there), how handsome/young I am, and boring small talk. Can't get a date with her after texting on and off for a month. Cutting communication today.
4 32 YO - Apparently works for some congressperson. I called and left a message to set up our first date and never got an answer. Tried a follow-up a week later, still no answer.
5 29 YO - Works for Louis Vuitton. I got her number while picking up a suit. We scheduled a date and 10 AM the morning of the date, she cancelled saying she was sick and wasn't going into work and wanted a rain check. I followed-up a week later, no response.
6 Unknown age - Assuming 30. Got her number at the gym and we set up a date. She cancelled at 5:30 PM on a Saturday, two hours before our date saying she was tired. I let that slide even though that's B.S because we confirmed the date at 3:00 PM. I gave it two weeks and asked whether she still wanted to go out. No response.

My best friend here is white and he's been with the same girl for years. He doesn't really know what the dating scene is like, but he did tell me 4-6 above is called ghosting. News to me, I've never been shot down, stood-up, or "ghosted" until I moved here. It's rather aggravating. Why give or offer your number if you don't plan on going out? Just a waste of time and effort. It would be easier to just say no if you weren't actually interested.

Where can I meet sensible, independent, intelligent women? Most people here are college-educated, so I mean "actually intelligent." I don't discriminate, but my primary experience is with black, hispanic, and african women along with some biracial women across all shades. I don't smoke or drink, but if you're responsible do you. I also don't use online dating or dance (not a fan of clubs).

Someone point me in the right direction. Thank you.

The first lesson in meeting good women isn't WHERE to go but rather who to be. Be a good man and you'll find good women in your life. Volunteer, get active in worthy causes, be a good friend and a stand-up guy to those around you and word will get around. It sounds like you're too focused on the PROCESS and trying to win a prize. Women, especially good women, sniff that silliness out.

Old 02-12-2018, 11:09 AM

1,795 posts, read 3,629,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
Maybe The Park on 14th, 18th St Lounge, and Ozios in DuPont.

I'll second the Park on 14th. I've only been there once and was one of the few white people there. Overall, it was well dressed/professional black people there for happy hour. I haven't been to the other two venues. The Ivy City Smokehouse and Big Chief also usually have a large black clientele, especially on weekends. Ivy City isn't exactly a thriving area but these venues are packed on weekends with black people.

Old 02-12-2018, 11:27 AM

2,685 posts, read 2,522,459 times
Quote:
Are you only interested in dating black women?

Why limit yourself like that? Truth is you can find black women everywhere in the DC area. Why not just go places you enjoy based on what those places offer rather than the race of the people who go there.

Just sayin'.

Old 02-12-2018, 11:33 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,649,334 times
Some people just have preferences, I suppose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
View detailed profiles of: