Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are Fed/Potus Mandates needed for WA?
Yes, these Federal/Potus Vax Mandates are needed 55 29.57%
No, these Fed/Potus Vax Mandates are NOT needed 124 66.67%
We don't know yet 7 3.76%
Voters: 186. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2021, 10:39 AM

3,693 posts, read 2,411,133 times

Advertisements

A Vaccine Mandate has arrived from the potus.

I assume there will be some loopholes to some various degrees to the state and local levels of WA, although WA and some local municipalities and employers have their own vax mandates/rules in place already.

What say you?

Discuss.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2021, 11:14 AM

9,182 posts, read 12,126,828 times
It's ridiculous. It will only make the work crisis even bigger. Soon, there will be not enough doctors, nurses, even food supplies. What's next? A war? I am for vaccines and absolutely against these nonsensical mandates. People should be able to make their own health decisions. After all, the covid vaccine does not really reduce the spread - it mainly provides personal protection. Many examples from other countries have shown that.

Old 09-10-2021, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botev1912 View Post
Soon, there will be not enough doctors, t.
96% of Medical Doctors (MDs) are vaccinated. And they are as politically polarized as the general population.

Old 09-10-2021, 11:55 AM

9,182 posts, read 12,126,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Returning2USA View Post
96% of Medical Doctors (MDs) are vaccinated. And they are as politically polarized as the general population.
that's good but they want nearly 100% to be vaccinated.

Last edited by Botev1912; 09-10-2021 at 12:34 PM..

Old 09-10-2021, 11:59 AM

14,476 posts, read 12,101,318 times
*needed*? The question should be *allowed*

Old 09-10-2021, 12:46 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,074,759 times
You know, I don’t know.
I just don’t trust this guy and his people when it comes to this.

I mean,
I see a lot of political posturing.
I don’t understand why Fauci is not being investigated.
There is no immunity testing going on and one would think this is a good idea.
Statements on being vaccinated are all over the place….you’re safe, your not safe, your safe but need a mask, you’re safe but need a booster and a mask. What the heck???
Why isn’t natural immunity even being discussed? Is it not real science or does it just not fit their narrative?

I will even toss an inaccurate statement… you’re totally safe 60% of the time.
While I know that statement is not true it seems like this is being fed to us.

Children have a higher risk of being harmed from other things than this virus.

All that said we are vaccinated and think it’s a good idea for us but this is as far as I’m willing to go.

Old 09-10-2021, 02:53 PM

8,736 posts, read 8,667,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechAndy View Post
You know, I don’t know.
I just don’t trust this guy and his people when it comes to this.

I mean,
I see a lot of political posturing.
I don’t understand why Fauci is not being investigated.
There is no immunity testing going on and one would think this is a good idea.
Statements on being vaccinated are all over the place….you’re safe, your not safe, your safe but need a mask, you’re safe but need a booster and a mask. What the heck???
Why isn’t natural immunity even being discussed? Is it not real science or does it just not fit their narrative?

I will even toss an inaccurate statement… you’re totally safe 60% of the time.
While I know that statement is not true it seems like this is being fed to us.

Children have a higher risk of being harmed from other things than this virus.

All that said we are vaccinated and think it’s a good idea for us but this is as far as I’m willing to go.
I'd add in... earlier in the year there were "studies" that showed in-class learning, with masks, wasn't responsible for transmitting the virus. Parents, myself included, happily cited such "studies" to advocate for the return of in-person learning.

But now..

Thousands of kids in the area, despite the high vaccination rates AND masking are having to stay home, in the first days of the academic year, because it apparently doesn't matter what the "studies" showed 6 months ago. It doesn't matter we have high vaccination rates (LK WA school district has one of the highest vaccine rates in the entire country!).

And UH-OH... Here come's the MU!

[url]https://www.nbcboston.com/news/coronavirus/new-possibly-vaccine-resistant-mu-variant-likely-in-mass/2488480/[/url]

If it takes over Delta, is as highly contagious and infects you despite immunity gained through vaccine or previous infection then, well, don't be shocked if were back to discussing lockdown closures in addition to vaccine mandates.

Personally since late last year I've been buying nice things to make my home a truly wonderful and highly functional refuge that will last a long time. $10k+ in the bedroom alone (furniture, mattress, bedding, etc) Looks and feels nicer than any vacation rental or hotel room. Now working on the entryway and garage. Need some free weights for the family athlete. Most days it feels like you can't trust or count on anything outside the home.... Will my kids be sent home tomorrow for a 10 day quarantine? That's a realistic concern for this month... what will I be concerned about in 6 months?

Old 09-10-2021, 09:54 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,705 posts, read 58,042,598 times
Vaccine mandates will not bring herd immunity, but the USA officials are scambling to clear hospital bottlenecks. (Little do they realize the USA HC system has been broken for 20+ yrs)

The USA will never approach 90% vaccinated, and countries doing so are not winning the current battle. + the battle will change as the viruse mutates.

We (USA) missed the obvious opportunity to curtail this in Feb 2020.

The cats out of the bag, and there are too many inconsiderate and selfish people in the USA to bring the health of others a priority. (it is our 'individual / power / entitlement' culture )

Covid is an instrumental game changer.

The USA is not interested, or able to win at this game.

Be safe
Be considerate of others who may be very vulnerable to Covid exposure killing them.

We just got news today of yet another very healthy and active 30 something who has been bedridden since getting #2 Pfizer vaccine during Feb 2021. Brain inflammation, limited motor use, constant vomitting and vertigo. The person has a family to raise and support. (on single income, been on medical leave for 6 months, got terminated on Sept 1.) No more HC, house payments, food.

The Amerian way.

Old 09-10-2021, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
*needed*? The question should be *allowed*
Good point.

Old 09-11-2021, 02:34 AM

Interesting article. When was the first US Supreme Court ruling over Mandated Vaccines?

116 years ago in 1905.

Quote:
The court

The Supreme Court has endorsed vaccination mandates for more than 105 years. The court first weighed in on mandates in 1905, with a 7-2 decision in Jacobson vs. Massachusetts, upholding a fine imposed by the city of Cambridge, Mass., on a resident who refused to get inoculated against smallpox.
https://www.latimes.com/business/sto...he-right-thing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington