Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2022, 04:56 AM

1,424 posts, read 1,939,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman05 View Post
Well there's always an excuse. Too bad many kids and people were disappointed. But who cares, right?
I'm not even offering an excuse. I'm just saying that this is a) a very minor gripe, pretty far down the list of things to complain about, b) there were other activities going celebrating the day, negating your weird conspiracy theories, and c) we're all in charge, to some degree, of our own happiness.

Also, as mayfair's comment shows, there are those who were pleased with less booms overall around town this year. I happen to know more people in town who generally don't like fireworks displays, as they traumatize pets and people with PTSD. But who cares, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2022, 07:13 AM

362 posts, read 589,757 times
probably fireworks stands that allow tiny fireworks would be ok
i heard a 11 year old in Indiana was killed but large one skull blown off or something

im part native but i resent local natives that keep selling these large fireworks
i also hate guns but i see why many want them for protection

usa is a screwed up country and isnt fun as it used to be

Old 07-06-2022, 07:15 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEeaC8ASqSU

macys nyc 2022 fireworks

Old 07-06-2022, 07:18 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bx0yK7ufSm4

seattle 2018

Old 07-06-2022, 10:55 AM

303 posts, read 177,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartonizer View Post
I'm not even offering an excuse. I'm just saying that this is a) a very minor gripe, pretty far down the list of things to complain about, b) there were other activities going celebrating the day, negating your weird conspiracy theories, and c) we're all in charge, to some degree, of our own happiness.

Also, as mayfair's comment shows, there are those who were pleased with less booms overall around town this year. I happen to know more people in town who generally don't like fireworks displays, as they traumatize pets and people with PTSD. But who cares, right?
Are you saying professional fireworks traumatize pets? I think it's more like a vampire reaction to sunlight. The sounds of celebrating America triggers liberals. So they have an embaressing 13 minute display. Your tax dollars not at work.

Old 07-06-2022, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Are you saying professional fireworks traumatize pets? I think it's more like a vampire reaction to sunlight. The sounds of celebrating America triggers liberals. So they have an embaressing 13 minute display. Your tax dollars not at work.
You're so conspiracy-minded that it's hard to even have a conversation to you. Yes, a lot of people living in the city (and everywhere, for that matter) complain regularly about fireworks scaring their pets. And I've know quite a few vets that aren't big fans, either. And that's not remotely limited to the Bellingham area- I've heard the same thing everywhere- from FL to NC to CO to WA. I'm personally not bothered by fireworks, but I respect the opinion of others who are. And FWIW, people are still more into fireworks here than they have been in the other places I've lived.

Again, I get that you're upset that the fireworks display wasn't good enough to you. I'm sure there were tons of displays across the country that could have been better. But you're connecting non-existent dots to conform to your ridiculous conclusion. And you're cherry picking and choosing what you want to comment about- one more time, there was a large 4th of July celebration on the downtown waterfront that you didn't bother checking out. The fact that you didn't go doesn't mean that it didn't happen, or that it was less somehow less patriotic because of your absence. Speaking of which, perhaps you should expand your criteria for what it means to love this country beyond length of Fourth of July fireworks displays.

Old 07-06-2022, 03:31 PM

Quote:
You're so conspiracy-minded that it's hard to even have a conversation to you. Yes, a lot of people living in the city (and everywhere, for that matter) complain regularly about fireworks scaring their pets. And I've know quite a few vets that aren't big fans, either. And that's not remotely limited to the Bellingham area- I've heard the same thing everywhere- from FL to NC to CO to WA. I'm personally not bothered by fireworks, but I respect the opinion of others who are. And FWIW, people are still more into fireworks here than they have been in the other places I've lived.

Again, I get that you're upset that the fireworks display wasn't good enough to you. I'm sure there were tons of displays across the country that could have been better. But you're connecting non-existent dots to conform to your ridiculous conclusion. And you're cherry picking and choosing what you want to comment about- one more time, there was a large 4th of July celebration on the downtown waterfront that you didn't bother checking out. The fact that you didn't go doesn't mean that it didn't happen, or that it was less somehow less patriotic because of your absence. Speaking of which, perhaps you should expand your criteria for what it means to love this country beyond length of Fourth of July fireworks displays.
You haven't provided a good reason why the Bellingham display is so poorly done, except that some people don't like fireworks. I named very possible reasons because I know the political ideology, raised in a liberal city myself. It was 13 minutes long, not 25, 15 or even 14, which makes a world record for a city the size of Bellingham. The city is swindling the tax payers who live there.

Old 07-06-2022, 05:17 PM

Quote:
You haven't provided a good reason why the Bellingham display is so poorly done, except that some people don't like fireworks. I named very possible reasons because I know the political ideology, raised in a liberal city myself. It was 13 minutes long, not 25, 15 or even 14, which makes a world record for a city the size of Bellingham. The city is swindling the tax payers who live there.
Clearly they didn't prioritize the fireworks display as a huge budget item, and as a property-owning resident, I'm fine with my tax dollars going elsewhere. How on earth is a short-ish fireworks display swindling taxpayers? That makes zero sense. If they spent a huge amount of money on fireworks, then I may actually feel swindled. But level of expenditure on fireworks by my local municipality isn't a big deal to me, nor is it to most people.

Your comments are total nonsense, are you a troll? Is this an actual argument? Also, one more time: the city actually had a large Fourth of July celebration. Don't complain about nothing going on just because you didn't go.

Also, there are also plenty of conservative cities around the country that don't have fireworks celebrations. For example, I used to live in Hickory, NC, which is definitely not a liberal place. The city doesn't put on a display, instead the Crawdads baseball team put it on. The city's display is O minutes long, which according to your logic, should be a new world record. Yet another easily disproval of your harebrained postulations. Good grief, we had a short fireworks display. Get over it.

Old 07-08-2022, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Clearly they didn't prioritize the fireworks display as a huge budget item, and as a property-owning resident, I'm fine with my tax dollars going elsewhere. How on earth is a short-ish fireworks display swindling taxpayers? That makes zero sense. If they spent a huge amount of money on fireworks, then I may actually feel swindled. But level of expenditure on fireworks by my local municipality isn't a big deal to me, nor is it to most people.

Your comments are total nonsense, are you a troll? Is this an actual argument? Also, one more time: the city actually had a large Fourth of July celebration. Don't complain about nothing going on just because you didn't go.

Also, there are also plenty of conservative cities around the country that don't have fireworks celebrations. For example, I used to live in Hickory, NC, which is definitely not a liberal place. The city doesn't put on a display, instead the Crawdads baseball team put it on. The city's display is O minutes long, which according to your logic, should be a new world record. Yet another easily disproval of your harebrained postulations. Good grief, we had a short fireworks display. Get over it.
If somewhere hosts something they should try to do an at least average job with it. Hickory is a poorly managed city. Why do you think Bellingham is constantly compared to other undesirable cities? 20 years ago both were good cities, but now they're more like places people don't brag about. Do you plan to live in Bellingham for life?

Old 07-09-2022, 08:19 PM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by E Roy Slade View Post
probably fireworks stands that allow tiny fireworks would be ok
i heard a 11 year old in Indiana was killed but large one skull blown off or something

im part native but i resent local natives that keep selling these large fireworks
i also hate guns but i see why many want them for protection

usa is a screwed up country and isnt fun as it used to be
Roy, do you really live in Velikii Novgorod? Or did you live there for awhile? (Sorry, off-topic.) I love those old historic cities. Pskov, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington