Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2008, 01:34 PM

1 posts, read 1,862 times

Advertisements

I lived in DC for years, and moved away, but am moving back in September.

I am looking to live on the Hill--preferably on the Capital South/Eastern Market side. And my budget is decent--would prefer to pay 1600 a month, but am willing to go up to 1900. My only thing is I have no desire to live in one of the big condo buildings (or a basement).

Looking on craigslist, there just don't seem to be many options that are reasonably close to the metro. Which makes me think I need to do this all in person. For those of you who have looked for apartments in the last couple of months, how long would you suggest to find an apartment in the area?

And lastly, in terms of other areas, would you consider Logan Circle closer to the Hill or Adams Morgan / Dupont? In case I need a back up location to look in.

Thanks for your advice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2008, 01:50 PM

3,301 posts, read 11,720,449 times
I'd try a realtor's website, like Long&Foster. There you'll find more private rentals. I know you said you don't want managed, but if nothing else you can look at Yarmouth. They manage a bunch of places in Capitol Hill.

I tend to think of Logan Circle as more Dupont, but that's mostly because when I go there we usually end up walking to U Street or Dupont. Atmosphere-wise, it's a little quieter, so perhaps more like Capitol Hill.

Old 07-09-2008, 12:36 PM

209 posts, read 985,070 times
Try Realtor.com -- I think that should have all the listings that Long & Foster has an then some.

Craigslist is still probably your best bet.

Logan Circle is definitely closer to the Hill than Dupont or Adams Morgan but I don't know if it would make a significant difference.

Old 07-09-2008, 08:37 PM

273 posts, read 1,483,974 times
check the washington post too.

Old 07-10-2008, 10:01 AM

209 posts, read 985,070 times
The city paper website is also a pretty good source.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC