Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2009, 01:43 PM

1 posts, read 1,749 times

Advertisements

Hi. I'm thinking strongly about relocating from Clarkston, Washington to Bellingham, Washington. I currently attend school at a satellite campus of WWCC and don't have access to many classes in person. I'm looking for a better school experience, closer proximity to my family on the Puget Sound, and to stay in the PNW to retain my residency status. Ultimately, it makes sense to move to a town that has a community college and university, which Bellingham does. It's proximity to Vancouver and Seattle are also appealing to me, for shopping and entertainment.

I'll be moving with my boyfriend and our cat and pug puppy. My sister and her boyfriend will be moving to Bellingham at the same time from Olympia. My sister's primary reason is to attend school at WWU.

I wouldn't consider myself an "outdoor" person by any means. I like to enjoy the scenery, occasionally take walks, etc., but I prefer to be inside watching movies, reading books, writing, swimming laps, or whatever. I'll be attending school full-time, and working at least 20 hours a week.

Currently, I work PT at a bank as a Teller, and PT as a Demonstrator for a Holistic pet food company.

Now that you have context, here are my questions:

1. What do you know about Whatcom Community College?

2. Will I have trouble finding a job in banking? If so, will it be difficult to obtain a position in customer service, or something similar to banking?

3. I don't see many available apartments online, is housing an issue there? If all four of us (my sister, her boyfriend, my boyfriend, me) live together, will we find that to be more affordable? If my boyfriend and I lived alone we'd be looking at a studio or one bedroom, of some sort, inside Bellingham. If we all lived together, we'd be looking for a two bedroom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2009, 09:13 AM

4 posts, read 10,395 times
1. WCC is a good school, my wife goes there and enjoys it. 2. There are numerous large bank branches and several local branches, in fact I think I recently saw ads for bank tellers on Craigslist. 3. Housing is not an issue in Bellingham, it is a college town, so apartments and rental houses are out there. Based on what you said I think you would enjoy the Fairhaven area of Bellingham, you should look into it and see if that would be an option for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington