Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2012, 01:28 AM

2,064 posts, read 4,439,481 times

Advertisements

i usually disagree with everyone on the internet but i voted:

yes for pot.
no for gay marriage (sorry, i just think it's whack).
mitt romney.
rob mckenna.

i didn't even realize i was voting for pot to be totally legal. i just figured it was like CA where it's medicinal marijuana type stuff (and you still need a doctor to prescribe it). in any case, i'm happy with legalizing pot. i don't smoke it but i don't really think it's much worse than cigarettes or alcohol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2012, 09:20 AM

297 posts, read 1,035,907 times
I voted Obama, Inslee, Yes Marijuana, Yes Gay Marraige. So did my wife.

Old 11-03-2012, 10:35 AM

3,451 posts, read 7,061,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVD90277 View Post
i usually disagree with everyone on the internet but i voted:

yes for pot.
no for gay marriage (sorry, i just think it's whack).
mitt romney.
rob mckenna.

i didn't even realize i was voting for pot to be totally legal. i just figured it was like CA where it's medicinal marijuana type stuff (and you still need a doctor to prescribe it). in any case, i'm happy with legalizing pot. i don't smoke it but i don't really think it's much worse than cigarettes or alcohol.
So it's whack that I as a gay man should be able to marry the man I choose?

Old 11-03-2012, 10:40 AM

3,451 posts, read 7,061,188 times
Obama
Inslee
Cantwell
Yes on 74 (gay marriage)
No 1240 (charter schools)
No 1185 (Eyman's self-serving initiative)
Yes 502 (pot)

Old 11-03-2012, 10:47 AM

21,991 posts, read 15,743,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlerain View Post
Some people think they have the right to choose who you marry. That's whack. It's generational. Too young to have seen it but in the 60's interracial marriage went through the same thing. Same with marijuana; there was a time when alcohol was illegal too. I voted for it even though I've never tried it and have no interest; to each his own.

Old 11-03-2012, 11:11 AM

1,314 posts, read 2,057,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlerain View Post
Clearly you just haven't met the right girl.

Old 11-03-2012, 11:48 AM

1,487 posts, read 1,709,463 times
Like Nancy Pelosi said, "you've gotta pass the joint to know what's in it"....or was that pass the bill? Anywho, make sure you pass it to the left.

Old 11-03-2012, 02:11 PM

872 posts, read 2,031,700 times
I voted in my current state (Missouri):

Obama
Todd Akin (Just kidding), Claire McCaskill
Jay Nixon (D)-Incumbent governor.
Mary Still-rep
and no on every initiative because Missourians are really conservative and the only idiotic thing on there is to be able to pray in public. (smack myself in the face)

Old 11-03-2012, 09:28 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,889,134 times
I've voted no on the MJ initiative. The funny thing is a lot of my friends are also voting no as well and they're actual pot-heads. A lot of them were saying MJ being taxed sucks the fun out of it.

Old 11-03-2012, 09:29 PM

43 posts, read 87,333 times
...it's illegal to pray in public in Missouri? Or am I reading that wrong? That is a really weird law!

I think the other reason that marijuana legalization supporters oppose the bill is that it has a legal limit for driving on it...which seems to make sense on the surface, but THC has a fairly long half-life in the body, meaning that your levels might be quite high even when you're not anymore. They worry that this will prevent people who take advantage of the legalization from driving and having a normal routine. (Why they would be pulled over if they're driving attentively and well, I don't know. I suppose at that point we move into tin-hat territory, a la 'they're targeting me specifically because they know I smoke weed!')

I tend to agree with a prior poster, though. Better to just push it through now and fix it later, when there are big names in law on board, than vote against it and send the wrong message about the reasons why. Particularly when there are sick people for whom it brings so much relief!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington