Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 06:55 AM

207 posts, read 537,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy7fo View Post
-get a google voice account with dc region area code..people do not understand the sophistication of the resume databases...they can filter resumes down to local zip codes, area codes, key words..etc etc..they do not want to spend a lot of time on resumes..
-use a p.o. box - I hear they have laxed the rules due to the economy
-if they ask, just tell them you relocated for better career opportunities and that you love the area...
-when you apply for jobs they are worried about the complications from moving and time....Just make sure your employer knows if you do divulge that your out of town, that you will relocate at your own expense and be avialble in 2-3 weeks which is the typical time for a newhire to start working....
thanks, I always say that, I can start in two weeks. I never say that I need anymore than that. I'll just get a cheap motel room in a suburb and drive in if needed. Of course then I'd have to keep my car but I never ask for relocation expenses and frankly I would just figure it out when I got there. Thats how eager I am. The p. o box is a great idea.

My friend has family there, when we go visit, I'll offer them a few bucks just to use their address on the resume. I won't use it for any other reason. Or better yet, just change one number on their address and use it without their permission. I won't be sending or receiving mail there. Hate to be dishonest but why even ask?? Just change a number. Gotta do what I gotta do.

Anyway, these are all great ideas everyone. Just gotta get there. NOW!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC